July 22, 2018, 09:48:46 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Bulles d'Aire 2010  (Read 1661 times)

Offline Corycaly

• I'm the French yeti: often heard of but rarely seen.
  • Administrator
  • Life is a giant primary school playground.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
Bulles d'Aire 2010
« on: December 08, 2010, 04:42:51 AM »
I went to my town's comics festival last week end!
This edition was disturbed by the bad weather of the last days. Endless snow in all France caused many visitors to cancel their visit. It had a good consequence for me: less visitors means more chances to meet authors ^^!

I went only on the saturday but met 5 of my favorite authors.
Here are the books I bought

First: Nanami and Amelie Sarn , authors of Nanami, a french comics which has some manga influence. I had met them at this same festival two years ago!
They were very nice We discovered we shared a common passion about cosplay ^^

I then met Mathieu Mariolle and Tisseron , authors of the comics Shangai. I was astonished by the colors of the album and bought it immediately. The author asked me if he could have total freedom for the drawing, I answered YA OF COURSE! He made an incredible pic of a dragoon/devil invocation!
cover: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kpbU2SK4mrU/S-2Asg-4n1I/AAAAAAAAAUs/F8zPoXWxp2Q/s1600/couverture_shangha%C3%AF.jpg

One of my absolute goals of the festival was to meet the author Cromwell. I must admit I rarely read comics, but once I had discovered the cover of his book, the Last of the Mohicans and learnt he would attend the festival, I KNEW I had to meet him. This author has a fabulous oil paint technic, his book are out of the traditional boring stories. This last book takes your heart and your head. Fabulous.

Another author far away from traditional boring comics. Mr Pendanx! His books are , like Cromwell's jewels which take you into their own universe. No fantasy nor knights, just human stories which lose themselves into the immensity of nature. So many tragedies/dreams/fights which are written in the History, build of blood and heartaches but finally mean so little in the whole universe.

I bought the festival exlibris collection!

Here are my favorite!

(Mr Pendanx)

, by Tisseron. Too bad (the printer messed up and darkened the pic T__T)

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bulles d'Aire 2010
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 04:46:32 AM »
Drawing of that ship looks great !!

Offline Fallen Kite

• Fallen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 06:11:46 AM »
WHY cruel world WHY's there no such thing here  :'( Meeting 5 o' your fav Authors's pretty amazing. Wish I had the chance
Work in progress: Everything.
Alternative title: Nothing.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 11:18:04 AM »
oh last of the mohicans. good story. movie wasnt bad. the guys art for it is certainly unique though.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF