June 22, 2018, 04:29:48 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Suuper's manga (+digital and 3D)  (Read 41019 times)

Offline The SlamJam

• Artist
  • Does the censor work here? *censored*, *censored*? Ok?
    • View Profile
Re: Suuper's manga (+digital and 3D)
« Reply #750 on: June 05, 2018, 05:09:10 PM »
Great work Super! :) I like the tennis one the most.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: June 06, 2018, 06:03:23 AM »
Samn suuper I just love your ability to draw kawaii chicks. Like the tennis one too but the dress below and laptop girl are the waifus of my heart. In 25 minutes too? Haha good stuff man. I wish I were that fast.

You have a nice ability to show character emotion through posture too

Offline eukocar

• its not perverted its art!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: June 06, 2018, 09:59:08 AM »
All of this in 25 min :o. Amazing job i hope that i can archive this kind of speed one day.

Offline suuperbean

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: June 06, 2018, 11:33:39 AM »
@jamie, lego
thanks guys. I like the star T-shirt one myself.

@eukocar thanks, haha well speed isnt everything (despite that's what I always say) I suffer on quality quite heavily :P

Offline Walter B

• The Red Tie Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: June 07, 2018, 03:47:32 PM »
Wow. Thats real fast.

Killua's Godspeed couldn't match it  :clapping: :clapping:

Facebook       Patreon 

Offline suuperbean

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: June 12, 2018, 06:36:20 AM »
@walterB lol thanks :)

latest: normally i dont post my gesture drawings but they looked a tad cool today. some face copies and a bunch of poses which ended up being identical :P
I changed my brush size from 8 to 20 and added a texture to try and get away from details. not sure if it just made everything worse or not:/

^these clothes were randomly picked from a fashion magazine I had so no credit for those :P

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: June 12, 2018, 12:02:25 PM »
Ay man, fashion magazines are one of the greatest ways to get gud at clothing. Maybe we could all benefit from actually drawing form it like you :push:

Offline suuperbean

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: June 12, 2018, 02:16:36 PM »
@mahlua I think the trouble is sometimes we religiously collect "reference", be it clothes, poses etc. but never actually get around to using it in our artworks. I'm starting to loosen up on that front now and just go for it.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: June 12, 2018, 06:45:15 PM »
You're preaching to the choir in quite a painful way man. Dude the thousands of images I had in my computer one time. I just deleted them all. So many anime screenshots and stuff I had plans for haha. It's even worse with my art books and tutorials. At one time I did them as I watched/read them but when the gathering began it became quite a problem.

Love the stuff here for sure. Top right and top left of the 3rd picture is my favourite.

Offline suuperbean

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: June 13, 2018, 04:38:35 PM »
@lego I remember you mentioned before about your reference collection. I too have thousands of animes screenshots and reference books,pdfs,videos that I have collected over the years. Always planning to go through them but never quite making it :P
while the planner style personality has a bunch of benefits, there is a limit!

Latest: went traditional and realised the pain of getting used to a fat digital tablet pen makes you useless with using a normal ballpoint pen.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 04:46:34 PM by suuperB »

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: June 13, 2018, 06:16:00 PM »
Kawaii desu neeeee. Really love the expressions. I seriously need to learn to draw gals like that...

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #761 on: June 15, 2018, 06:23:48 AM »
Looking at your sketches improve over time is really inspiring. Your diligence really seems to be paying off! Are you planning on continuing with more studies or are there any projects you want to apply all this practice towards?

Offline Walter B

• The Red Tie Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: June 15, 2018, 10:22:52 AM »
I also had a really cool reference collection of action images (mostly from berserk) but had problems with the computer. I find that it is really important to sort them properly in different categories the moment you save them because otherwise it later becomes way to difficult to find something you need.

Facebook       Patreon 

Offline suuperbean

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: June 15, 2018, 12:21:02 PM »
@lego everything is curves when it comes to cuteness

@devola thanks haha well i enjoy doing studies so I often forget my main purpose. I would love to have a serial manga or make graphics for all the games I half-make :P

@walterB yeah I'm currently sorting my photos into categories like textures,buildings,landscapes,props etc. Its quite fun but very laborious :P

Latest: starting at the beginning to work out what makes my guidelines wrong

What I learned/think so far:
(mostly obvious but I think its important to keep in mind)
(some might also be plain wrong because I am talking off the top of my head)

-guidelines are the most important - if you mess those up you wont get a good drawing no matter how good your inking is.
-you should spend the most time drawing the guidelines as they are the most important
-once your guidelines are in place, everything else should be easy. If you struggle inking/oversketching, then your guidelines are not good enough
-guidelines are simply tools to help you draw the picture you want. they can be as abstract as numerical notations or as precise as a practically finished picture. whatever it takes to get the picture you want, draw it. (for some people this includes tracing but I'm not going into politics here)
-if you cant draw what you have in mind, chances are guidelines wont help much (but they will be better than nothing)
-just because you are "sketching", it doesn't have to be fast. A slowly drawn good line is better than 10 badly drawn quick ones. I often draw the circle guideline for my faces very quickly, and get a random 1 of 6 possible shapes which probably isn't a circle.
-in contrast to the above, taking your time is pointless if you don't know what you are aiming at
-just as Microsoft Word keeps checking your text for spelling mistakes, you have to KEEP checking your lines. you want to treat your sketch as if its a life-drawing (you constantly keep looking up at what you are copying), constantly checking against your imagination to make sure you are putting down what you want.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: June 15, 2018, 05:53:51 PM »
Hard agree on all of that, mate. I struggle with getting my guidelines down, and when I work digitally, it can take up to eight layers before I finally have something worth working with for lineart. I used to think I was just being excessive and bad, but I honestly think it's more helpful to go through that process of messing up and readjusting until you have something right. It's how the brain learns. Like it or not, art is a learning process.