August 18, 2019, 02:08:36 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Suuper's manga (+digital and 3D)  (Read 79489 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Suuper's manga (+digital and 3D)
« Reply #1065 on: December 16, 2018, 07:03:06 PM »
Variety's a really useful thing when you want to expand more. Second row first to the left is my favourite along with bottom left.

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: December 17, 2018, 12:50:09 PM »
Those are some varied expressions alright!

Facebook       Patreon

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: December 17, 2018, 06:14:17 PM »
@lego yep it helps to find out ones strengths and weaknesses quite quickly.

@walterB thanks :)

Latest again
251/1000 faces. I'm only counting the pages where "faces" is the theme or objective, as a face here and there doesnt really count towards gaining any skill in that area methinks

Spoiler

« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 10:09:13 AM by suuper-san »
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: December 18, 2018, 05:04:55 PM »
some manga face copes. I'm not counting copies toward my total 1000 either.

Spoiler

got another grand idea for a few one-shot mangas, using other artists styles. Sort of a copy-a-lot-to-steal-the-style sort of thing. watch this space as always.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 05:08:52 PM by suuper-san »
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: December 18, 2018, 05:08:38 PM »
Damn you're brutal haha. There's a lot of stuff that I shouldn't count in my regimens but I let it slide because I'm lazy. Who were your references?

I really want to draw more manga style now like unforgivingly manga. Reading some stuff I got recommended and slowly getting in the mood.

On your latest counted faces: Your 'looking up, looking down' angling is getting better every moment I see, and your hair is really wrapping around the form of the head well. 251 dude, you're 1/4 there! At pessimistic estimations you'll be done beginning March or thereabouts at this rate. 1,000 faces just like that haha.

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: December 18, 2018, 05:14:31 PM »
yeah I find copying relatively easy and almost mindless so there's a risk I might start to rely on it to get the 1000 and not use my brain to construct my own stuff and make my own mistakes.

from what I remember, references were from
Hayate no Gotoku
Yuru Yuri
Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko
....and others
I'm loosely sorting pages with good references into Clothes/Effects/Faces etc but that's obviously slow going. Also way too many mangas not in my references that I want, just takes too much time.

yeah the pace has been slow so far but I'm hoping to gun it and finish by the end of the year tbh. I've hardly done any faces because of my huge time investment into WIPs to crack the ice, but now that's cooling off into a routine I hope to have a more balanced art output again. I've hardly done any studies in the last 2 months given my high output, normally I do loads of copies and not much originals, so I'm a tad short on inspiration.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: December 18, 2018, 05:18:55 PM »
Noiice. Might join you in that rush. After Christmas my only plan for craziness is New Years so I can imagine myself throwing myself into drawing for fun.

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: December 18, 2018, 05:23:47 PM »
yup the holiday is giving me a lot of free time that I don't plan on wasting. forget new years resolutions, I've got pre new years resolutions.
go for it!

Edit:

Started to panic that i wouldnt finish so did some more faces XD
+65
First page was done left handed just to keep it from getting rusty. Holding the tiny S-Pen is really difficult normally let alone with your non-dominant hand lol
Also tried out a new sketch style for the hair on the last page, would love to know what you all think of it!

Spoiler

« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 06:46:34 PM by suuper-san »

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: December 19, 2018, 10:49:34 AM »
Damn I forgot you could draw with your left hand. Hax!

Last page looks dope. Hair looks more details, lines more confident (this is me saying this as a total plebian when it comes to line discipline). Expressions somehow also looked more lively.

Also damn that's a lot in one chunk. Referenced again? (Because no overall count) 

Fav is curly-haired girl on the second page. 3rd Row last column.

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: December 19, 2018, 11:06:27 AM »
well apparently I forgot for a whole year as well lol
I definitely warmed up after a whole page but I didn't want to spend too much time syncing my coordination skills haha
also my left hand and arm was hurting from gripping too hard @_@

the last page's theme was "open mouths", because I keep forgetting to do that. no idea why they look more confident though, maybe because I was more tired by then I was a bit looser :P
glad you like the hair. It was sort of a mini-breakthrough with that style, as I normally try and make the ends join up into typical pointed anime hair, but when I ink I never follow those sketchy hair lines anyway, so I wanted something that looked better as a sketch style only. Definitely will try and develop.

normally you would be right, but nope, they're originals drawn on my Samsung tablet. it was late so I didn't have access to my PC to tally it up, and forgot I could have grabbed the total from a previous post, so 316/1000
If they were copies, I probably wouldn't have even bothered counting until I tallied up the month for my RPG thing XD

edit: have some chibis. started off as a secret project, but after one page of designs, I'm not even sure what the project was to begin with.....
well I wanted to make a keyring with a cute character design on it, but I'm not sure I liked the chibi style so I'm just going to make random dice or something.

also, so much for reducing my WIPs....
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 12:00:47 PM by suuper-san »

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: December 19, 2018, 01:04:18 PM »
Your chibis look cute! I like the first one from the second row. Cool spiky hair!

Facebook       Patreon

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: December 19, 2018, 02:43:43 PM »
@WalterB thanks! thats's one of the few males that I drew!

have some coloured pieces. I sorted through some of this months linearts to give me something to actually colour, as I was very low on lineart WIPs.
almost a different shading style on each one. started to not be so serious about my art FINALLY. it's helping to churn them out without being too unhappy about the quality. especially since a lot are older artworks that aren't even my current skill, I'm just finishing them to feel better about myself.

Spoiler

meh

« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 02:45:43 PM by suuper-san »

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: December 19, 2018, 02:57:18 PM »
Damn the first piece alone really jumped out at me suuper. She is kawaii for days. The colors work and I really like the hatching.

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: December 19, 2018, 03:02:36 PM »
thanks!
that was one of my better pieces that I just never coloured. it's great to finally catch up and get them done.

I'm also thinking of posting more on DeviantArt to build up a bit of a following. I've really only been posting my best work but  I think that creates an idea that I am that level all the time, which I am totally not. Better to not give a false impression of myself to avoid any problems in the future methinks.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: December 19, 2018, 03:09:45 PM »
Didn't comment on earlier point but haha glad to see you taking in that aspect of drawing. Letting loose is important sometimes. If you can pull it off to give yourself motivation then doooo eet.

And totally. Join Groups and try to participate in them a bit. Also found a nice place in reddit in anime based subreddits. Fanart is a good way to get into the community