March 29, 2024, 03:57:36 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Legomaestro's Art Box  (Read 314773 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Legomaestro's Art Box
« Reply #1965 on: November 13, 2018, 04:56:32 PM »
I just googled trello and man I think having a project management software would make my management infitely worse haha. I'm so bad at being organized. How is it going for you?

Yeaup. Unfortunately I'm stuck with art, even though I  should definitely be a writer first and foremost it's taken a greater level of importance in my life.

@Kean yeah I see what you mean. For a first step I want to see how muscles work on the arm. I know they're plenty of more to worry about but yeah those are my biggest problem.

@Mahlua I hope so. the moments have been to far in between, but I'm able to wait for them longer these days with my regimen obsession

@suuper haha they actually banded together during the Happy Hour wherabouts and wanted to start their own less-sweary less-drinky thing. It also came around the forum a little in their dissaproval about certain witticism that certain male members of the forum made at the time so yeah it also just sort of happened haha.  I love MR Canon organizations.

@Coryn I have so much I've left lying around I'd rather tackle those than redo pages tbh. I mean I'm still knee deep in SLG and Digital Dragons and Penance and it'd be folly to redo any of those pages. As for really old pages there is this Skythe manga and Genba. Funny enough they hold up pretty well esp. because of textures and photoshop haha.

Damn. Photobucket destroyed everything I'm telling you. I could only  recover Skythe. I hope I find Genba again. It was one of my first drawings, and I had fun with the concept. Damn you photobuckeeet!

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: November 13, 2018, 05:54:06 PM »
Yeah, MRverse is so expansive. I feel like with everybody taking up animation, though, we could do one of those epic anime intro type mash-ups where various stories are touched on and given a brief moment to shine in art. MEPs, they're called. It'd take forever and probably never get done, but that'd be the best way, I think, for a big project to happen and for a lot of things to get tackled simultaneously, and to distribute the workload.

I dunno. Just a thought that crossed my mind.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: November 13, 2018, 06:35:24 PM »
Where there is a will there is a way, that being said the latest best example of such a grand collaborative event is the MR VN. So it can be done... Theoretically. Until we get at least the first act done for that (translation: Until I get the programming or it done) it's a pipe dream, but participants are always welcome. You just never know.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: November 13, 2018, 06:47:25 PM »
I'm totally up for animation lol but it is indeed a huge endeavor.

If its programming/software help then i dont mind lending a hand to the VN ;)
Im always trying to get a free moment to get in on the collab action but whenever i get free time it gets used up by my art haha

Ive still got the MR game on my mind (i sort of comitted to that one), and i think ive finally worked out the best method to make it. Actually i just figured it out about an hour ago XD

Great old comic. Totally can see the improvement with your latest stuff, although it does have more of a finished feel than your current style haha.

Im in the process of finding a good free (yeah, right) project management software to keep a track of my story and characters. It might end up being good old paper for me I think.
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: November 13, 2018, 06:48:33 PM »
You could also *cough cough* help with character artwork *cough*

But you didn't hear it from me.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: November 13, 2018, 07:04:35 PM »
Yeh no lie suuper you'd be a super duper asset (pun half-intended) to making character artwork for the VN. Like literally my latest excuse for the VN is: The placeholder art needs art.

And yeh. It's always a fun time seeing better structure and level-of-completedness in old art but yeah, tbh I'm okay with the path I'm going down right now. Low key it gives me the hope that I can just pick a good software and suddenly be a better artist (even though that'd depress me: It'd mean having better things is the only way to being better at things)

I look forwad to ze redraw nevertheless.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: November 13, 2018, 07:25:53 PM »
I'll consider it :)
Ahhhh the good old placeholders. My game programming days were full of them. In fact i originally started drawing to make graphics for my games but thats another story lol

I totally get your reasons and to some extent "better" software does make a difference. But fundamentally you need something to do something. Just because MSpaint is the financial equivalent of ballpen and copy paper doesnt make it the artistic equivalent sad to say. You also might potentially be stuck in a catch 22, where you might actually find it easier to improve with a more featureful software. Imagine if ballpens were very unreliable and leaked randomly or kept running dry during use (in fact some do). Just because its cheap doesnt make it good for art, although a good artist probably can use it to make amazing works (similarly there are goid MSPaint artists), it mught not be the best tool for improving to that level of skill.

