October 17, 2018, 12:30:01 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The Dirty Laundry of MR  (Read 5564 times)

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
The Dirty Laundry of MR
« on: February 20, 2011, 11:32:07 PM »
well i got board so i decided to pump out a little story i've had in my head for a little while. It's an MR based story so yes it stars a few of you guys and dont take it personally if you didnt get a role. but i hope you all enjoy it and kudos if you know where the story's name came from!

INTO THE DEPTHS

Deep in MR city stands the head administrative building. A tower of both beauty and terror. It is here that the Administrators and Mods look over the city and perform their important duties. Filled with the latest technologies and equipment there is no issue that cannot be resolved from the safe halls of this building. Next to the tower however stands what some would consider a far less important and therefore much more distraught building; the Manga Raider’s News Network, and it is here where our story will take place.

Being led down a rundown and dark hallway was a small group of brave adventurers. Leading up the group was Coryn Sken. Carrying little more than a flashlight and a katana on his back he pushed forwards through the old desk and piles of abandoned office supplies. At his flanks were his fellow moderators: Animedoodler and Sai. Similar to Coryn they carried only flashlights and weapons, with doodle with an un-naturally large pencil and Sai with dual handguns tucked neatly into his suit’s pants. Behind these three were three more: toasty, aero, and kite. In contrast to the moderators they were all unarmed and weighed down by heavy packs containing food and other supplies. Tripping over an old desk lamp and nearly falling on his face toasty felt obligated to voice his concern. “Remind me why we’re the ones carrying all the supplies again?” Coryn looked back at him as if it was obvious. “Cause seniority is a bitch.”

“But I’ve been here for like a year already!”

“8 months.”

“Did I ever tell you: you piss me off sometimes?”

“Probably.”

“What’s all this stuff for anyways? Aren’t we just here to start up the news studio again?” Toasty suddenly noticed tears streaming down all three of the mod’s faces. “Um guys? What’s wrong?”

The mods all simultaneously enter a flashback sequence. All three of them were standing shoulder to shoulder in a large window walled office. Corycaly’s voice emitted from behind huge piles of schoolwork sitting on her desk. “I want the three of you to take a team and reactivate the News Network.” Doodle raised her hand and spoke. “All three of us? Will that really be necessary?” Co stopped grading and paused for a moment before speaking. “Do you know what happened to the last group we sent in to reactivate the station?”

“Umm…No?”

“Well neither do we. So…” Co stood up abruptly and papers flew into the air. She pointed her red pen at the mods as she barked her orders. “Now get down there and don’t come back until you’re up to full broadcast capabilities!!” The three mods gave brisk salutes and shouted in unison. “Yes Mam!”

The flashback melted back to reality and the three pack mules had a look of disbelief on their faces. “Is that really what she said?” Sai turned his head towards them. “Does it look like we’re joking?!”

“Hard to tell when you never take off those sunglasseeeesssssss…!” Toasty tripped and fell flat on his face. Doodle rolled him over with a prod of her pencil. Doing this revealed that toasty had actually tripped over what appeared to have been a human skull, although it had now been smashed to pieces. Coryn bent down and ruffled through the skull pieces. Amongst the remains he found a rolled up note stuck inside of an eye socket. Standing back up again he read it off aloud. “To whoever may find this note, we spent three days trying to find our way to the central studio. Team leader Demi kept reassuring us we’d find it soon but we never did. Kazbat went crazy three days ago and we haven’t seen him since. Personally I think he’s probably already gotten the hell out of here and is raiding our lockers back at HQ. Either way I hope we get out of here soon. Sincerely - Hope. P.S. – No idea where this skull came from, kinda cool though isn’t it?”

Coryn pocketed the note and sighed. “Well that explains a couple things at least.” Aero spoke up. “Nothing that seems to really help us though….”

“Oh common don’t be discouraged!” Toasty sighed. “Well it’s not exactly looking good is it? We’ve already been here for two days. I just don’t know if I can believe tha..” Coryn interrupted him by swinging around his sword and yelling passionately. “THEN DON’T BELIEVE IN YOURSELF! BELIEVE IN ME WHO BELIEVES IN YOU! OURS IS THE PEN THAT WILL PEIRCE THE HEA…!” Coryn too was cut off by the sound of shattering glass. All assembled looked up to where the tip of his sword was just in time to see a few small sparks suddenly come to life. Another moment of confusion occurred before the sparks started up again but this time Coryn got lit up like a Christmas tree from the electricity arcing along his sword. After a few moments he was released from the shocks and he collapsed to the ground. Looking back up at the source of the power the group could see wire coils spelling out the words, “On Air”, glowing with residual current. Realizing what they had just stumbled upon Kite spoke. “Does anybody else smell something weird?” Aero smiled. “That’s the smell of irony Kite.” Coryn’s raspy voice emitted from the ground. “I was going to say it smells like my burning flesh.” Doodle nodded her head. “Yeah, like irony.”

