April 18, 2024, 06:55:04 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Suuper's Artworks & Illustrations  (Read 310694 times)

Offline devola

• View Profile
Re: Suuper's manga (+digital and 3D)
« Reply #1035 on: December 04, 2018, 09:10:47 PM »
These are really good Suuper, definitely a huge improvement over previous work. The poses are cute, the outfits are cute and the general vibe is very light and energetic, I love it!

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: December 04, 2018, 10:53:07 PM »
finished WIPs

Isn't that an oxymoron?

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: December 05, 2018, 03:12:32 AM »
@lego it's definitely a coincidence as that one was actually the first one I drew, the upload changed the order. they're 95% finished so not really WIPs, but a couple could go through a lineart clean, to remove the circles and guidelines underneath.

@devola thanks! I find it's easier to work on a whole bunch of images at the same time so I get a bit of a flow up.

@WalterB haha I never thought about that! I suppose I mean "these were WIPs, but now they are not" :P
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: December 05, 2018, 12:41:55 PM »
aaaand another 6 finished. I think these can properly quality as "finished sketches"

got lazy and combined all the images into 1 lol
not sure if I want to spend more time on each one or not, since there's a limit to how much I can fix while inking on just the one layer.
my old sketches are so low quality it really reminds me to make sure I draw the details in the original sketch and dont wait for the next layer to draw them in, especially hands. for some reason I leave off hands a lot of the tie in my sketches, not even just a rough guideline, nothing. gotta be more on the ball for that sorta thing.

Spoiler

also wayyyy too many sketches of just a head shot ended up in my WIP folder. well it's good practice I guess >_<
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 01:58:55 PM by suuper-san »
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: December 06, 2018, 04:08:29 PM »
How large is your WIP folder again? Man these are really clean. You're really going at it. I wonder if they're some potential gems in my backlog that I could redraw to make cool like this. Hands look on the short side for the first number 6. Love her shirt though. First number 5 (megane gal) Is my favourite.

Good stuff

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: December 06, 2018, 06:07:06 PM »
thanks
In terms of file size, it's at .57Gb, but resolution and whatnot makes that somewhat meaningless.
In terms of number I did a recount and it's at 3664. I'm somewhat liberal with what counts as one so a typical month looks like this

Spoiler
this was a better day

got lots like this tho, headshot headshot headshot

basically anything that I should have finished is in there, I move on too quickly when I should have put more time into my sketches, so now I have the sketches, I want to put the time in to finish them. 1000 finished WIPs is one of my goals, although it's long-ish term. Especially since I want to colour and cel-shade them as well lol

yeah I should really draw more props on my characters like glasses, it always makes them look better and more real. the numbers are the minutes to draw. should really put reference numbers on them

the arm wasn't part of the original sketch for the other girl, which is why it was quite bad, since I had literally nothing to go on and I was inking blind. that's why a good initial sketch (the one above the guideline layer) has to be fully detailed even if it's rough, otherwise you've got to sketch that detail in at some point anyway. hands and feet that never get drawn are really annoying to your future self.

I'm sure there is plenty you can find to redraw/finish/improve in your sketches. What I notice is that because I already have the initial idea, my brain is less taxed in the creative area, and so I can focus more on the proportions and the technical area instead. I often notice anatomy mistakes (although I can't always correct them) a lot easier when it's the second time round. Plus you get a nice before and after to show off your (hopefully) improved skill

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: December 06, 2018, 06:18:27 PM »
Now that's some benchpressing if I've ever seen some lel. After that you'll be sure to have made a leap in skill. Colouring even! Damn.

You're pretty methodic in your stuff. Impressive to see. Will be looking forward to these for sure. Also teach me file naming discipline dammit. My folders are such a mess.

Your mind being taxed is an issue that is so important when it comes to drawing. It's one of the greatest dragons to slay when it comes to making sequential art in general.  My ideal as an artist is not necessarily awesome art (though i'll always want to be a proportion-sama and 3d godling) but having a free flow of my ideas on page without that crushing exhaustion of ideas. I've gotta be more flexible with churning out images if I'm to get anywhere.

And yeh. Props make the world go round.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: December 07, 2018, 04:51:59 AM »
file organisation is probably the only thing I am nearly expert at lol
all files are in the format "year-month-day timefinished timespent copy/sketch description"
so "2018-12-07 0942 012 sketch trees.jpg"
I have year folders and month folders within them. GIMP files stay in the year folder as I wont need to look at them so regularly
Finished pieces, sketches, WIPs etc are additional cropped/cleaned copies placed in the relevant folders under year
WIPs are sorted into Needs Finishing, Needs Inking, Needs Colouring
extra folders contain copies such as the 1000 figure regime, manga pages grouped under story title etc.

tbh I think only the date is actually important but I love having all the extra info. Traditional pages only have the date as I haven't sorted through them yet @_@

yeah I find if I try and freestyle manga pages, I'll run out of momentum really quick and start focusing on the proportions rather than the expressiveness and the creative story. I think getting proportion and stuff under your belt will probably help as you are more free to create. I want to apply my WIP processing workflow to creating a manga with decent quality and expressive drawings, but not sure how yet :P
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 06:55:24 AM by suuper-san »

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: December 07, 2018, 12:45:54 PM »
Some great clothing pieces there! I also like the way you draw delicate necks.

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: December 08, 2018, 06:51:48 AM »
@walterB thanks :)

here's a coloured WIP. the legs went wrong weirdly and the skirt/dress ended up too short as well I think.
I was going for a short kimono feel I think, but it probably would have been better at the knees? I was going for cute but didn't really know what I was doing....
That's what happens when you're working at high speed, but I think all this WIP finishing is helping somewhere in my head.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 06:53:42 AM by suuper-san »

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: December 09, 2018, 06:38:42 PM »
Nothing like making more WIPs

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: December 09, 2018, 06:42:15 PM »
Damn dat file organization deserves a topic in of itself.

Dude your finished WIPs are amazing all across the board. They're webcomic ready and stuff. Such clean lines, and the colours work so well. I want to use colour now. Also kawaii. Also what software do you use because I may or may not be a traitor to paint.

WIPs make the world go round. Top left, bottom left and wavy gal are my favourites. I like the side face too, and how the eyes are so well centered. You are a loyal subject to proportion sama as always.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: December 09, 2018, 06:52:39 PM »
Thanks

GIMP is my current program and given how nicely it treats me, i'm unlikely to betray it for a long time (unless i write my own art program to streamline my workflow).
Also animation is easy as abc for normal stuff

I think people order their files diffrerently on what they view as important as well. For me, its like an archive of work in its original state, pages and all. Others might prefer grouping by content or quality etc. If you dont look back much then its not so important i guess.

I try my best on proportion, but its REALLY easy to skew and unbalance your work when youre not paying 100% attention haha. Not doing all my work on the same day helps as i notice mistakes from previous days more easily.

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: December 09, 2018, 10:13:14 PM »
I think the purple haired girl still looks cute (or I just like purple-haired characters ;p) I like the way you do your lines and how the eyes are coloured.

Cool to see more poses in the second pic. The girl with her hands in her pockets is my favourite.
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/noteriddler

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: December 10, 2018, 02:29:27 AM »
@echo thanks! doing the 1000 figures really loosened me up for the poses that I use when sketching rather than having them always facing dead forwards. hopefully I can increase the range even more in the future :)