March 29, 2024, 04:09:18 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Suuper's Artworks & Illustrations  (Read 307675 times)

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Re: Suuper's manga (+digital and 3D)
« Reply #840 on: August 07, 2018, 07:25:23 PM »
Only time will tell what sticks and what falls
well at least that last piece wasnt a one off.......I did another one. I think it turned out even better......whats happening???!!!!!

took 60 minutes plus whatever the sketch took, like 3 minutes.

this is the old sketch, from one of my many pages of random mediocre-bad sketches. all I actually did was finish it off......

so I'm legitimately confused now......was I seriously missing something that obvious?
I need to go back and grind base skills now. I struggled to add shade skillfully, and overall design is still quite simple. there's always something to do :P plus a bit of wobbly proportions here and there haha
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 07:29:01 PM by suupertramp »
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 07, 2018, 10:32:44 PM »
The ears are...odd, but I do see what you mean about looking even better. Maybe someday I'll put my nose as close to the grindstone, lul.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 08, 2018, 02:06:03 AM »
I wondered about the ears actually, maybe they are too realistic looking for this style?. normally I skimp on the detail so I was a bit unsure when drawing them. or the lobe is a bit funny. Because I sketch too much and don't finalize enough drawings I suddenly realized my lack of visual library all over again :P

I went through my old sketches and found over 100 sketches like the one above that I want to finish. I think that finishing a sketch later once I moved on to the next one never even entered my head, that I would feel better on another day to finish it :P

So I'm hoping to keep that up with rolling my unfinished drawings on into a separate folder which I can go through and find to finish. This is the first time that I have felt that I have a style, albeit more a method rather than a style as each piece will still be rather unique :P
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 08, 2018, 12:03:17 PM »
To me, it's the angle at which they jut out. It looks like when you see the ear more in profile, or like, you're seeing too much of the inside for it to be a front face view. The ear is a weird thing that obscures itself more than that.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 08, 2018, 01:41:46 PM »
ahhh yes now that you mention it I did think the exact same thing. I was partly wondering if that's my style or not though, since when I draw realistically I draw then more flat against the head and hardly visible, but I always draw manga style sticking out. hmmmmmm. nope, they stick out way too much lol.

Offline VOYA

• Voyager
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 08, 2018, 04:47:18 PM »
Yeah it's a habit I used to have to, though in real life some people do have ears that fan out like that, so you can consider that your style choice here :)
Hey there, I am using WhatsA- ... oh

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #846 on: August 09, 2018, 03:54:51 AM »
Mewth. I like cat girl!!! At least you can be sure she won't be a bitch  ;)

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 09, 2018, 03:59:49 AM »
@ovoiumnoir well now that it's been pointed out I'm thinking that I would rather avoid it!
@walterB thanks! yeah she's a real cutie if I do say so myself :P

latest couple of copies

Spoiler

and a nice one that was an older sketch

Now that my production quality has gone up and the images are sharper, I can now see that I have no idea how to shade properly or draw hands to that level, so I'm gonna have to do a crash course in that to keep up with the rest of my skills. That, and as Devola says, backgrounds, and I might be in business :P

Offline VOYA

• Voyager
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: August 09, 2018, 02:48:43 PM »
@ovoiumnoir well now that it's been pointed out I'm thinking that I would rather avoid it!
@walterB thanks! yeah she's a real cutie if I do say so myself :P

latest couple of copies

Spoiler

and a nice one that was an older sketch

Now that my production quality has gone up and the images are sharper, I can now see that I have no idea how to shade properly or draw hands to that level, so I'm gonna have to do a crash course in that to keep up with the rest of my skills. That, and as Devola says, backgrounds, and I might be in business :P

Don't think I've seen clean finished work from yourself ever, apart from the headshot and this, I started to wonder but I always knew you could, it's good to see what level you're at cos now I can keep close track of your progress. Which I think when it comes to that you may progress fastest here based on your sheer volume of drill-work... speaking of which just opened your other spoiler, and it proves my point. Love the eyes and the eye angles, mix the eye styles up a little more I think!