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline [aero]

• View Profile
Re: The Dirty Laundry of MR
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 12:05:54 AM »
ahaha awesomeness =P

no idea whats going on but its great XD
(kinda sad i dont have a weapon but also surprised im in it since ive been away for a while >_>)

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 12:09:54 AM »
well the important part was that you were here when i wrote it. sides, you were here when i came up with the idea and was going to be in it originally

Offline [aero]

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 12:18:54 AM »
ah that makes sense then, looks like i was able to skip to the good part =P

Offline SaiHawkeye

• Producer-san
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 01:07:26 AM »
*kicks Coryn on the face after he was electro-groped*

Hey, are you alright? xD
I'm back~~~

Offline Tostificer

• Lord Conqueror Toast
  • Bigger they come, harder they fall
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 04:31:28 AM »
Hmmm, I have a pretty big role in this! Of course, I play the dumbass, but heck, that's who I am! And nice reference, I totally got it. Overall pretty nice story, are you going to continue with it?
Bros with Legomaestro since 2010. I think.

Offline h_musick

• Lurking...
  • Global Moderator
  • Troll-patrol
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 11:10:36 AM »
thats funny i just had a dream night before last the MR...well i wrote it in chitchat topic before i saw this... weird... O.o get out of my head.
http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,8367.0.html

"Artists who seek perfection in everything are those who cannot attain it in anything."
- Gustave Flaubert

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 11:56:42 AM »
Hmmm, I have a pretty big role in this! Of course, I play the dumbass, but heck, that's who I am! And nice reference, I totally got it. Overall pretty nice story, are you going to continue with it?

indeed i am.

*kicks Coryn on the face after he was electro-groped*

Hey, are you alright? xD

ass

thats funny i just had a dream night before last the MR...well i wrote it in chitchat topic before i saw this... weird... O.o get out of my head.

get out of my head o.O i had this idea months back.

Offline h_musick

• Lurking...
  • Global Moderator
  • Troll-patrol
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 01:46:59 PM »
thats messed up. good storie though! will you do more about MR? I hope you do this was funny, and it ended to soon for me.

"Artists who seek perfection in everything are those who cannot attain it in anything."
- Gustave Flaubert

dawood

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 02:35:43 PM »
very very good! actually made me laugh.. lol...   hope you make more of these... i would certainly like to read more

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 02:36:28 PM »
well this is only part one. so it's not over yet. and yes i do have more MR based stories in reserve.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 03:40:53 PM »
and part two; inspired by a true story. part three should wrap up the story.

RAIDERS OF THE LOST STUDIO

Doodle flipped on the light switch, after flashing a few times the lights finally came on to reveal the full glory of the news studio. Ancient computer equipment lay strewn across the room, cameras were piled into boxes and several tripods were sitting in a pile in the corner. A torn green screen hung against one of the walls and on the far side of the room were several small rooms with signs above them reading things like “Editing Room 1” and “Video Control”. Standing out however against the far wall was a large desk which sat in front of a large image of MR City. As the explorers gazed in awe Coryn walked up from behind them and retook his place at the front of the group. “Looks like everything is mostly still in one piece. Drop the packs and let’s explore this place a little bit” With that order everyone split up and started to sift through the room. Kite started with a door that that read “Broadcast” upon opening the door however he was buried in an avalanche of old monitors, tv’s, cardboard boxes, and at the very top of the pile a small potted cactus, which for some reason seemed to be in perfect health. Ignoring Kite Coryn picked up the cactus and gave it a curious look. “Nah, couldn’t be.” He set the cactus down on a camera dolly before moving onto video control. Inside he found a very massive and dusty switchboard. After studying it and pressing a few buttons at random he found the power button. The entire control room seemed to slowly light up, revealing an entire wall of monitors behind him as well as other equipment filling the room. The power then spread out into the main studio. Lights, cameras, and monitors reactivated after years of inactivity and all of it together cast a soft glow upon the room. Everyone emerge from their explorations to see what was going on. After activating a few more switches Coryn picked up a small microphone and spoke into it, broadcasting his voice throughout the room. “Lady, gentlemen and Kite. We are in business.”

