November 14, 2018, 01:38:23 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Suuper's manga (+digital and 3D)  (Read 51709 times)

Offline suuper-san

• Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Re: Suuper's manga (+digital and 3D)
« Reply #945 on: November 03, 2018, 10:15:14 AM »
@manimal thanks! Yeah I struggle with coming up with anything original or interesting so I often fall back on drawing the same sort of thing all the time. After my 1000 stick figures I might be a bit better, as often a good pose will give me ideas for the character, rather than the other way round.
Fan art is a good backup plan as I can practice drawing details without having to tax my brain to come up with them :P

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: November 03, 2018, 03:11:13 PM »
Fanart is always a good back-up plan. 8)

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #947 on: November 05, 2018, 12:39:20 PM »
yup :P

did some figures, still behind Lego though haha. 119 so far. I'm so used to working on slightly larger than A4 digitally so I can't shrink them down like I used to :P

My internet is being a pain so I could only manage to upload one page though lol. I'm marking each page with the count instead of each individual one, as I feel I will mess that up spectacularly :P

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: November 05, 2018, 12:57:00 PM »
Internet can be a son of a gun.

I should probably stop counting each and every one as well. Just leave the number on a corner too haha. Seems cleaner that way.

These figures with lot's of joints work all the better when constructing them. There's a pretty legit How to Draw Anime book out there that uses these figures, and they turn out pretty well. I need to dig it up again.

Are you going to do your watch studies any time soon?

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #949 on: November 05, 2018, 04:02:11 PM »
Yeah I was uploading something else large at the same time and that normally ruins my internet experience :P
probably won't be doing any watches soon I think.
actually I'm not sure at all what I'm doing things have been so hectic with me being ill and then doing coding :P

here's the rest :)

Spoiler

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: November 05, 2018, 04:17:37 PM »
You juggling all of this even while sick is impossibru. That's mangaka level dedication. Really liking the figures, theyre exponentially get better. Second to last is my favourite batch, but all of them have a really nice 'feel' to them rather than just random twisting of limbs and the like. I can imagine faces being added there. Nice back-of-head views as well!

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #951 on: November 05, 2018, 04:34:26 PM »
It's nothing severe just coughing all over the place lol
I can't say if the page order was the order I drew them in or not (thanks to Imgur), but I tried alternating between ballpoint and fineliner and found there was almost no difference in feel, but the fineliner felt slightly more definite, I suppose, because it is.
Yeah random twisting of the limbs was what I fell back to on quite a few of the pages lol
I did start to get a feel for what felt balanced after a while, especially on the knees and elbows. I bend them way too much normally, or have them too straight to feel natural.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: November 05, 2018, 05:03:25 PM »
Yeah, I was going to say that there are a lot of sharp, straight lines going on. Sometimes it looks good to do that, but it can be limiting. One of the things that got me in figure drawing was to not just look at it as "where" things go, but also "how" they go. Direction, movement, and weight can be implied even in stick figures with impossibly small, subtle curves. Stick figures are crazy, man.

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #953 on: November 05, 2018, 05:19:35 PM »
yeah it's that subtleness that I'm starting to notice. normally to me, an arm is just straight or bent, but you've got almost-straight and stuff that totally give the figure a different feel with very minimal changes.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: November 05, 2018, 06:07:58 PM »
Well, because of bones, muscles, and depth, limbs are never really "straight", are they?

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #955 on: November 06, 2018, 11:11:53 AM »
It's all about the curves. But they look good and solid now

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #956 on: November 07, 2018, 07:17:14 AM »
@mahlua yeah I sort of forgot about actual bone/body shape etc when drawing guidelines and just figured that I can simplify now and fix it later. turns out that's only half right, if you simplify too much it's almost impossible to fix @_@

@keanfox yeah curves can be very complex shapes and you think you've got it but then you realise that there's an extra curve inside the curve and its all egg shaped and all hell breaks loose :P

I'm sort of burning out, maybe because of losing my routine from my cold that I caught, so I'm taking a micro break from MR to rebalance myself. Probably no more than two weeks, and I'll probably still be posting here and here. But limiting myself more. I've sort of lost sight of my goals temporarily and so my art is coming out really bad.

hows this for quality degradation left to right. I admit I was tired but I haven't seen one of these pages for a while.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 07:35:22 AM by suupertramp »

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: November 07, 2018, 07:41:29 AM »
Nuuuuuu Suuper!

Burn out or not... *inhales*

NEKOMIMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

It's strange how I feel I've seen that scribble pattern before for when I've been feeling out of it. I've also hit a slump of sorts but hope to power through it today. I cleaned my room and that helped a tiny little bit. Hint hint? I imagine your room is super clean though.

Either way rest up and take care of yourself. Till next time-ish (Not that I'm holding you to exactly 2 weeks. Feel free to drop something if you manage to pull out of it.)

How goes your booklet so far?

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #958 on: November 07, 2018, 08:21:58 AM »
I'm on V2 of the booklet but it's hopelessly empty/gappy. Almost everything is placeholders and I've written tons of notes in it for the next version. Mostly it's text ideas at the moment but it's surprisingly useful nonetheless.
like I split up poses into standing,sitting,lying,action,fighting, and then I try and put sub groups and stuff. Same with hair, expressions, clothes, and stuff. It's a useful reminder so I don't become too one-track minded. It's great for when my brain is empty of inspiration (and when completed will be more reliably useful). I might post it on the next version.

I too love nekomini. watching Dog Days at the moment and inumini is also acceptable.

my room is "normally" clean and tidy, but when I'm out of it, I'm OUT of it. so maybe a tidy is in order :P

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: November 09, 2018, 02:48:07 PM »
I feel you on the cold man. I just got over a sore throat and still have some congestion problems. Seems to be going around. I'll probably be good to go in a couple more days though.