October 14, 2019, 05:43:42 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Legomaestro's Art Box  (Read 119344 times)

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
  • Topo Gigio
    • View Profile
Re: Legomaestro's Art Box
« Reply #1485 on: February 23, 2016, 08:05:52 AM »
Oh boy. Ha ha, nice. Ya again I know I gave you an overly tricky one in terms of background! I like the guy with the very large ears, did you draw him on the Larry Pine storyboard to?

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: February 23, 2016, 08:10:51 AM »
Yeaup. It's because I know no other body types!  I really need to expand my visual library on that front. Crowds are murder man haha

I had a question though. What are softlines?

Offline Manimal

• Topo Gigio
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: February 23, 2016, 08:12:38 AM »
Softlines are the carpeted sections of a store, basically clothes. No one likes to do softlines.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: February 23, 2016, 08:21:30 AM »
Hahaha aren't they easier to carry though?

Offline Killer B !!SAMA!!

• I GOT U THERE PERVERT AJUSSI
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: February 23, 2016, 08:33:25 AM »
the background is an eyecatcher men and the girl, lego brotha be patient on putting girls body parts haha i like the crowds also its a good read but 1 page only the faces looks good the body needs to put some shape on it  :D

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: February 23, 2016, 08:37:08 AM »
Girls are impossible to draw man haha... I'll try though

Offline Manimal

• Topo Gigio
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: February 23, 2016, 10:35:11 AM »
Hahaha aren't they easier to carry though?

In description it sound easier but it's actually a bit of a pain, nothing has a set place, it's all very loose and it's just a different way of stocking then normal stuff, good way to burn a lot of time though. You can spend all day folding messed up clothes.

Oh ya and shoes. No just no.

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: February 27, 2016, 09:09:51 AM »
very nice perspective on the scene in the top panel. the shading gave a nice depth to the scene.

only one gripe, some speech bubbles are hand drawn and some are....whats the word...."not hand drawn", like proper ovals. i think if you used one or the other it would look more consistent :P
although you did only use the ovals for speech where there was no arrow so there is some consistency there :P

ermmm just wondering if you werent sure how to draw a speech bubble with the little arrow, you can draw a normal oval and then erase a tiny part, and add the triangle towards the person speaking. just a thought if thats the reason :P
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: March 29, 2016, 06:30:55 AM »
I think I'll try to keep the consistency next time. Though my actual font is wonky, the disconnect really is a problem

Ah yeah, I found  that out from a webtoon that I like, but still they look ugly. How do you even make the speech bubble itself look smooth?

Anyhow here's the page Manimal, after centuries. I didn't even put all the dialogue in! But I'm glad I could get it done at last. It was really bothering me for a while there.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Phew, had a real nasty block again. I keep on shooting myself in the leg and am unable to continue drawing. I'm trying to push forward and increase productivity and stop second guessing myself, so I'm putting all my grievances on nearby slips. It frees up enough of my mind to keep on drawing a page.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 10:29:18 PM by reX »

Offline Manimal

• Topo Gigio
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: March 29, 2016, 07:26:21 AM »
Ho ho, here we have it. Nicely done Lego, I know this one is tricky, especially to visualize the position of the shelves but I think you've done alright! I suppose you can see why I didn't want to make this comic, so many little details to put in like the stuff on the shelves and what not. and then the carts themselves.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: March 29, 2016, 07:56:23 AM »
It's pure murder man. Though the notes I put down are self deprecating as always they exist in my head and are horrifying to deal with. You have any tips on that front? References were what helped me but man oh man, the gulf of inexperience is too much.

Glad it was passable haha.

Offline Manimal

• Topo Gigio
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: March 29, 2016, 09:06:33 AM »
Tips on how to draw backgrounds? Um...I dunno man, I sent you a PM on this before but it didn't have much valuable info. You just have to put as much effort into it as you do the characters because the background is a vital part of a comic. It's the place where the characters live and putting in lots of small details and stuff will greatly help make the comic more lively. Drawing stuff like shelves are a major pain because you have the draw the stuff on them to. For that I would put a kinds of silly stuff and details because I see open space like that as a chance to goof off. I love drawing bookcases because I get to go crazy on the names.

But like for helpful tips, jeez I dunno. Start small and build it, break it down, lines, shapes, um...frick man it's hard to describe and I'm no master at it either but I'm trying. You need references but you can't always find the exact shot your looking for so it's tough. I'm still learning so I don't know what ta tell ya.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: March 29, 2016, 09:09:28 AM »
I'm wondering if 3d backgrounds may be the way to go. Can I ask your opinion on the backgrounds in this webtoon?

http://www.mangareader.net/black-haze/18

It's simplistic and contrary to usual webtoons uses hand drawn backgrounds. It uses gradients and textures more than anything to give life to the backgrounds, and I think it looks ... functional. (Aeons better than mine at least and nothingness haha)

Offline Manimal

• Topo Gigio
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: March 29, 2016, 09:39:24 AM »
3D backgrounds are pretty lazy, you shouldn't cheap out like that instead of learning to do something. If you're short on time, fair enough, but it's no substitute for learning I think.

This webtoon has simple backgrounds but the use of depth of field adds a lot, I think they do their job in this story though I feel the overall layout makes for a lot of wasted empty space which I am not overly fond of. But the backgrounds are alright, again lots of texture.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: March 29, 2016, 10:05:01 AM »
Eeeeh but they look so clean and perfect!

I see what you mean. The author is creative with how he draws the characters in relation with the background.