April 17, 2024, 11:39:33 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Fable: The Lost Chapters  (Read 2120 times)

Offline Tostificer

• Lord Conqueror Toast
  • Bigger they come, harder they fall
    • View Profile
Fable: The Lost Chapters
« on: December 31, 2010, 07:27:37 AM »
Ok, so I just bought Fable: The Lost Chapters, and while it's installing, I thought I'd review it.

So it's this awesome game where the main character is part of a guild, which has quests and all for you to do. But as you start doing the harder, more interesting quests, you start getting personally involved. There's many ways to handle a quest, usually a good and bad way. Both ways are ok, but if you do too much bad stuff, you start becoming evil and everyone around you will start fearing you. On the other hand, if you do everything good, people will start liking you. Really, in-game, male NPC's can become gay when you're around because you're so good.
The good way is the easiest way, because everything is easier when people like you. See, if they don't like you, they will start halting you in your quests and be all annoying. But heck, you're evil anyway so you can slay them.
That's what I love this game for. You can do it completely your style, and you can play it all over again and do it the other way.
Definately wortht the 10 bucks. Now I wonder wether the production of the four installation CD's is actually worth those $10.

After playing it, I'll write a bit more in-depth stuff. Until then, enjoy the cover:
Bros with Legomaestro since 2010. I think.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Fable: The Lost Chapters
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 01:09:04 PM »
never got to play fable one. so i never got into the rest of them. thought about going back and getting the whole series sometime though.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Tostificer

• Lord Conqueror Toast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 05:07:20 PM »
Fable is awesome.

I've been playing for five hours straight right now, and I'm amazed. Ok, the graphics aren't exactly stunning, but the gameplay is wonderful. I've gone for the straight-on hard way: I'm evil as *censored*. After the arena, the people put the two remaining contestants (which were good friends) against each other. We even made a plan on how we could escape, and then I *censored*ed it all up by simply killing her. I did get a 10000 coins bonus for not forfeiting, but now the other contestant's brother has decided to follow me wherever I go to kill me.
But heck, I'm evil now. I even grew horns. Whenever people see me, they will cower in fear and run away as fast as they can.

I might put up some screens of what my character looks like after five hours of gaming. I've got the assasin set and dark willuser set complete, and I've got the bandit one but it was part of a quest to gain it.

So, anyone else played it? I don't know how, but these people should make more RPG's, perhaps online ones. Seriously, the combat is awesome. Although the Assasin's most awesome spell is also the most overpowered one. It may not look like that, but it lets you get behind your opponent and land some free hits. Used it against pretty much every opponent after boosting my mana and health bar.

Also, there are two attacks: an evil and divine one. These things are freaking aweome, although I can't find the time to boost them, because I have to use my experience points on stealth. Speaking of which, have I told you guys yet that you can steal anything on display, and walk into random houses and steal people's stuff? It doesn't only give you a lot of potions, but also evil points which are kinda hard to get (and keep) since every time you complete an obligatory quest, you get good points, not evil ones.

That's it for now, screens coming later.

Offline Fallen Kite

• Fallen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 02:26:07 PM »
Never played it, but sounds cool.
Work in progress: Everything.
Alternative title: Nothing.

Offline Monsterful

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 02:32:53 PM »
beated it ages ago! xD Man that's an old game right there.

It's one of the greatest I have ever played though.

Offline Tostificer

• Lord Conqueror Toast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 04:01:26 PM »
Isn't it?!

Tomorrow, if I get the chance, I'll do quests to max out my Assassin Rush and Guile, so that I can easily steal stuff. I'm an assassin bitches!

Screens tomorrow, probably.