December 13, 2018, 10:57:43 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Legomaestro's Art Box  (Read 100408 times)

Offline MahluaandEggnog

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
Re: Legomaestro's Art Box
« Reply #1860 on: December 16, 2017, 12:27:44 AM »
Yeah. I learned the eye-level thing from a book, but application is always the hard part. I also don't think I've ever really had a paid commission, but I have been asked to do art for gifts and stuff. Does that count?

Offline yulemaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has nice snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: December 16, 2017, 12:33:56 AM »
Yeah I mean, that's exactly the sort of thing pro artists put a foot down on and say 'no. pay me monehs. If you like what I draw then vote with your wallet'

Moving tomorrowish.

Offline GreenTrap

• Ronpa Ronpa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: December 16, 2017, 12:51:26 PM »
Sword Of Gods:

I don't think I've ever seen anything resembling a mish-mash of One-Punch-Man (especially with the protagonist), Book of Eli (dat setting tho) and... book of Mormon? (With those bowl cut community folks in the end.)

...And that's why it's so cool  :dance: I look forward to reading more pages, when will the next one be out?

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: December 18, 2017, 09:06:43 AM »
I have been asked to do art for gifts and stuff. Does that count?

No

I agree with Lego. You can't call yourself something other than an amateur until you have been paid for a comission. Or sold a painting.

No, selling them to your mom doesn't count.  :noyoudon't:

Facebook       Patreon

Offline The SlamJam

• Artist
  • Does the censor work here? *censored*, *censored*? Ok?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: December 23, 2017, 05:02:04 PM »
I have been asked to do art for gifts and stuff. Does that count?

No

I agree with Lego. You can't call yourself something other than an amateur until you have been paid for a comission. Or sold a painting.

No, selling them to your mom doesn't count.  :noyoudon't:

I disagree entirely. Identify as whatever you want. If the majority of people are telling you, "Hey, your art is past beginner level", then it's probably true. Hell, i've done commissions and i dont consider myself professional, even though by your standards that's all it takes.
check me out on instaslam https://www.instagram.com/artslammer/

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: December 24, 2017, 02:23:26 AM »
Identify as whatever you want.

I identify myself as the greatest artist on the planet. Does that make me that greatest artist on the planet?

i've done commissions and i dont consider myself professional, even though by your standards that's all it takes.

Nope. I never said that. I said you can't call yourself a professional if you have never been paid for art. I didn't say that you become professional the moment you get paid for art.

Facebook       Patreon

Offline The SlamJam

• Artist
  • Does the censor work here? *censored*, *censored*? Ok?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: December 24, 2017, 04:44:57 AM »
Identify as whatever you want.

I identify myself as the greatest artist on the planet. Does that make me that greatest artist on the planet?

i've done commissions and i dont consider myself professional, even though by your standards that's all it takes.

Nope. I never said that. I said you can't call yourself a professional if you have never been paid for art. I didn't say that you become professional the moment you get paid for art.

If that is your general belief in yourself, then it's true for you. There are plenty of artists who can be considered professional despite not making money. Say for example, a Banker has a pretty good job working for his bank. In his free time, he helps out a local charity with free comissions to help them spread their cause. In this example, he has never sold a painting, but is still a professional. Attaching a monetary 'X' point to a label for an artist is silly. Similarly, aesthetic is in the eye of the beholder. If people say, "Hey, i like this persons art, i'd like to keep reading this web comic", then i'd say that's professional artwork. Someone like Sara Anderson is making comics, they are professional and she makes bank from them. Despite this, the artwork isn't some incredibly high skilled, technical piece.
check me out on instaslam https://www.instagram.com/artslammer/

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: December 24, 2017, 08:34:20 AM »
Art is different because even a 10 year old kid can make some drawings and post them around. That doesn't make him a professional artist.

For me "professional" would be at a level where you are making some regular income from art.

Facebook       Patreon

Offline yulemaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: January 14, 2018, 04:09:14 PM »
For me "professional" would be at a level where you are making some regular income from art.

That's what I am aiming for my side. But it is done, the move is complete, the burial shall begin.

Sword Of Gods:

I don't think I've ever seen anything resembling a mish-mash of One-Punch-Man (especially with the protagonist), Book of Eli (dat setting tho) and... book of Mormon? (With those bowl cut community folks in the end.)

...And that's why it's so cool  :dance: I look forward to reading more pages, when will the next one be out?

Those are very kind words Green Tap. Hahaha Mormon.

It's interesting you mention OPM and Eli. Love those two works. One because the art encourages me to be able to make something, and Eli because it had such a simple dystopic plot that I can never get enough of, no matter how many iterations of the same thing I see.

The next chapter has been quite slow, but if there's interest then sure I'll post it when it comes along.

Right now I'm just trying to get to my feet again. Legendary art block. Those things are fun, eh?

Spoiler

mouse + paint stuff
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Offline MahluaandEggnog

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: January 14, 2018, 04:18:36 PM »
Not bad for mouse work! Good to see you back around, my friend. Sadly it looks like coming around Tuesday-ish I'll be falling off. Mark me, though, if this semester goes as I plan, I'll probably be either reading my required materials while in transit most of the time or I will be drawing in that time. I will make it a point to try to be more like you in that regard.

Offline yulemaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: January 14, 2018, 04:21:06 PM »
Well that's just my luck, seriously? Haha it feels like every time I get back on the train everyone else steps off. I'd take offence but I am a man with no feelings *sob*

Ah, well, careful of the burn out, but really, it's the only reliable way sometimes - to just keep at some little regimen so you dont end up having done nothing for centuries on end.

Good luck getting back into the fray of school life

Offline yulemaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: January 19, 2018, 08:04:14 PM »

Gunna, possibly a character from my abandoned story, ARMS.

Berus, Kommander of the Crypt Knights, a macroorganisation in some dystopic city that prides itself on having members cloned from the genes of a well known dictator from the late 22nd century.

Relax with heavy metal

Tessik Rezmin - Coffee drinking gun and sword wielding gal with a few psycological issues.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 07:21:05 PM by legomaestro »

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: January 23, 2018, 01:29:31 AM »
I like Berus! And the clothes of Gunna  :thumbsup:

Facebook       Patreon

Offline yulemaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: January 28, 2018, 06:23:13 AM »
Chapter 3 of Swords Like Gods. I was on a haitus for days and forgot how to draw my characters haha! I really need to have a sheet stuffed away somewhere for that sort of issue. But it looks like I'm officially on the storyboard train. It's a life saver to know how the comic goes when you weren't in the mood for so long that you forgot how the chapter was supposed to develop.

Chapter 4 is already waiting in the wings... For the day I get motivation for it again. If this reaches Chapter 5 then I'll make a topic for it along with Penance I suppose... And talking about Penance, I've got to storyboard the last 3 chapters for that one.

previous 2 chapters

« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 06:26:59 AM by legomaestro »

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: January 28, 2018, 07:29:51 AM »
Nice! Monster fight incoming?

Those are some very good landscapes.

The text in the very first page

"you do know how scary look right?

Don't you mean

"you do know how scary it looks, right?"