October 18, 2019, 05:42:46 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Legomaestro's Art Box  (Read 119596 times)

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
  • Someone who will tell you what you need to hear
    • View Profile
Re: Legomaestro's Art Box
« Reply #900 on: April 04, 2014, 10:27:42 AM »
i feel like there are times you continue to force a style you cant master because youre too stubborn to go to basics.

you draw too fast. i can tell you have no control of your strojes and you rusb excessively for someone who has no control. you dont even use an putline to at least give proper proportions.

i can tell this drawing took less then 2 minutes.
Stop playing victim....you know what you did.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: April 04, 2014, 10:40:18 AM »
I actually used a pencil and inked over it, going wild with the strokes as I listened to a song on repeat so it was more than that. I wish I could work that fast.

Sketchiness is just a style that I really love drawing in. Trying to emulate Ashley Wood, and I'll be doing a lot more in this vein. I know that proprotion and perspective and all that is important too, but I'm going with this for now.

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: April 04, 2014, 10:53:38 AM »
deja vu lego. be honest. will you ever improve?

you have no ambition to improve, not even a little. youre not even emulating Ashley Wood's style. have you seen her style? although on ocasion adds jagged lines she doesnt do it anywhere near the level you do. his proportions are balanced. its not smooth but his style still meets the basics. he also does alot more oil paintings.

you are not emulating his work. you may claim youre trying but you arent. roght now youre so below the mark. and you need to try to improve.....this style you claim youre trying to pursue is doing more than standing still its making you go backwards.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: April 04, 2014, 11:02:19 AM »
I'm not doing it perfectly, but I am taking notes. These are the drawings I did after copy-drawing some of his others.

I know that even though his work is impressionistic he does have some fundamentals down, I noticed that from his work on Tank Girl.

I'm not as fired up as any of the famous mangaka, but it's not like I have zero ambition. It's not like I've stopped looking at basic construction just because of these drawings.

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: April 04, 2014, 11:15:46 AM »
its not like youre doing anything with it either. youre far from perfect. get real and admit where you stand at this point.

youre not even close to his style. i dont care what you claim you are doing. i know youre not or i know youre not putting effort into it as much as you make it sound.

improve.........you know how....say yes or no. and not expecting a fake yes with the word "eventually" being spoken at the back of your mind. impressionist have to learn what appears around them. you cant just draw a lopsided barely recognizable human and call it impressionism.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: April 04, 2014, 11:45:56 AM »
It's a yes but old habits die hard, and  I do like to explore other avenues even though I don't grasp them as I should. Nevertheless I always try to keep the important technical stuff in mind.

There is room for improvement, several years of it in fact of which I'm aware. I'll keep an open mind
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 12:44:31 PM by legomaestro »

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #906 on: April 04, 2014, 01:22:35 PM »
Loved that comic you're working on, that girl is hilarious xD Your paneling is pretty good imo, I can't panel for shiz ;_; ...
Is this just a random story or is it one of your main projects? It seems like a gag mixed with action/adventure? You don't get enough of those anymore.

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: April 04, 2014, 02:17:13 PM »
It's a yes but old habits die hard, and  I do like to explore other avenues even though I don't grasp them as I should. Nevertheless I always try to keep the important technical stuff in mind.

There is room for improvement, several years of it in fact of which I'm aware. I'll keep an open mind

theres room to improve within an hour heck even 15 mins. and it goes wasted.

and you didnt answer my question....will...you...ever improve?

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: April 04, 2014, 02:32:59 PM »
Not sure what you mean exactly. I'm better than when I started so I assume the trend will continue.

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: April 04, 2014, 04:44:38 PM »
unless you got stick figures when you started i dont think you have mqde much progress

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: April 12, 2014, 08:10:54 AM »
I am aware

Loved that comic you're working on, that girl is hilarious xD Your paneling is pretty good imo, I can't panel for shiz ;_; ...
Is this just a random story or is it one of your main projects? It seems like a gag mixed with action/adventure? You don't get enough of those anymore.

It's just a random story Kage, but one I want to finish, I'm terrified of trying to ink them though. The genre is actually drama fantasy, and it actually descends into downright violence at the end. Do you get what's happening so far?

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: May 07, 2014, 05:29:31 AM »
Spoiler

"transcript"
Shelly *Gesturing with her spoon: Heard so much about you. Like, even though you're a Chosen One...

*Kevin Kross is emotionless

Shelly: You ruthlessly kill your enemies... You demand rewards. Basically you don't act like a hero at all

*Kevin Kross answers as Shelly digs in

Kevin: You probably wouldn't understand but... I can't afford to be naive... Doing what I do costs money. As it is I'm living from hand to mouth... I also can't risk evil rising again, or spreading vital information of my progress. All I do, I do it for my mission. I am only an instrument to destroy evil. It doesn't matter how I turn out in the end.

Shelly *smiling: I know... And that's why I like you... I'll be joining your quest... Kross.

If I make two more pages I think I'll really finish this idea off.

Art dump
Spoiler
Spoiler
[/URL]

Spoiler

Spoiler

Concept: Unreasonably Big F-ing Sword. A boy reverse engineers and weilds two mech swords using control gloves. He carries them around in a big truck across a desert wasteland, and is supported by a team of technicians who maintain the system. Fights are short because of his overpoweredness.

Test page
Spoiler

A Korean manhwaka has this cool webcomic I wish I could understand, but all he uses is line and the occasional shading and colour here and there. He makes sure to bound everything in definate shapes. I like that style too. Minimalist.

Spoiler

What I imagine to be the hero-coats of MR. We probably look like quincies

« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 02:30:25 AM by reX »

Offline everlastin01

• Learning/attempting writer
  • Working on story and practing things
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: May 07, 2014, 08:06:06 AM »
Dat fro....

:sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep:
Coryn's assistant

and Rouge Student (Galactic Raiders)

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: May 07, 2014, 08:49:03 AM »
Yeah, yeah we probably would. I can imagine the coats would change in styling depending on when you achieved hero status

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: May 07, 2014, 09:08:01 AM »
Hehe, and the world building continues. Cory sketching some outfits would be just perfect haha.

@ everlastin respect the fro. It grows according to power level.