Over the next few days the Raiders put the studio back in order. Cameras were set up, cords were mended, and computers were updated from windows98. Once all was set up everyone took their places for broadcast number one. Kite ran video control with toasty on teleprompter and Aero as camera man. Doodle and Coryn took the anchor positions while Sai delegated himself the role of “Production Manager” which amounted to sitting in the corner and drinking coffee while everyone else worked. With everything powered up one final switch was flipped and the broadcast began. All across the city televisions sprung to life with the image of the two moderators, and then, silence. Half an hour later the broadcast was over and no one had heard a word.

Back in the studio the cameras flipped off and Coryn stood up. “Well guy’s congratulations on our first broadcast! As a reward we’ve got…” He was cut off as his pocket started singing “Dance, Dance” by Fall Out Boy. Coryn took his phone out of his pocket and flipped it open. “Moshi moshi?” What commenced was a 10 minute scream fest from Co and Hasith about how the broadcast didn’t have any sound. By the time he had finally been able to hang up everyone else had gathered around as well. Everyone that is, except for Kite, who was still inside the control room. Looking through the window the other Raiders could see Kite dancing around like an idiot. Toasty opened the door and was thrown back as the sound waves of Danish techno smashed into his frame. Everyone else tried to approach as well but to no avail. Finally however Sai set down his coffee and stepped into the path of the waves. Pulling out both of his pistols he began to fire rapidly at Kites boombox. It died a sad death and Kite began to mourn it as Sai’s empty clips hit the ground. Doodle entered the room and planted her foot in Kite’s crotch. “Mind telling us why we didn’t get any sound?” Kite’s reply was very high pitched. “But you guys were talking over my music.” He passed out and left everyone with a look of anguish on their faces.

The next day when televisions everywhere tuned into the news they were greeted with the image of Coryn and Doodle but this time they had Kite tied up and hanging upside down behind them with duck tape over his mouth. Doodle started off. “We here at the MR News Network would like to apologize for yesterdays broadcast, and would like to inform you all that the persons responsible have been sacked.” The camera’s switched over to Coryn. “And now for today’s top story. It seems Tite Kubo will be continuing Bleach once again. After the dismal failure of the so call ‘Fullbring Arc.’ (Which didn’t even reach its conclusion) The mangaka has declared that he wants to take the series in a new direction. And was quoted as saying ‘I like the idea of ninja pirates that fight zombies. It’s only an initial idea but I definitely want to combine the three.” The camera’s switched again to Doodle. “In other news it has been confirmed that Pokemon will be receiving yet another season with an entirely new set one hundred and fifty. Leaked information cites that among the newcomers would be both a drumset and an alarm clock Pokemon. God help us all.” And so they continued like this until the end of the broadcast which wrapped up successfully and without any angry calls at the end of it.

After a few minutes of waiting for a reprisal and seeing none coming the raiders jumped up in unison and yelled out with delight and a sense of victory. Kite was untied as well and everyone gathered around the desk to give their congratz to everyone. After a few minutes Coryn began to speak. “Well I started to say it yesterday but good job everyone and as a surprise for a successful broadcast we brought cookies. He pulled out a backpack from under the desk and pulled out several boxes of Oreos. Everyone ripped open the packages but to their dismay found no cookies. Ten angry eyes turned on Coryn who was backed up against the wall. “Hey don’t look at me! It was Co and Hasith who gave me the bag….” His voice had faded away as he spoke. Pulling out his phone he called up the two Admin’s and put them on speaker. “Hey guys this is Coryn. Yeah we just opened up the, airquotes, cookies, unairquote. And they were empty.” Hasith responded. “Are you surprised we lied about the cookies? We’re broke enough after fixing up the site. Now stop talking and do work!” The call was cut off with a resounding click and tears begun to stream down everyone’s eyes. Aero raised his hand. “I motion to tie Kite back up to make ourselves feel better.” Doodle raised her hand as well. “I second the motion.” Coryn collapsed back into his chair. “The motion has been moved and seconded. All in favor.” Everyone rose their hands with the exception of Kite who was furiously trying to barricade himself inside the broadcast room. Coryn spoke again. “The motion carries. Commence the beating and tying."

“I didn’t say anything about beating…” Coryn grabbed him by the shirt collar. “Commence the beating!!!” Much to Kite’s dismay, no one questioned the order.

Offline [aero]

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 04:12:47 PM »
ahahahahaha awesome

Who has the best ideas? Fictional me!

Offline h_musick

• Lurking...
  • Global Moderator
  • Troll-patrol
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 08:47:05 PM »
poor kite... where is he anyway?!

- Gustave Flaubert

Offline Monsterful

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2011, 09:25:03 PM »
LOL! great stuff.

Alarm clock and drumset pokemon? The self-cooking bacon starter still wins!