April 16, 2024, 01:22:56 AM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Cosplay shops  (Read 17539 times)

Offline Corycaly

• I'm the French yeti: often heard of but rarely seen.
  • Administrator
  • Life is a bazooka.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
Cosplay shops
« on: October 20, 2010, 03:59:08 PM »
Here I will list online shops you can use for cosplay! I tested all those shops.

Sewing patterns
Butterick  Mc Calls Vogue
A complete collection of sewing pattern which can use even by sewing beginners! There is a collection for ultra easy level, up to complex projects. I tested both simple (fast and easy colection), normal and average level: all instructions are clear and illustrated. Great detail: all sewing patterns instructions are in French and English, and some have Spanish version too!
Update: they created a whole new cosplay sewing patterns shop!
Good: the diversity of sewing patterns, several linguage version, the different levels available. Detail: register to their newsletter to know their regular promotions operations!
Bad: maybe not the best if you are looking for Historical accuracy.

There is also Simplicity sewing patterns: I have never tried them but they have lots of costume sewing patterns.
They can also be bought here
It has an amazing Zelda cosplay sewing pattern!

Wigs

Cosplaydna
High quality wigs for cheap! Mostly unstyled wigs made of kanekalon or high temperature resistant wigs.
Colors are varied but their wigs fits big heads.
plus: free shipping, resin skin top which makes hair parting possible, Tangle and Frizzle Free, High Fiber Count

Cosplaywig
cosplay wig: styled wigs, good quality
Be  careful of the wig size and shipping time which can be awfully long!
Update: I don't know if this shop is  as active as before: nowadays it seems to be totally empty.  :-\

Wig fashion
  can be also found on ebay or here
Good:  great choice of base wigs. I love their quality and their cheap prices! Wigs fit even large heads

wig fever
Good: cheap but quality wigs!
Notice: I think it's the same seller as wigfashion, sometimes the prices vary.

Ayanamisatorou wigs are often recommanded but I have never tried them.

Arda is a USA based shop:
Good: they have ultra good quality wigs. They fit well big heads too.
Careful: they are a bit expensive.

Epic cosplay wig is also based in the USA. I head good comments about their wigs!

The five wits: accurate wigs but some are a bit expensive.

Fabrics shops

I live in France and I never used any usa fabric shops. Here are the shops I use:

Tissus Price
A french shop: serious, reliable, quick shipping, fabric is great and not expensive. My favorite fabric shop!
Good: price, quality, variety of colors and type of fabrics, ultra serious seller.

My fabrics
Ships to: Germany  France, United Kingdom  Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Luxembourg, Netherlands  Italy, Monaco  Sweden  Norway  Andorra, Czech Republic, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland  Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovenia  Bulgaria, Croatia, Iceland, Turkey  Canada, United States of America 
Goods: the variety of fabric, the diversity of colors.
Bad: long time to receive/ship the packages.

A new   lace applique  shop I discovered on aliexpress! It has hundreds of lace, applique, easy to use for cosplays such as Trinity Blood. Prices are very cheap!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 07:31:05 AM by Corycaly »

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Cosplay shops
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 04:58:44 PM »
quite the wig selection on some of these sites.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Corycaly

• Administrator
  • Life is a bazooka.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 12:49:22 PM »
New fabric shops! Tested and approuved!

Offline Corycaly

• Administrator
  • Life is a bazooka.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 12:34:52 PM »
Update: new tested wig shop: cosplay dna!

Offline TsukiokaLoli

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 11:47:51 PM »
www.cosplayhouse.com has everything you could ever think up of.  :dance:

Offline everlastin01

• Learning/attempting writer
  • Working on story and practing things
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 12:42:24 PM »
i found a place that sells wigs.....not like that would help anyone but this is the website                               http://thefivewits.net
Coryn's assistant

and Rouge Student (Galactic Raiders)

Offline alonie21

• Angelicghost
  • enjoy your life, if you dont who will?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 04:15:32 PM »
these are awesome links!

Offline SaiHawkeye

• Producer-san
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 06:31:02 AM »
It's kind of a hidden secret but a lot of high level cosplayers get their materials from Taobao. Taobao is like a Chinese-specific ebay but it's a lot cheaper if you're buying in bulk.

The important thing to remember is that there are still risks with shopping on ebay but there are ways you can reduce these risks. The following link is a list of shops and their descriptions. I know for sure the first three links have really good wigs. There will be descriptions for other shops that note whether or not they're good: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah--YzOvA37wdDFLclhpelRRbFlkTnNVaGk0X2tJbkE&hl=en_US#gid=0

The currency is Chinese RMB or Yuan so the dollar value can be found by dividing it by 6.5 at the moment (July 1, 2012).

Another important note is that it's not really worth ordering from Taobao because of the high shipping costs unless you're ordering around at least $80 worth of supplies. It's really up to you to determine if it's worth it.

To make the process "easier" the use of a Taobao agent is recommended. Agents basically order the items for you, get it shipped to their house, then mail out the mass order. They also handle any translations you may need about your order specifically. I personally go through cici[at]taobaospree.com from http://taobaospree.com/   She's the quickest to respond and has the best English. Basically the steps are
1) Download the order form from their website which is an excel spreadsheet.
2) Copy the description, URL, and price of the item to the order form and email it to the agent
3) Wait for the agent to respond with any questions and the adjusted prices. This is the stage where you sort out any problems or issues because the order hasn't been put in on their side yet.
4) Confirm the final order form and agree on payment.
5) Send first payment for the agent to buy the items and have them shipped to the agent.
6) Send second payment for shipping of all the items to you.

Taobaospree adds a 10% service fee which still saves you more money than shopping through ebay.

One example of a Taobao order price:
1x $50 costume + $5 service fee + $3 shipping fee to agent + $30 shipping fee to you = $88 for the costume to get to you. This is really good for a custom fit costume.

Second example of a Taobao order price:
6x $15 wigs + $9 service fee + $9 shipping fee to agent + $30 shipping fee to you = $138 for 6 wigs from Taobao. Seems expensive but good wigs generally go for $30 each so getting them in the US would be about $180.

I won't really be around to answer any questions but the process should be pretty straight-forward. Just remember that it may take up to a month to receive your order. I personally give it a month and a half time when ordering in case any problems come up.
I'm back~~~

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 09:41:58 AM »
Nice. I'm ages away from cosplaying but i hope this is going to still be going on for a while when i eventually do have the chance

Offline Corycaly

• Administrator
  • Life is a bazooka.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2016, 08:53:25 AM »
I updated this topic: shop links are updated and I added new links. I will soon add links to buy beads and sewing stuff.

Offline Aeaphie

• Working at my own world
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2018, 01:13:28 AM »
It seems that I can't find the source of this wig so does anyone styles a wig like this or have a similar wig?

Spoiler
Be the best of what you can be~

Offline Paolofulmer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2020, 03:37:30 PM »
For cosplays and figurines i found this site called figurine store even though they dont have cosplay items listed  they sell them on demand
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 05:41:01 PM by Coryn »

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2020, 05:42:09 PM »
Hey they Paolo! Sorry but I had to remove your link. We don't allow them until someone has made 25 posts. If you're interested in being a part of the forum, please introduce yourself in the Welcome Center!

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF