October 15, 2018, 07:49:37 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Sai, Photoshop, Manga studio: what program do you use?  (Read 14842 times)

Offline MK

• Super Critic
    • View Profile
Re: Sai, Photoshop, Manga studio: what program do you use?
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2015, 01:53:26 PM »
I find that the pentool for illustrator is good for line art but Manga Studio has more of a "drawn" kind of look

Offline DAWM

• Draw Along With Me
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2015, 02:05:38 PM »
I find that the pentool for illustrator is good for line art but Manga Studio has more of a "drawn" kind of look

Totally agree, line art I would use MS. Illustrator is the best for total vector drawings though. Really graphic stuff with no line art. I barely even use the pen tool actually, I like the blob tool, works so well with a tablet!~

Offline Miska

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2015, 02:51:25 AM »
I use sai and photoshop. I only draw in sai. Photoshop is just for color editing and blurring. PS doesn't have brushes that can blend while painting, and I need that.

What version of PS do you have? Photoshop CC has mixer brush tool, which does blend while painting.
---
I'm using SAI when sketching digitally, because it's a light program so i can work on bigger resolution without lag. For inking and coloring, Manga Studio works best for me  :D And it's a must for drawing full pages, since i can't draw tones by myself  ::)

Offline 3rd Rate Hikikomori

• I am nothing but a 3rd rate hikikomori
  • I am nothing but a 3rd rate hikikomori
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2015, 08:41:59 PM »
For Illustrating/Digital Art . . . I use SAI and photoshop combo. I've been using SAI since the very moment I started doing digital art so It's my comfort zone so it's hard for me to change the software I've been used to.

I tried using Manga Studio and Clip Studio Paint but I gave up since I don't understand the interface.