April 18, 2024, 11:16:57 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Legomaestro's Art Box  (Read 317291 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Legomaestro's Art Box
« Reply #1950 on: November 04, 2018, 01:32:14 PM »

Princess Faustia and Azmack the kobold.

Just wanted to mess with outfits and looks here mostly.

A team of mercenaries.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 02:50:04 PM by legomaestro »

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: November 05, 2018, 05:02:03 AM »
wow so much art work hopefully I don't miss one that I wanted to say something about

regarding your lines and stuff, I think the only thing you are really missing is the cleanup/resketch stage. remember that one time when I did an ink of some of your characters? All I really did was trace over your lines that were already there, but it cleaned up really well. I think thats a possible limit of normal use of MSPaint, as you would definitely benefit from layers when doing cleanups.

I think drawn text is much better than typed, for the effects. you lose the emotion and stuff with typed, and it's not as expressive or descriptive, and you have to keep finding "the perfect font"(tm) for that one effect you want to use.

I can pretty much tell what's going on in the fight. pretty decent choreography.

I hear you on drawing muscle. I'm sort of getting into that slowly with learning shading, so I'm learning muscles almost by default as I'm copying shading of photos and stuff. But it's hard work as there are a lot of muscles and they are all complicated shapes :P complicated guidelines/box figures help a lot with that sort of thing.
the face and body and clothes are nice of Liana though

dat bugman.

lovely Lego in an RPG. Do we have an RPG/Tron/Game MR Universe? We need one NOW! Once I catch up with canon I'll make it a thing if it isn't already.

much cleaner lines in the second post, especially on the first picture. goes to show the difference of brushes makes. wait, is that transparency I spy on the brush? this is still on MSPaint? how did you manage that.....

great character designs and details on the clothes/outfits.

and nice set of mercenaries. a bit neater sketched than your normal stuff.

good job and great output as always :)
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: November 05, 2018, 01:21:07 PM »
From all the legit MS Paint artists I see on youtube they cleanup with curved lines and stuff, and that makes me drool out of boredom. I actually did a clean version once:

Espereta

So if I always approached drawings like that I could churn out images that looked like this (even black and white.)

Also traced ecchi images before so I know MS Paint can pull off relatively clean lines.

So on that front I am both lazy and just not inclined to draw like that. Not now at least lel.

I still need to find a comic font that works. Strange story: I saw comic sans working once in a comic for some reason. When not all words are capitalized it actually looks OK.

Yeah muscles is a can of worms I just really don't want to look at right now. Still having such problems with basic 'skeletal' construction that I can't even imagine considering all those funky things. I mean I don't want to study them like a doctor, but I do want to be able to make buff characters look buff and fat characters look fat when and where it's necessary.

Haha so far there've been several alternate realities. My own Dystopic Blades was played as a game but the events weren't gamelike. There've been some touchstones with the topic in the Day of 1000 Styles short stories, but right now off the top of my head: Digital Dragons (Also, incidentally, by me lel.)

And yeah it's MSPaint's pencil brush. I love it, really. I come up with fun ideas with it. Sometimes it doesn't work out quite well though. The feel is different.

Domo, and I hope my output isn't the harbringer of an upcoming burnout lel.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: November 05, 2018, 03:10:51 PM »
Hard agree that drawn sfx have better personality. Wait, didn't I do a workshop on that at one point? hrm...

Jeez, I feel sick and clock out for two days and all this is what I get when I come back. I should probably stop talking about how much I need to get my butt in gear and should maybe just go work on Reset or something.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: November 05, 2018, 03:15:29 PM »
Comic sans is tolerable. I think only out of its overuse has it become taboo, rather than its actual usability :P

that is a gorgeous finished piece. at least you know you have the ability/methods to finish. but seriously that's like the neatest piece of work I've ever seen you produce haha
you should try and make at least one here and there though. like for chapter title pages or something.
method is a thing and a half though.

I probably need to drop my quality to make manga pages. trouble is I get too serious. I need to churn them out with less OCD :P

yep Paint is usable, its just the application. Occasionally I trace other better artists work, and find that my piece is also (obviously) higher quality. which means it's just my own lines that are wrong and not the program.

and wow I did not know about all those different brushes! I had a play around and I agree that pencil one is the best for sketching.

