April 19, 2024, 12:16:52 AM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: The Dirty Laundry of MR  (Read 11988 times)

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dirty Laundry of MR
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2011, 04:47:15 PM »
and part three! thought this would wrap it up but i decided to split what was left up so one more part coming eventually.

ONE OF THOSE REVALATION THINGIES

A few weeks on everyone was wrapping up another successful filming. Sai came into the studio as he closed his phone. “Alright people I just got some orders from the top. We have to pick a head anchor. Whoever we pick gets a pay raise.” Both Coryn and Doodle redirected their attention to Sai and spoke in unison. “Dibs!”

“Don’t think that’s going that’s going to cut it. The two of you have to reach a consensus over it and then the rest of us have to approve it. So sayith the Adims.” Both of the anchor’s eyes turned to stars and they slowly rotated towards each other. After a moment’s pause Doodled reached under the news desk and whipped out a wooden sword. She jumped up from her chair and oriented her blade into a downwards stabbing position.
“THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!!!!!!” Coryn jumped out of the way just as his chair exploded. Landing on his feet he slid back several feet and bumped into a stack of boxes. “That’s the way it’s gonna be huh?” He stabbed his hand into one of the boxes and pulled out his own wooden sword. “Don’t think you’re the only one who stashes weapons around the workplace!” The two began a combat that took them all across the studio.

While this was happening however the rest of the crew was conversing who would do a better job with the position. Aero looked the both of them over. “Well Coryn does have seniority. But Doodle has…well…she adds…a certain female…” Toasty cut in. “Boobs. Yes.”

“Yeah…Those...” Sai added his own two cents as well. “Studies have shown that a female element in news programs causes a significantly higher viewer rate.” Kite watched the fight wide eyed. “In Denmark we’ve got this one channel where the anchors undress while doing the news.” All eyes turned to Kite who was still enthralled in the battle. “Just think of it as a suggestion.” Sai pushed up his glasses. “Moving right along I think whoever wins should take the position.” The other three nodded in agreement.

Doodle and Coryn clashed swords and landed on the desk. They continued bearing in on each other until they were in each other’s faces. However the entire room began to shake violently and both were sent to the floor. Doodle grabbed a hold of the desk and pulled herself up to her knees. “What the hell was that?!” Coryn did the same but as he did his phone started beeping loudly. Pulling it out he flipped it open and studied the screen. “Well that’s odd. Sensors indicate spam ninja activity right below us. But we’re in the middle of the city. How’d they penetrate this far?” The room shook again and Coryn’s phone began to beep at an even faster rate. It continued to speed up until the phone exploded in his hand. Aero peered around the camera he was supporting himself on and looked at the phone’s charred remains. “That can’t be a good thing.”

“Most unlikely yes.”

Coryn got all the way back up and walked over to the green screen. Grabbing a hold of it his tore it down in one swift motion, revealing a huge wall safe behind it. The jaws of the three non-mods dropped, having had no idea the safe was there. Doodle looked over at them questionably. “What? Did you think we hadn’t prepared a contingency for things like this?” Coryn entered a code onto the safe’s small keypad. Stepping out of the way the door suddenly swung open in front of Coryn. Inside was revealed to be a huge room of all weapons imaginable. While the others were looking on in awe Toasty stuck his head out the door that lead into the hallway, which also happened to be situation right next to the safe. “Um…Guys. I couldn’t help but notice that this safe breaks science, considering there isn’t anything on the other side of this wall!” Coryn sighed and explained as if it were obvious. “The safe is a pocket dimension I linked to the wall. How the hell did you think we brought 2 months worth of food in three packs?” Coryn grabbed a Barrett .50 Cal Sniper Rifle and tossed it over to him. “You trained with that thing right?”

“In a manner of speaking. I didn’t turn out that well actually.”

“All the reason you should use this as an opportunity to practice.” Coryn grabbed a katana and slid it into his belt as well as slinging two AK-47s over his back. Sar grabbed a number of pistols while doodle took only her pencil. Aero hefted a up a chain gun and slid the heavy leather strap around his neck. “Just so we’re clear. I’m not compensating.”

“Duly noted. Now where’s Kite? At that moment Kite emerged from behind some shelving completed covered with explosives ranging from dynamite to C4. He extended both arms and flipped open a matching pair of Zippo lighters. “Let’s do this.” The other raiders agreed with nods and smiles. Quickly departing the room they walked down the hallway until reaching an elevator. They climbed in and the Mods went over the game plan with Coryn starting. “So as you all know spam ninjas are small and tough, but they aren’t immortal.” Doodle continued. “Whatever you do don’t click their links and aim for the center of mass. Or the head if you’re feeling lucky.” Sai pushed up his glasses. “As long as we’re done quickly. I’ve got a pot of Pho going that I’ll need to check soon.” The elevator reached basement level 7 and the doors slid open. All of the raider’s eyes widened as Toasty let out a quite but audible whine of “Oh son of a…”

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Tostificer

• Lord Conqueror Toast
  • Bigger they come, harder they fall
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2011, 05:14:27 PM »
I think the last 'quite' should be quiet. Oh son of a...

