April 18, 2024, 03:45:04 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Suuper's Artworks & Illustrations  (Read 310686 times)

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Re: Suuper's manga (+digital and 3D)
« Reply #885 on: August 23, 2018, 01:21:26 AM »
I either use
http://www.posemaniacs.com/thirtysecond
http://senshistock.com/sketch/#
or similar online reference sites, or my own collected photos from goodness knows where. or manga pictures etc. or just google the pose I want or the body type, seems to work well tagging any search with "artist reference"

If they are original, I will explicitly say so or separate them into groups of referenced/originals.
often I will do a page of reference and then a page of "winging it" to try and draw half from memory and half from imagination and see if I actually picked up anything from the previous page. results vary :P
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 01:31:20 AM by suupertramp »
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: August 27, 2018, 05:00:39 PM »
Tried to do a bit of shading copies. took about 3 minutes for each one.
Tried using the blending technique of spamming colourpicker and painting. Honestly I hate it and much prefer smudge, and I haven't seen a good enough reason to not use the smudge tool yet based on how I use it (it's actually hard to find a reason why not to use it people just say don't, it looks rubbish), so I'm going back to primarily using smudge until I understand the difference.

Spoiler

also the latest request from my request thread
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: August 29, 2018, 06:13:56 PM »
had a bit of a better day today. got a bit of a better flow as well, maybe because I was trying to multitask and watch anime at the same time lol

referenced/copied

original

and trying out a different inking/sketching style on an old WIP. not sure if I don't like the style or I didn't do it correctly :P
took 30 minutes as I was working on getting the speed up.

Offline Vikings1428

• Assistant to The Regional Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: August 30, 2018, 12:17:50 AM »
Nice, love how you did the hair and the hands are awesome. good work!

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: August 30, 2018, 11:46:14 AM »
thanks!

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #890 on: September 01, 2018, 04:09:02 AM »
Great work practicing your rendering! It's getting better every time!

Offline Miska

• View Profile
« Reply #891 on: September 09, 2018, 10:29:49 AM »
Looking at the first page, your art has improved a lot!
170GB references is just... great for well-organized person who knows how to keep them in order  ;D If i had that much, i know i would never find what i'm looking for because my references are a mess (i'm too lazy to sort them out by categories etc). 
Have you ever tried the pose/gesture drawing tool on quickposes? I really like it myself, and the galleries have a lot of great practice references.
I wish i had the motivation to practice and study even half as much as you do. Keep up the great work!  :D

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: September 25, 2018, 08:55:22 PM »
@devola thanks! often my drawings dont make it to the final stage so I don't get to practice my renderings much but I'm hopefully getting over that hurdle.

@Miska thanks! well I've already cut it down to 125GB haha. yeah I have a sort of ordering system and an image tagging program I use 50-50 to organise it and it works so far, but still plenty to sort before it's properly usable haha

I have used quickposes it has been good, along with pose maniacs and all the other reference sites. http://senshistock.com/sketch/# has been good for action poses too if you want to take a look :P

well I'm back, heres a sneak preview of some of my sketches, 'scuse the photo quality :P

Spoiler

^not to scale to each other otherwise thats a huge eraser :P

I did a lot of grinding so there aren't too many actual finished sketches like the ones above, so don't anticipate too much :P
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 08:57:38 PM by suupertramp »

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #893 on: September 25, 2018, 10:14:30 PM »
Good work. Getting the hang of 3/4 view

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: September 26, 2018, 04:30:02 AM »
thanks! thats one of the things I worked on and I managed to get a nice set of guidelines that I can work with for the time being.

another sneak preview:
managed to churn out 107 pages, which was much below my plan of about 300, but well within my acceptable range, as I was actually on holiday with family, not at drawing camp :P

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: September 26, 2018, 07:39:56 AM »
Good Lord son that's still a little much for a family vacation! Good job!

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: September 26, 2018, 12:22:56 PM »
point taken :P
and thanks.

well it was slightly easier than I thought to scan my images as I forgot my printer had a scanner that is 3x faster than my normal old A4 scanner that I use, so it only took 15 minutes of flatbed scanning to get it all done. why didnt i use the document feeder and scan the whole lot in 4 minutes, you ask? well it trimmed 5mm off each edge which took off the date as it was so close to the edge and accurate recording is important to me. OCD at its finest :P

it was also a pain to get the images from imgur without going to each one and copying and pasting. I finally hacked the html with find and replace using notepad++ in a couple of minutes.

all are original sketches without reference, with the exception of the realistic portrait pages, and the skull page.
I hope to finish some of the good ones off in digital and colour.

SPOILER WARNING: hope your scroll wheel is durable :P

Spoiler

I'm also crunching a long term to-do of sorting all my traditional into a proper portfolio (scanning thousands of A4s) and finishing all those drawings I said I would redo in digital :P
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 03:56:57 PM by suupertramp »

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: September 26, 2018, 05:53:03 PM »
And this ladies and gentlebeings is exactly why we installed a spoiler tag.

Dat skull page tho. You could copy past it a few more times and sell it as wallpaper.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: September 28, 2018, 09:09:09 PM »
Holy apocalyptic crapatoa suuper. Beast mode! And all in pen and ink. The last page is my favourite in particular, but the stairs one and the side-view anime heads I fancy as well. All great stuff, really. And most of it from your own noggin? Hax!

And yes, there was scrolling. Lucky for me pressing the middle button lets me autoscroll the page.

And wait you have a document feeder scanner? SHARE! I'm stuck with flatbed hell and it gets tiring after some hours haha.

Glad to see you around suuper! FIGHTO!

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: September 29, 2018, 04:10:48 AM »
@coryn theres a thought :P

@lego thanks!! yeah since I didn't have access to any reference anyway I though it best to work out any problems with the basics, hands feet face and so on, making sure my guidelines are solid.

The document feeder is attached to my printer, as its a printer/photocopier combo. trouble is it clips the written date off the edge as its not a "pro" scanner, so I ended up using the flatbed anyway >_< I timed it and I can do about 400 pages an hour  which isnt so bad but your fingers lose their stick after a while of touching pages haha. I haven't tried using it for over an hour but I can imagine it would be tiring, especially as you can't just leave it, you have to constantly be doing stuff.

got inspired by one of the artists I follow on DA, https://www.deviantart.com/mattiasa, and did a page in "proper" ink. it's scary not being able to sketch at all!!

I'm going to start going through some art books soon, Loomis amongst others. A bunch of cartooning books and some Japanese how-to books as well, so see if I can find my style. I still think how-to books have limited value (some are more reference than teaching and ymmv on the quality), but I plan to find the value that they have.

edit:
halfway through rebooting my routine, got proper jet lag this time :P
have some hair gestures

« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 06:39:59 PM by suupertramp »