March 29, 2024, 02:47:10 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Suuper's Artworks & Illustrations  (Read 307673 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Suuper's manga (+digital and 3D)
« Reply #900 on: September 30, 2018, 03:41:59 AM »
Ah, that must be ligne claire right? With your exactness it's something that'd fit you quite well. Would love to see more of your stuff in 'real' ink (Though I dislike the implication... Don't you look down on ballpoint! *Glares*)

Hair gestures looking nice. And I hear you. Jet lag is destroying me at the moment. I feel like I'm in a dream haha...

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: September 30, 2018, 04:06:44 AM »
aha I didn't know the style had a name. I should keep an eye on info like that I don't want to sound stupid later on :P
haha no I love ballpoint :P I'm not sure how I want to take the style as one of my "official" styles, but I plan to do more complex and detailed stuff for sure. hopefully it will help my creativity as well.

is there a more specific term than just "ink" to differentiate the types, or would that be "fineliner ink", "ballpoint ink" etc, naming the tool as well.

aha you too huh yeah nothing feels quite tangible when you're tired at the wrong time :P
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: September 30, 2018, 06:25:06 AM »
I think fineliner ink works? I'm just being douchey. Also I only figured out that term because I thought: This guy draws like Herge of the Tintin fame. Googled it and yeaup there it was.

It's almost scary how many lucid dreams I'm having even man. Maybe real artists depend on sleep deprivation and jet lag.

Offline VOYA

• Voyager
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: September 30, 2018, 01:17:48 PM »
point taken :P
and thanks.

well it was slightly easier than I thought to scan my images as I forgot my printer had a scanner that is 3x faster than my normal old A4 scanner that I use, so it only took 15 minutes of flatbed scanning to get it all done. why didnt i use the document feeder and scan the whole lot in 4 minutes, you ask? well it trimmed 5mm off each edge which took off the date as it was so close to the edge and accurate recording is important to me. OCD at its finest :P

it was also a pain to get the images from imgur without going to each one and copying and pasting. I finally hacked the html with find and replace using notepad++ in a couple of minutes.

all are original sketches without reference, with the exception of the realistic portrait pages, and the skull page.
I hope to finish some of the good ones off in digital and colour.

SPOILER WARNING: hope your scroll wheel is durable :P

Spoiler

I'm also crunching a long term to-do of sorting all my traditional into a proper portfolio (scanning thousands of A4s) and finishing all those drawings I said I would redo in digital :P

Jesus... the sheer workload here is incredible, this is over a period of time or recently? Seeing you practice individual parts is nice to see too, as opposed to just grouping them together.

Even I'm shocked with the sheer volume here, how do you feel recently - you feel it's benefited you in anyway? Understanding, confidence, speed etc?
Hey there, I am using WhatsA- ... oh

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: September 30, 2018, 02:10:24 PM »
@lego well it can't hurt to be more specific. I haven't had a lucid dream for ages. I generally get them when I am getting more sleep than needed, along with a load of normal dreams. write those dreams down they'll come in handy for writers block!

@ovium yup this is my holiday stash, so 2 weeks away with my family which I just got back from. yeah I generally rotate my studies with about 2-4 pages on each thing, but often fall back to faces and general body which are both important and difficult :P
as for benefiting yes I did, in that I was able to wring out some bad guidelines habits of mine, for faces and hands and body, although I wanted to draw about 3x that - 300 pages (which I have done before so it wasn't impossible), so I feel I didn't get the most benefit that I could have had, but hey it was a family holiday and I had fun with my family so there you go :P

doing a lot of art all in one go helps to open a lot of thought channels in your head as you can focus completely on the one thing. kinda how moving to a country is the best way to learn a language because of immersion, art immersion can have benefits that are hard to get with a normal draw-for-an-hour-a-day kind of regimes. being a holiday, it helped me to relax as well so I wasn't stressing over my art or anything else.

edit: latest sketches

Spoiler

« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 04:33:28 PM by suupertramp »
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: October 01, 2018, 07:18:57 PM »
finished off a rubbishy WIP real quick. working on a more sketchier inking style. didn't really focus on fixing any of the problems with it tho :P

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: October 02, 2018, 06:09:15 AM »
Nani!? I never thought you'd even consider something like sketchier. THat being said it seems you added more line variation rather than sketchiness. Man I really like her peaceful curious expression. You have VN or Webtoon potential in you super. I feel the wrinkles on her bust are odd? It's not a complaint but it gets to me a bit. Love the hair and shading. How long did it take to make?

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: October 02, 2018, 07:58:35 AM »
@lego It took 20 minutes for this particular one (plus maybe 4 for the original WIP sketch), partly the reason for the mistakes you mentioned. the bust lines bothered me at the time but I didn't know how to fix it so figured to not waste time and left it :P

I think line variation comes more naturally when I am being sketchy as I'm not focused on accuracy. I'm using up my 100's of old (and probably inaccurate) WIPs to practice inking and sketching style without the negative feeling that I'm producing an inaccurate piece from scratch. I try and correct a little but it's hard when you're trying to work faster obviously :P

heres what I worked with
Spoiler

actually it's amazing I made anything with it lol

this new idea of mine to work on sketches and finished pieces separately seems to be working well so far although it's only small beginnings, but I feel I can sketch a lot more freer as I am not aiming for an "amazingly brilliant finished piece", just a bunch of nice sketches. Then I pick the best ones and add to my WIP pile to finish whenever I feel like finishing one. even after it's finished, I might ut it back into WIPs for another round :P

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #908 on: October 05, 2018, 11:30:50 AM »
Great stuff man! Faces is something I really need to work on.

Oh man, lucid dreaming. I love when it happens! Is probably one of the coolest experiences one can have I think. I actually have them relatively frequent. I read there was a like a machine that could help induce them, something like  a helmet that sends light to your brain. I have also notices I have some very vivid dreams when I fall asleep with the light on. It is quite extraordinary what the human brain can do (create an entire scenario in our head while you sleep). Makes you wonder if it is actually your brain that does it, or there is more behind it  ;)

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: October 15, 2018, 05:35:40 PM »
@walterB yeah there's always room to improve somewhere haha

yup lucid dreams are as mysterious as they come :P

well here's the results from my "Monday art day"
overall I did OK, would have done better if I got focused earlier but I'm pretty content with today's output

Copied Stuff

Original Stuff

and a finished WIP in my new style, which is just my old style, but faster :P
took 30 minutes which was nicely fast :P

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: October 16, 2018, 01:22:07 AM »
Man that's a heck of a lot of work. Looks great suuper! And you can churn out something that good in 30 minutes? Hax

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: October 16, 2018, 12:01:29 PM »
partly the reason I can churn it out so fast is that I already have an "idea" for a drawing, as I used an older WIP. So, my brain doesn't have to wear itself out working on proportions and character design when it's all basically there. This is kind of what I meant when I previously said there was a great benefit to breaking up the initial design and final version. I plan to challenge how quickly (in terms of days after drawing the sketch) I can finish a WIP after having created it, although coming to it a month later is quite a fresh feeling. Also I wonder if I split it into a second WIP if I could achieve an even higher quality "naturally", but I'll worry about that later :P

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: October 21, 2018, 02:38:37 AM »
Well it's been a slow week, in addition to being ill. I've been doing other life stuff :P

started using my android tablet for drawing again in the evenings when I don't feel like sitting up at my computer.

getting a little more confident and starting to finally push past a couple of walls in my head that I've had for years, which is awesome. Also working on colouring and shading which I hate, but starting to get a work flow so not as much hate as last time :P

despite the fact I didn't manage Inktober's the last few days I still did do drawing so It wasn't a complete washout

nothing special

« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 02:40:13 AM by suupertramp »

Offline VOYA

• Voyager
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: October 23, 2018, 09:51:57 AM »
Well it's been a slow week, in addition to being ill. I've been doing other life stuff :P

started using my android tablet for drawing again in the evenings when I don't feel like sitting up at my computer.

getting a little more confident and starting to finally push past a couple of walls in my head that I've had for years, which is awesome. Also working on colouring and shading which I hate, but starting to get a work flow so not as much hate as last time :P

despite the fact I didn't manage Inktober's the last few days I still did do drawing so It wasn't a complete washout

nothing special

Yeah its sickness season now, haha. It's good to live a little too, rest up!
Good to see you're still practicing - what's the aim to make a small manga?
You're right you do churn out material fast - I think you could handle a one-shot pretty easy at this point, probably jus confidence now.
Hey there, I am using WhatsA- ... oh

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: October 23, 2018, 11:11:42 AM »
what's the aim to make a small manga?
Actually I found the drafts for chapter 2 of my overdrive manga. I lost it for nearly a year which was amazing considering my normally organised self but hey woohoo I might do that next. I'm working on improving my methods for drafting stories so I can keep a track of them - it seems a lot of world-builders/story-writers have this problem at some point.

probably jus confidence now.
You're right there haha. I'm working on my confidence amongst other things. Actually, it's more that I'm over ambitious than under confident, I always move on to the plan for the next thing without executing any of them lol. I'm always serious when I produce a manga so I feel it has to be my best work, which I never feel up to producing :P I need to have a more balanced output rather than these huge rushes of stuff :/