Nice Coryn, thanks for giving me a Barett 50. Cal! But whaddaya mean, it didn't turn out well? In Black Pine H, I totally kicked ass with that thing!
Bros with Legomaestro since 2010. I think.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2011, 05:59:18 PM »
fufufu. it's a reference inside of a reference! yes you kicked ass but why would it not have turned out so well? re-read the last chapter of black pine H for your answer.

Offline Tostificer

• Lord Conqueror Toast
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2011, 06:07:02 PM »
Will do, I don't really remember what happened. I forget.

Offline h_musick

• Lurking...
  • Global Moderator
  • Troll-patrol
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2011, 06:09:38 PM »
lol this is great!you really should make more of these in your spare time after the last one. It's like a whole world where i would actually have friends... lol
http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,8367.0.html

"Artists who seek perfection in everything are those who cannot attain it in anything."
- Gustave Flaubert

Offline [aero]

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2011, 06:25:23 PM »
heheh this is getting exponentially more interesting XD

dawood

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2011, 06:38:31 PM »
very good.. can't wait for the next chapter!

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2011, 05:41:16 PM »
And i have for your reading enjoyment the final chapter of this little side project of mine.  its been a bit of delay but i was looking to write a very musical battle scene if you will and i think now i was able to do that thanks to Murray Gold and the 11th Doctor. for those who don't know what i'm talking about just have a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emy8E3ZtvVM

and now please enjoy.

AND THAT’S THE WAY IT WAS

The massive room was full of what looked like large metallic eggs that were connected by an extensive route system. Blue images were rising up the eggs starting at the bottom and dissipating towards the top. Upon closer inspection they were actually strings of html code. Edging their way out of the elevator the raiders dispersed among the eggs and started to inspect them. Kite poked one and then sniffed it. “Can we scramble them?” Coryn continued through the room, carefully avoiding the glowing blue roots. “You wouldn’t want to. Not unless you want to get a spam infection from the inside out.” Aero carefully eyed one of the eggs. “So these things are spam ninjas?”

“Yeah. This is how they’re born. Grown from eggs and infused with all the knowledge they need to wreak havoc. Hence the html.” Toasty poked one of the eggs. “How’d they all get here?” Doodle responded. “Looks like they’ve been around here for a while now. Could be remnants of the first great forum update. There were quite a few attacks directly afterwards when the site was still vulnerable.”

“Why haven’t they activated then?”

“They require a certain amount of energy to hatch. And this building has always had issues connecting with the main grid due to the older code used in construction.” Coryn interjected. “Which probably means that when the first team came in, they emitted enough excess energy to awaken enough of them to cause a problem.” Sai cut in. “So has anyone else but me realized what that means for us right now?”

“Yep. We’re *censored*ed.” As soon as the words had left Coryn’s mouth the code on the eggs dissipated completely and the glowing of the roots stopped as well. All around the room the eggs began to crack open and blue light shown through. More and more cracks opened up but none of the eggs were completely breached. The cracking stopped and all was silent. Suddenly however a spam ninja burst forth from an egg behind Coryn. It swung its sword at him but nearly instantaneously had Coryn drawn his sword, spun around, and cut the ninja clean in half. The two halves of the ninja fell to the ground and all of the others eggs simultaneously burst open with spam ninjas wielding different weapons. Coryn screamed out the other raiders before being consumed in a mass of the cretins. “NOBODY DIE! THAT’S AN ORDER!”

The other raiders were left with no other options but to fight for their lives. As Aero’s chain gun began to speed up, Doodle swung wide with her pencil into a swarm of spam ninjas. They flew past Toasty as he performed what seemed like a ballet of death, maneuvering around like a dancer he would use the recoil from his rifle to redirect himself. Sai drew both pistols and gave pin point cover fire for the other Raiders, blasting any ninja who got within five feet of any of them. Kite tossed two lit sticks of dynamite into the swarming spam ninja’s, moments later two massive explosion lit up the dark room and sent body parts everywhere. Once the explosion had died down her ran straight into the pack, slapping C4 charges onto ninjas as he ran past them. When he had made it to the far side of the room Kite spun around and whipped out the detonator. Hitting the button, Kite sent up a glorious explosion that reached up the very ceiling.

Back towards the room’s center a foot burst through from underneath a pile of burnt spam ninja corpses. Coryn bashed away more of them with one of his Kalashnikovs and quickly surveyed the room. Seeing that both of his clips were dry he dropped his rifles to the ground and drew the sword from his waist. Slinging the sheath into the swarm his successfully smashed in the head of one spam ninja before dashing at them with the katana out to his side and ready to strike.