Im not trying to convert you and im not sure myself but just to bring up the possibility that you might be hindering your progress by using a difficult tool.

Just to think of it another way (especially now we have our RPG signatures), when you clear a game you often go back and play it on a harder difficulty, if you tried from the beginning to play that harder difficulty it wouldnt be impossible but it would certainly be harder than gaining experience on an easier level first. MSPaint might be that difficult level, possibly.

Just a thought i just had :P
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: November 13, 2018, 07:49:34 PM »
Dark Souls basically: your playthrough is totally different depending on if you get a Black Knight weapon in the beginning of the playthrough or not. Otherwise you can have a fundamentally different experience than your friends.

The thing is I understand that logic through and through... Up until I see One Punch Man, and Ashley Wood who makes super expensive toys out of his super sketchy art, and I see someone great like Oh! Great having anime that never go further than a couple of episodes and some random ecchi manga getting 2 seasons...

For real. I could drop everything today and just say 'I want to be a commission artist' And go to photoshop and Follow All Appropriate Rules Accordingly and I'm pretty sure I'd not be famous, not even average, but OK Enough To Be Proud of How Far I Get

... But I Just Cannot, Will Not and Do Not Want. As a pro pessimist I suspect deeply that that's just another white rabbit promising all sorts of happiness, but giving me the same old feelings of inadequacies to the old greats and the like. Simply said, I think it's a trap, and it'd screw me over if I tried to improve my art by going there.

I will say, however, that as far as animation is concerned I really do need a better software than MSPaint (if I want a better output at least)

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: November 13, 2018, 08:15:58 PM »
Fair enough. As long as youve thought about it and youve got your reasons then theres no problem. And your art is improving nonetheless, so if youre on the path you want I wouldnt have it any other way :)

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: November 17, 2018, 10:02:44 AM »
Nice! A guy aiming to take down death itself. Great work!

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: November 17, 2018, 10:21:36 AM »
btw GIMP is good for beginner level (and pro?) animations, if you use the pencil tool it feels like MS paint so you'll adjust real quick. I also use https://ezgif.com/maker for compiling my blink animation frames and other stuff where GIMP frames would be a pain.

if you had a premade grid in a random colour in MSpaint, you could use that to help align different frames when drawing stuff, then delete all the grid once finished by filling the grid colour and deleting.

other than using vector animation, I think MSPaint wouldn't be much slower than any other hand drawn animation software to be honest. most of the effort is in actually producing the frames methinks.

talking of MSpaint, I found this tutorial while browsing just now
https://nerdparadise.com/mspaint/opacityoverlay
also https://nerdparadise.com/mspaint/randomtips
that last tip on the second one is insanely useful, even for me.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 10:31:08 AM by suuper-san »

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: November 17, 2018, 11:28:30 AM »
Oh the GIF maker will be useful, and there's this dude who made awesome animations using GiMP on deviantart. CT Chyrsler or something if I recall.

I'll keep my eye open for more mspaint tutorials. There must be something that appeals to my kind of drawing.

@Walter B Haha well it seemed like a fun idea at the time.

General dump.

Warden. An optional hero from For Honour

From my stream

« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 01:11:12 PM by legomaestro »

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: November 17, 2018, 01:41:58 PM »
Getting woken up when dreams get good sucks!!

Facebook       Patreon

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: November 17, 2018, 01:44:43 PM »
Indeed. It should be a crime.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: November 17, 2018, 02:13:31 PM »
Honestly though, good, but unfinished dreams have probably done more for my creative output than anything else. Nothing like brainstorming how the dream would have ended to get the juices flowing freely.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF