March 28, 2024, 03:55:42 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Legomaestro's Art Box  (Read 314736 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Legomaestro's Art Box
« Reply #1920 on: June 12, 2018, 06:55:22 PM »
Refs make the world go round. Hahaha damn well I guess it didn't function as well as I thought it would.

@Ovium I'm slowly figuring out I'm almost able to draw the weird thoughts I have in my head rather than being restricted by construction and the like. I need to hone the skill later to make my characters more interactive and stuff...

@boss I've got the Bamboo Fun CTE 450. It's a reliable piece of hardware, but damn I wish I had a Huion or Haruhi forbid a Cintiqu-samaa

I need to get a bigger one too at a point though. Will be looking forward to your stuff, and don't worry about it: Just focus on drawing and improvement happens. Also ask for advice from the better artists on the forum and they'll be sure to help ye out.

@Mahlua coolbeans, coolbeans

lel where is her thumb

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: June 12, 2018, 07:25:21 PM »
Everyone gather 'round to see the Thumbless Woman! She can't open jars!

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: June 12, 2018, 09:27:07 PM »
Love the second picture, it feels very anime. Definitely can see it in a comic, manga or even anime.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: June 13, 2018, 06:12:48 PM »
Haha cheers devola. All I know is that he's a fire priest, nothing more than that. Tis a high complement though thanks.

@Coryn You've got to see how she uses keys on doors, it's quite a feat when you think about it!

Redraw an old char

I realize a lot of my favourite moments in making art is when I'm tied up in some random collaboration or making world building art for some community project and the like. This was from a 'swordswomen' theme challenge with Austa. I look forward to stumbling upon more.

Introducing Lessa Letum, wielder of the sickle sword Homicidium

She's a punk girl who enjoys using her mechanical knowhow to build deadly weapons and modify her motorbike that she loves riding around in. Because of the rough life she lives she found herself in more than one knife fight where the other guy had a gun or a better weapon than her, so she started making Homocidium. From then on the rest was history.

More of a brawler than a technical sword fighter, wielding her blade still takes imprissive amount of skill. But if you love bikes and heavy metal then she's your friend.

Blood Type: O

Dislikes: Cars, walking

Strengths: B+ Sword fighter. A+ Mechanic

Weaknesses: C Social Skills, Lazy (Prefers riding bike all the time)

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: June 14, 2018, 04:23:57 PM »
seriously where on earth do you get your ideas from, for names, and character backgrounds and personalities and stuff?????
must admit that is a cool weapon, would look great with a chain connecting the two parts rather than a rope or whatever.
Spoiler
also the breasts got bigger in the redraw like loads lol
she aged a couple of years there :P
Spoiler
wait, since thats a character from 3 years ago, this is what she would look like now?????? woahhhhhh @_@
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: June 15, 2018, 03:16:41 AM »
Thats is one cool sword design!

HOMICIDIUM. Nice name!

Facebook       Patreon

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: June 15, 2018, 06:20:24 AM »
Awesome weapon concepts Lego, I feel like they'd be great in a fighting game! You've got enough characters to make a pretty gigantic roster by now haha

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: June 17, 2018, 02:18:38 PM »
Oh the roster is positively a population by now. It's amazing how scrap paper can boost your mileage. It was a funky time when I filled pages and pages of random characters and came up with stories on a whim. Good times.

You ever done game programming devola?

@Walter haha I love the sword too. I wish I could use it. *Watches Youtube craft videos*

@suuper I saw this ages ago and am still humbled by your response haha. It's actually a steel rope, but aesthetically hell yeah chains would work better. I do a lot of seventhsanctum esque plot-making off the top of my head. I wish I had a larger vocabulary and knowledge of history but basically I make word assosciations, pick stuff I like mix and match and have fun.  It can be pretty formulaic, but I'm always inspired by stuff like Fire Brigade of Fire that has several different powers for the same concept of 'fire'. Thank the heavens for permutations haha, it makes making characters interesting.

Spoiler
Oh gawd I sub-consciously added more boob than intended. No she's the same age and all hahaha. Dammit I never thought the day would come where I'd exaggerate boobs.

Hannah Hawthorne. Pyropath and singer. Green is her favourite colour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUC2EQvdzmY

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: June 17, 2018, 03:34:47 PM »
And the award for the best music video I've seen for aong ass time goes to...

You definitely need to incorporate more close up detail shots. Don't shy away from breaking up pages with those changes in zoom.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: June 18, 2018, 06:27:47 AM »
Bleach is the best with dramatic close ups. Right now I want to focus on zooming out though to level up my backgrounds a little. It's so hard to show the scale of an explosion without em.

And dude yes that music video is AAA. The cinematography is worthy of an award haha.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: June 18, 2018, 07:44:23 AM »
Truly. But you know, it's no good to concentrate on something to the point where you're neglecting other things.

Offline VOYA

• Voyager
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: June 18, 2018, 10:37:18 AM »
Bleach is the best with dramatic close ups. Right now I want to focus on zooming out though to level up my backgrounds a little. It's so hard to show the scale of an explosion without em.

And dude yes that music video is AAA. The cinematography is worthy of an award haha.

I agree, now that you mentioned it I can see the inspiration in your work. However yes don't forget the backgrounds - although if you're following Kubo style neglecting them won't be so bad lol! He enjoys negative space and likes to contrast white empty space with intense chars, along with his cool cross-hatching style. But yes some panels a la establishing shots (if you're doing panel work) will demand backgrounds as you know already  :dance:
Hey there, I am using WhatsA- ... oh

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: June 18, 2018, 12:51:20 PM »
I like the pose on the third.

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Coach Fro

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: June 18, 2018, 06:26:51 PM »
Run the Jewels is such a dope rap duo.

And more close up shots indeed. You actually pull em off pretty well.
Messatsu...

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: June 25, 2018, 04:48:04 PM »
I like the way some of the simpler backgrounds are rendered in Bleach to give materials like concrete etc. Its given me a few ideas along the way. I much prefer the rich, tight backgrounds in, say, Blue Exorcist though. Very cool.

I've been reading fire brigade of flames too, very cool (as usual had to google the English name cos I only knew the Japanese lol). I see what you mean about word associations, I think. Gotta get out of my comfort zone bigtime.

Good bad jokes.
Those afros, though. Cant avoid them, can you? :P
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!