Near the elevator Toasty and Doodle were working in tandem with each other. Constantly working in reverse Doodle would take out anything at close range wile Toasty was sniping to great effect. When each of them spotted a rush on their opposite sides Doodle dived over the top of the rifle’s long barrel as Toasty shifted his aim to the left. Once both were repositioned Toasty performed a triple head shot while Doodle wiped out five of the ninjas with a single swing.

Not far away Sai and Aero fought back to back against the hoard. Both were slowly running low on ammo however but until them neither were about to quite firing. Moments later however Aero’s chain gun went dead with a resounding click. He hurled the now useless piece of weaponry at the ninjas and managed to crush two of them. Sai reloaded both of his weapons with the last of his ammunition and tossed one of the pistols to Aero. The clips were quickly spent however and the two Raiders found themselves with no way to defend themselves. It was in this moment however that Aero noticed Kite rolling out a long length of detonation cable along the floor, ducking and dodging spam ninja attacks as he did. The others soon got the hint as well and reconvened back at the elevator. They quickly discovered however that the elevator had been damaged in the battle and was completely out of commission. Seeing this Toasty popped open the emergency hatch on the elevator ceiling and climbed up onto the roof with the rest of the Raider team on his heels. Kite’s cable came to an end and he hooked it up the detonator.

From below the noise of ninjas piling into the elevator spurred the Raiders to climb up onto the secondary cable. Coryn climbed on last, still gripping the now broken katana in his right hand he yelled up to the others. “Third floor! Guns, dry goods, piles of dead spam ninjas!” He slammed his foot down on the detonator and in the room below a series of massive explosions began near the outer walls and began to work their way in. Coryn swung at the cable connected to the elevator and severed it. The elevator rushed downwards, propelling the other cable and the Raiders holding onto it swiftly in an upwards direction. The explosions reached the elevator shaft and a column of flame shot up towards the Raiders. It quickly passed them but only managed to engulf them for a moment before it had reached it peaked and the now slightly singed Raiders shot out of it. Eventually they two began to lose momentum and at the last moment all six leaped off the cable and came to a semi soft landing on a floor that had its elevator doors stuck in the open position.
 A small amount of light shown in through an opening in the blinds that had been long drawn over the window. Coryn stood up with some discomfort and pulled the string down, allowing the orange evening light to pour into the long abandoned hallway. All of MR City appeared in golden hue before the Raiders. Aero sighed and smiled at the view. “You know, It’s the little things like this that I missed about this place.” Behind them the wall began to crumble and soon almost the entire building began to fall away. Miraculously the side of building they were standing on remained intact. Toasty dropped to the ground and hung his legs over the side of what used to be the elevator shaft. “Co’s going to kill us when we get back….” The others sat/fell down as well and peered at the rubble. Doodle spoke up. “Probably. But until then…” Coryn let his legs hang off the side as well. “Just try to enjoy the view, and all the other little moments of peace we get in life.”

Offline h_musick

• Lurking...
  • Global Moderator
  • Troll-patrol
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2011, 06:59:21 PM »
clap clap clap clap clap!!!!!  :thumbsup:

"Artists who seek perfection in everything are those who cannot attain it in anything."
- Gustave Flaubert

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2011, 02:32:28 AM »
*bows*

i'm glad you thought it was worth clapping for. first time i got that reaction i think.

Offline [aero]

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2011, 03:15:56 AM »
woo coryn very nice conclusion!

Offline h_musick

• Lurking...
  • Global Moderator
  • Troll-patrol
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2011, 12:06:04 PM »
um... standing ovation?

- Gustave Flaubert

Offline Tostificer

• Lord Conqueror Toast
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2011, 12:49:43 PM »
I loved it how the music reached climax when the story did, and when we finally got all the way up there the music had this fast turn into silent, beautiful music. (4:00 in the vid).

Anyhow, I loved the sniper ballet idea! Really awesome Coryn!

*claps*

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2011, 02:54:48 PM »
thanks guys! glad you all liked it! wasn't sure about the ballet thing when i wrote it though. didn't know about your reaction but i'm glad it was positive. also happy the timing worked out well for you. since different people will read at different paces and such.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2011, 04:25:33 PM »
*Late, awkward standing ovation. *
Hahaha, great! Funny! Action packed!

Super late in spotting this story. Loved all the references!
Lemme see. Gurren Lagaan... Cowboy Bebop... i think... or was that Outlaw Star... (the cactus...)

I really liked this, it was worth the read and honestly got the juices flowing in my head. It made online life seem so simple again. Nice ending too. Very nostalgic.

Oh and er... Toasty... last time you 'sniped' your hand was ammunition.... ehehehe  ^^'