March 28, 2024, 04:46:38 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Legomaestro's Art Box  (Read 314737 times)

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
Re: Legomaestro's Art Box
« Reply #1830 on: November 22, 2017, 07:11:16 PM »
Hey hey! Looks like with me home for a couple of days and you having recently posted something, the old crew might have a small reunion before winter break yet!

If anything, it's more the FPS on the animation that confused me a little, but I have to say, I'm proud of all the work you've put in. Can't wait to join you on those exploits soon, although I'm sitting with about eight research books over my head for a term paper.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Killer B !!SAMA!!

• I GOT U THERE PERVERT AJUSSI
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: November 23, 2017, 05:26:54 AM »
Very cool action there bro hhha the sketches hav so many characters in it cool,btw leg what app did u use on animating the castching a bullet hha  i havent post for months hhha i hope i can follow this awesome works soon

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: November 26, 2017, 11:54:19 AM »
I used mspaint and windows movie maker. I should've paid a heck of a lot more attention though haha. It turned out quite iffy.

Get off that damn game you're playing and make some arts, Killer! Haha

@Mahlua! She lives! Research books huh. Any of them happen to be even remotely interesting or is it hell all the way down? Either way, wish you luck with that. School has been scalping me as well, and exams are around the corner so yeh that's always fun.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: November 26, 2017, 03:29:24 PM »
I mean I'm basically researching Hieroglyphs for a linguistics project and for Medieval Lit I'm doing a project on the narrative of race relations between the Middle East and Anglo-Christian societies, explicitly how stereotypes perpetuated in medieval literature continue to appear in modern medievalist fantasy media, such as the Gerudo race in the Legend of Zelda franchise.

But, yeah, good to be back.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: November 26, 2017, 03:48:44 PM »
I only understood Midde East and Christian there. Gerudo race sounds like a fantasy name haha. Wow.

Well... Have fun? Haha.

Online Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: November 27, 2017, 08:01:24 AM »
school and college are always scary places when it comes to producing work or exams :P I'm glad i got that all off my plate now. best of luck to the both of you, well, that is,  work hard enough so that luck isn't an issue :P
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: December 14, 2017, 09:04:21 PM »
Indeedy. Well, done with exams so I've got to see how that turns out.

I've been storyboarding on paper recently and had a really productive 2 chapter streak for a side-comic I just came up with. I ran out of buffer almost immediately and need to storyboard some more, but it was really fun to see how little I needed to stress abotu making pages because i knew how they were supposed to turn out.

mspaint + tablet is also tempting as hell now, since I could draw faster. Still, I lose a lot of my spontaneous when I use a tablet haha.

Anyhow, 2 random chapters of Swords Like Gods

« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 11:32:31 PM by legomaestro »

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: December 15, 2017, 08:39:11 PM »
Seems like an amazing fight is coming up!

Facebook       Patreon

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: December 15, 2017, 10:16:13 PM »
Congrats on the comic! Everything looks good here...and really grown up for the starter gallery. The perspective on the buildings is something I particularly like about your works. I'm sure once I start sketching back up, I can start doing something similar, maybe. The story is pretty simple, but I kinda like the quirky flow of it.

Some of the panelwork is a little odd, though, like saying "hup" before standing up (as it would be said while standing up, so it might fit better in the frame with him standing), or the couple of times you make a new frame for a small movement and it's difficult to tell what exactly is supposed to be different. Efficiency is key.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: December 15, 2017, 11:46:25 PM »
You know, I do enjoy dumping on my art quality but I suppose I'll just move to the main gallery for practical reasons - I still refuse to call myself anything other than a starter though. Until I can get a paid commission of any price done I'm a nub for life.

I screwed up the page order for the second chapter. On the odd similar panels thing it's something that I like to do to show the passage of time and that characters are actually just standing in the same character shot. At the least it can be used to show subtle emotional expressions, but at it's best it can be used for nice horror jump-scares where the character was still talking even as some freaky abomination appears within frame at super speed and stuff haha.

(Also I'm lazy and don't need to post much in the second panel)

I'm glad the experiment went well actually. I lost steam as soon as I lost my storyboards but I was clocking 4 pages a day at a reliable rate for about a week. Fun stuff.

You can definitely nail the perspective thing Mahlua. I mean I still remember your chairs and your porch drawing. Your sense is better than mine. All I can actually give as a tip is learning 1 point perspective. I put a dot on a page and drew so many cubes I finally understood in my bones the simple relationship: Anything above eye level - I can see the bottom, Anything below eye level - I can see the top. I'm still only at cubes. Forget about visualizing organic or round forms in space. Still drives me crazy ehehehe.

@ Walter I hope I get to draw one. Fight scenes equals more white space. But I think ther'll need to be a lot more dialogue and exposion during the next chapter, if I ever get around to doing it ehehehe.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: December 16, 2017, 12:27:44 AM »
Yeah. I learned the eye-level thing from a book, but application is always the hard part. I also don't think I've ever really had a paid commission, but I have been asked to do art for gifts and stuff. Does that count?
Haha signature go brr.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: December 16, 2017, 12:33:56 AM »
Yeah I mean, that's exactly the sort of thing pro artists put a foot down on and say 'no. pay me monehs. If you like what I draw then vote with your wallet'

Moving tomorrowish.

Offline GreenTrap

• Ronpa Ronpa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: December 16, 2017, 12:51:26 PM »
Sword Of Gods:

I don't think I've ever seen anything resembling a mish-mash of One-Punch-Man (especially with the protagonist), Book of Eli (dat setting tho) and... book of Mormon? (With those bowl cut community folks in the end.)

...And that's why it's so cool  :dance: I look forward to reading more pages, when will the next one be out?

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: December 18, 2017, 09:06:43 AM »
I have been asked to do art for gifts and stuff. Does that count?

No

I agree with Lego. You can't call yourself something other than an amateur until you have been paid for a comission. Or sold a painting.

No, selling them to your mom doesn't count.  :noyoudon't:

Facebook       Patreon

Offline a

• Does the censor work here? *censored*, *censored*? Ok?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: December 23, 2017, 05:02:04 PM »
I have been asked to do art for gifts and stuff. Does that count?

No

I agree with Lego. You can't call yourself something other than an amateur until you have been paid for a comission. Or sold a painting.

No, selling them to your mom doesn't count.  :noyoudon't:

I disagree entirely. Identify as whatever you want. If the majority of people are telling you, "Hey, your art is past beginner level", then it's probably true. Hell, i've done commissions and i dont consider myself professional, even though by your standards that's all it takes.