December 13, 2018, 08:14:55 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Guardian Deity 3D Development  (Read 3716 times)

Offline SaiHawkeye

• Producer-san
    • View Profile
Guardian Deity 3D Development
« on: May 04, 2011, 08:19:37 PM »
In this thread I will occasionally be posting progress of the 3D art in Guardian Deity. Progress might seem slow at first but you will be able to see the game come together over time.

The two images I have right now were mostly to test if I could make a building in the modeling program Blender and use it in the game engine Unity. So far it turned out to be a success. Now that I know the software works flawlessly with one another I can begin working on the town's actual terrain.

The city is currently planned to be an old but growing fishing town in Okinawa, Japan. There is a nice beach on the edge of town but small fishing boats can be seen so it isn't a popular hang-out spot unless the weather is really nice. The town is beginning to grow by industrializing with new manufacturing plants and the people of the town are hopeful for the future.

Here are the demos. I'm not sure if the Mac version works though. There is no exit method so I recommend running it in windowed mode so you can exit out. All it is so far is the model running around a flat area with 1 building.

For Windows: http://saihawkeye.com/Guardian%20Deity.rar
For Mac: http://saihawkeye.com/Guardian%20Deity.app.rar
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 08:39:20 PM by SaiHawkeye »
I'm back~~~

Offline Keyjolfsson

• View Profile
Re: Guardian Deity 3D Development
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 09:33:54 PM »
YAY first any way i totally plaid it on my mac cus its awesome :)
Your mind is like a parachute, works best when open.

Offline [aero]

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 09:39:43 PM »
very cool, gave you some feedback in skype =P

Offline bandara

• apple is the devil fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 09:47:41 PM »
it is awesome!! i played it on window 7 :)

Offline SaiHawkeye

• Producer-san
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 10:15:40 PM »
The feedback really does help and I appreciate it. Knowing that it works just fine on both Mac and Windows is great news so far.

The camera is still very unstable since I haven't set its parameters yet. Making sure the camera doesn't clip requires quite a bit of work and I'll be working on that issue throughout development.

What part of the building is bugged? The only one I can find is the outside of the stool. If you jump on it you can clip on the edge.
I'm back~~~

Offline [aero]

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 10:16:55 PM »
the wall for the left side of the entrance of the building

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 10:19:13 PM »
downloading demo. though you're third in line behind calc and english paper but i'll give it a shot once i'm through with them at like three this morning.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline [aero]

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 10:21:24 PM »
theres nothing to do, just walk around a building so if your taking a break no worries there

Offline SaiHawkeye

• Producer-san
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 10:57:57 PM »
Yea it was just a test to see what operating systems could run it and to spot problems in the model. I will be using the base techniques for the rest of the buildings in the game. You can run from one edge to the other if you want to see how large the city is going to be but I wouldn't recommend it.

I will be adding hills, a river, and an ocean to the map next and then will litter the streets with buildings and roads. =)
I'm back~~~

Offline SaiHawkeye

• Producer-san
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 11:16:29 PM »
Oh woooooow! I just realized I lost all of the models I was just working on an hour ago because my computer crashed. =_=

Luckily they were mostly small objects like gates, rolled up garden hoses, and street lights.

Excuse me while I go rage.
I'm back~~~

Offline [aero]

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 11:19:35 PM »
Been three done that

Riff raff streat rat

Offline Monsterful

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 11:34:47 PM »
It's looking good! I'll be sure to test it out, for at least later versions since you seen to have gotten some feedback already for what you have so far.

Oh and don't worry about the crashing, happens to all of us. Just hit the save shortcut like mad!

Offline SaiHawkeye

• Producer-san
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2011, 12:08:34 AM »
I wish I had saved but I went out to get food thinking "It should be alright." Boy, was I wrong. xD

I rebuilt both versions and am in the process of uploading them right now. The uploads should be finished in about 10 minutes and the links are the same.

A problem came up in that the lighting doesn't work like it should. If you run all the way to the end of the houses you will notice a sudden sharp line where it is light on one side and dark on the other side. I've tried moving the light to find no success. For some reason it seems that one side of the terrain map is upside-down. Go figure, eh? I also tried to place buildings only to realize that the heightmap needs to be adjusted first... =_=
I'm back~~~

Offline SaiHawkeye

• Producer-san
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2011, 03:06:57 AM »
I'm preparing to do some scripting practice by making a very basic 2D fighter. This project will eventually grow to a full-blown fighter that I will be working on after the Guardian Deity RPG.

This was a test to see how the engine handles tiling and texture scaling. You'll notice some weird line effects on the arena floor. Even worse, the arena dirt on the other side of the camera spawn point has very bad texturing. I can't figure out what happened to part of the dirt.

Windows: http://saihawkeye.com/GDFighter.zip

Mac: http://saihawkeye.com/GDFighterMac.zip

Edit: I just realized that if you set the graphics quality to high, the strange effects don't happen because the engine renders the textures correctly. The dirt still messes up on the 2nd arena though.

Another note: Run it in windowed mode so you can exit.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 03:09:09 AM by SaiHawkeye »
I'm back~~~

Offline yulemaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has nice snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2011, 04:30:46 AM »
Ah, interesting. I think i'll like the way it's going. It's a pity i couldn't practice some kicks and monkey wrench smashes, you know? XD

Strange thing though, the dirt texture further out becomes really good, maybe it's being intefered with somehow by the arenas, but aren't they ( the arena's) separate from the surface itself?  don't really see how that could happen... but oh well.