March 29, 2024, 01:24:54 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Suuper's Artworks & Illustrations  (Read 307666 times)

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Re: Suuper's suuper drawings
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2012, 04:09:37 AM »
@ryan thanks, ive been putting off studing like muscles and stuff, i know its a good idea but i didnt really want to do it. i will definitly do it sometime, and wish i had done it earlier i bet :P yeah the speed of drawings is what concerns me the most, if you're sure that it will improve my speed then thats a definite must :) oh the video was pretty good, i havnt yet done much 3d drawing like just shapes yet so good call :P

@jamie thanks!
i was actually here a year ago but finally made my way back!
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2012, 05:23:15 PM »
heres a page i reeled off in about 20mins for the whole thing (first time i have drawn in biro for ages)

Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline Zealapeal

• Zealous Artist
  • Anti-Despotist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2012, 07:03:32 PM »
20 minutes... Good God you're fast.

Quality and accuracy looks pretty decent. Facial expressions are nice, definitely tell what they feel. The man with the bat's arms are a little long though for his body-size. Other than that little tid-bit, that 20-minute page is a 20-minute win. Keep it up!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2012, 02:33:16 PM »
thanks!
yeah i see what you mean about the long arms, didnt notice that :P
the only reason i could draw so fast was that i used biro rather than pencil, i felt less bothered because once ive drawn a line, i cant really rub it out, so i just drew with a bit less pressure (mental pressure, not pen pressure). normally that page would have taken an hour to do, so im hoping i can keep the speed up :)
the only reason i know it was 20 mins was that i drew two other pages in the hour space i had, but they werent good enough to upload really, i dont want to spam the forum :P

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2012, 04:08:13 PM »
heres my latest (i seem to be a day behind myself)

originally it was just the girl on the left but it ended up a whole family - dont ask me :P

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2012, 01:48:34 PM »
latest:

i would love it if anyone could help me improve, picking out bits i did wrong or tips to improve!
PS i will make my later images smaller so you dont have to scroll to see the edge!

Offline h_musick

• Lurking...
  • Global Moderator
  • Troll-patrol
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2012, 01:53:00 PM »
Looking good!!! The only thing i can see for sure is that the female body there on the left is alittle out of proportion (spelling?) the legs are alittle short, and the hips maybe give her a pare shape. Your doing really well!!! hope to see more!
http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,8367.0.html

"Artists who seek perfection in everything are those who cannot attain it in anything."
- Gustave Flaubert

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2012, 06:11:31 PM »
I think you have potential. You have dedication which is a trait I admire of any artist, and you have the fire to learn. I'm not usually one to pick out things wrong in a drawing anymore, because I'd rather help the artist develop the skills necessary to evaluate their own work and to see the errors in it.
http://conceptart.org/forums/forum.php this forum should be of help to you, the discussion is very insightful on learning to draw.
errors/tips:
lack of balance in faces.
#15- eyes should be higher up, at about the middle line of the face. If you want to go big anime-style eyes, there should be 3 eyes about 3 eyes distance across the face. In real life, it's about 5 eyes distance.

in case you don't already, think in form, not line. draw the contour(outline of form) only after you have drawn the basic form of things.

draw with reference, but don't copy your reference. when you don't know what something looks like, look it up. one mistake I see beginners make is that they think drawing with reference is "bad."
there are no rules to making art, only tools. You should do what it takes to make great art.

But be careful with how you approach this, some things you do will be bad for your development; for example, color picking when doing digital paintings studies from reference. Ctrl+z will allow you to make mistakes with no consequence and can have negative impacts on an artist who over-use it.
http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?123346-Using-photo-reference-correctly BUT DONT, DON'T BE A SLAVE TO REFERENCE

draw from life. seriously. it's challenging and will improve your observational drawing skills. build up your drawings from life with form, and don't forget to use proportion. and again, conceptart.org is going to be very helpful with showing you how to learn to draw from life. http://www.ctrlpaint.com/form-not-shape/ focus on form, and that will improve your ability to draw from imagination.

find a goal for yourself. I don't really know what direction you want to push your work. do you want to keep doing manga-style, or do you want to go more realistic? Would you like to do both? The reason I ask this is because there is different advice for either boats. Though, it's my educated opinion that practicing realism improves your stylized work. Because when you study realism, you understand why things are stylized the way they are. Don't avoid realism because you think it's "hard." First of all, yes, it's going to be hard. But that difficulty is what makes that process so worthwhile.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2012, 02:29:31 AM »
thanks for your informative comment, ryan.
well i think i would like to move to a sleightly more realistic style, but i am aiming for something like cover art on the mangas, like the much higher quality than the ones inside cos its more important. really i just want to be able to understand the form of objects like you said, so i can draw them fom memory or imagination.
i have college to go to now, i'll check the links you posed later!
EDIT: i checked them out, found quite a bit useful, thanks!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 05:33:36 PM by suupertramp »

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2012, 05:39:17 PM »
latest page i drew at college, was planning to do some gesture poses thingys, but i forgot.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2012, 07:14:12 PM »
Glad to see you back in action suuper

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2012, 09:29:57 AM »
@lego thanks, well ive been drawing all the time but i just couldnt find the time to get back to the site

heres some of yesterdays work, im working on doing more computer work soon, so gonna try colouring in some of my good drawings if i can find any :P

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2012, 08:40:11 AM »
some more, im starting to get a bit more detailed on hair athough i mucked up the big picture quite a bit
got some colouring pencils finally did a little test on them, didnt scan in too well, i will probably just use the PC to colour in the future.

P4

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2012, 02:24:49 PM »
user retired
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 11:42:49 PM by P4 »

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2012, 03:26:56 PM »
i was kind of randomly picking colours, but yeah i wasn't too happy with how they turned out. needed a larger colour range to choose from would have been better.