I doubt you are on a route to burnout, but you need to make sure you get satisfaction from your work, so a few finished pieces or manga one-shots here and there will help you on the way while you are grinding. that's advice I need to take as well. I have a list of things/inspiration I can study when I run out of inspiration. I've been using it to keep my ideas coming for stick figure poses. It's part of that book I mentioned I was writing, not sure if I want to make it public yet in its infancy.

yup after a while you do start to get a general feel for muscles without  needing to know too much. Your knowledge becomes more and more accurate as you go along.

Aha I'll have to have a read of those when I get the chance.

@mahlua yeah I start to end up thinking and talking a lot more about drawing than actually doing it haha.
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: November 05, 2018, 03:56:00 PM »
Development hell is a bad bug. Hope you get out of it Mahlua. No better time than today to get things done *says hypocritically*

Haha I doubt that's happening man. It's just not me.

OCD is useful in it's own ways. If I was OCD I'd be better at technical stuff for sure, even technical drawing.

And yeaup, I'll try to learn as naturally as possible.

@Mahlua yeaup there was actually a workshop for that. Fun times. And do eet. You wrote a lot for Reset so it'd be a shame to let it be.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: November 05, 2018, 05:10:39 PM »
Well, as far as Reset goes, it definitely looks like you should be seeing another chapter of that up tonight-ish, and it might be a long one.

As far as development hell goes, I think it's due in part to that this will be the first week of me working full time and will also be my first appointment, which I may get referred to someone else for. My art life often shows something about my real life, and all the stalling is no exception. And here I thought "art is a reflection of life" only meant that drawing from life was good for you... >.>'
Haha signature go brr.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: November 07, 2018, 07:44:09 AM »
Switches on 'University student mode'

'Art is a reflection of life' tends to mean 'You can't understand a piece of work until you understand who the artist was and what time they lived in.' Which, with all the funky truths of subconscious affecting your every decision may very well be true, but one of my holy grails of being a great artist is 'the ability to make a piece of work completely divorced from yourself. As if you're channeling another world through your hand rather than influencing everything because of your personal preferences.' I feel if an artist can do that they can make the best villains and the best characters all in all.

I'll hop onto Eworld soonish too. 

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: November 07, 2018, 07:50:34 AM »
As if you're channeling another world through your hand rather than influencing everything because of your personal preferences.
I struggle to make evil villains because I feel bad making such a bad person lol. I try and detach myself from my work sometimes and it's often alright results. Sometimes trying to draw in another person's style is much more effective than trying to disconnect myself completely (connecting to something else instead)

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: November 11, 2018, 04:54:08 PM »
Exacta haha.

Been having a slow minute. Anyhow dug up an old comic that I'd planned to do for MR-DTS. But lel I have so many other projects I should be doing though.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: November 11, 2018, 06:58:31 PM »
If you ever need help writing a villain Suuper, just listen to the emperor's speech at the end of Return of the Jedi. It always was gets me pumped up to embody some dark side for a little while.

@Lego: I can definitely see a quality jump between then and now. Have you put any mind into redrawing some old comic pages you've done?

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: November 12, 2018, 03:05:12 AM »
@Coryn I'll keep that in mind

@lego it's great to rediscover old artworks and projects, have fun squeezing it in with all your other projects! Love how the disciplinary task force is all female (hows how much they trust the male members to enforce order and discipline XD)

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: November 12, 2018, 08:53:57 PM »
Geez, and one day you'll look back at your current art and feel the way you do now about the page you just found.

Good ol' MS Paint though...
Haha signature go brr.

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: November 13, 2018, 05:30:40 AM »
 There are art anatomy lessons vids that go into every layer of muscle. Depends on how far the artist wants to take it Don't need to know every muscle in the body. I think knowing just the muscle groups helps.

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
  • Beware! Danger of sarcasm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: November 13, 2018, 02:55:18 PM »
Haha, I see you're on art still too! Good to see. I know that feeling of having too many projects at the same time. Started using trello trying to get an overview of what I started and what to do next, but ... yeah.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. (S. Hawkins)