But otherwise it's theraputic seeing the drill sheets, dare I say maybe even a little more than the finished pieces!
gogogogo Super

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: August 09, 2018, 05:29:17 PM »
@oviumnoir many thanks :) true I hardly ever finish my work, partly because I have never felt that I was able to give it the quality that I wanted. I seen to have hit level 1 for finishing artworks now, I have gained quite a bit of confidence. as you say, its just practice and perseverance :P

latest: I hardly ever post WIPs, but this has taken 2 hours so far. a request from a friend. theme: "Young male steampunk revolutionary leader". Sounds random enough ,right?
some colours are placeholders while I outlined the shapes, don't know which ones I will change, though.

had to go through 3 sketch layers to add the detail up.

EDIT: was so excited about the WIP I forgot to post the rest of my work lol

just copies:
Spoiler

my own
Spoiler

and trying our a new hair style. let me know what you think of the hair, or anything for that matter.

For those wondering, I didnt trim this image to make it SFW, thats all I actually drew lol
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 06:26:39 PM by suupertramp »

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: August 09, 2018, 10:44:54 PM »
I don't know man. I kinda like his color palette. Feels very 'of the time' as it were.

The hair looks pretty good! Like it has a real coarse texture to it. There's a lot of detail, which feels like it will all get lost unless it's a close up like this?

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: August 10, 2018, 01:49:04 AM »
well I randomly picked the colours based on that sort of olden feel, but they were still random nonetheless. I can change them at any time so a late re-think won't hurt me, but I do kinda like it. maybe just making them darker or lighter might make the difference.

yes, I also noticed how useless the hair becomes at low zoom, maybe thats an issue I have to solve, or its a limit of this style. we shall see :)
I used one of those dotty brushes that adds lots of lines with one brush stroke. gradually lowered the size when adding shade and highlights. first time ever using that sort of brush, or almost brushes at all for that matter.

Offline VOYA

• Voyager
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: August 10, 2018, 06:10:07 AM »
@oviumnoir many thanks :) true I hardly ever finish my work, partly because I have never felt that I was able to give it the quality that I wanted. I seen to have hit level 1 for finishing artworks now, I have gained quite a bit of confidence. as you say, its just practice and perseverance :P

latest: I hardly ever post WIPs, but this has taken 2 hours so far. a request from a friend. theme: "Young male steampunk revolutionary leader". Sounds random enough ,right?
some colours are placeholders while I outlined the shapes, don't know which ones I will change, though.

had to go through 3 sketch layers to add the detail up.

EDIT: was so excited about the WIP I forgot to post the rest of my work lol

just copies:
Spoiler

my own
Spoiler

and trying our a new hair style. let me know what you think of the hair, or anything for that matter.

For those wondering, I didnt trim this image to make it SFW, thats all I actually drew lol

I agree with Coryn's take. I do love these finished pieces/WIP indeed, love the concept design behind your character and the weaponry, maybe you should consider CD one day, some real nicec clean work from you Suuper. Good to know you're doing what seems to be commission work? Even if non-paid it's good you're getting into the habit. Let us know how this Steampunk kid WIP goes ;)

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 10, 2018, 07:23:18 AM »
Yeah its part of my getting into commissions. I feel unconfident in my ability to produce a range of pieces since I always draw girls with similar clothes, and so I feel not able to do paid comissions, so I'm doing free ones for practice. I'm actually going to go through the old "get your character drawn" thread on MR and do as many as I can for practice. then I might feel confident at selling my skills. I'm hoping to clear this stage near the end of September or October, so setting up prices before the end of 2018.

I wasn't actually sure if it was meant to be a weapon or not, since it lacks a trigger. it was more of a cane that went steam punk, and halfway through drawing it I was kinda like hey this is a cool gun :P
often my best designs of stuff happen when I design something completely unrelated and think, oh hey this looks kinda like a cool gun/building/outfit.

PS OviumNoir did you know you can delete quotes to just the bit you want once you insert it? then you can just quote the picture you are talking about, or respond to just one phrase, without bringing everything up again :) just wondering haha

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 10, 2018, 08:16:35 AM »
Thats some fantastic looking hair, and skin shading. That steampunk characters looks awesome too!!

Facebook       Patreon