October 18, 2019, 05:44:17 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Legomaestro's Art Box  (Read 119597 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Legomaestro's Art Box
« Reply #840 on: March 13, 2014, 12:50:49 PM »
Bluh bluh bluh!

Just tried drawing over some pencil gestures for once. When it comes to the microns I don't think i'll ever sketch directly... too scared for that.

Saw some Jim Lee stuff and just wanted to draw buffness. But phail! I'm still fond of it though. Also used pencil

"Sort of NFSW what with the... chest shot and all..."

Went commando on all of these. I have a bad habit of tilting drawings to the left. I'm also using a glitchy ballpoint pen (although I imagine it would not change much.)

Just going all over the place really. I'm eyeing various artists and techniques, and it's devestating on my choices haha. But I've figured to just keep on drawing and stuff until I know which direction to head.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 01:58:24 AM by reX »

Offline Rojas

• Stay Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: March 13, 2014, 01:45:40 PM »
I've always liked your art style, but you still need to work on anatomy in general D:. Just a couple things are out of proportion. As well as stiff characters. For instance the guy with horns in the first drawing and his leg. I love your art style just needs a bit of tweaking :p. Keep it up.
I hate you ^_^

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: March 13, 2014, 02:37:48 PM »
Thanks Rojas, and yes indeed on all fronts. I'm exploring the traditional and fast learning how different things are haha. Well a step at a time I guess.

Wanted to reach this level of draftmanship https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152742130798636&id=662333635&set=a.10150191583533636.380704.662333635&refid=8&_ft_=qid.5990331398976613835%3Amf_story_key.-1226705521718205367&__tn__=E&fbt_id=10152742130798636&lul&_rdr#s_58086586d1e2965b053f47cc8b28a20a

Dude doesn't usually use an eraser when teaching his classes, he he shows so much dimension in his drawings. Anyways, all I can do now is try to increase mileage. At the very least I hope when I return to digital I'll be that much better at drawing... haha

Offline Rojas

• Stay Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: March 13, 2014, 10:38:19 PM »
Always always, I'm here to watch you improve my dear friend. I wish you the best in your studies as always. Also keep those stories coming ;3. I forgot the answer, but I remember you were talking about a story in which a woman was stuck on a floating piece of land in the water which held her home where the world had pretty much flooded over. Ever come around to doing anything with that?
I hate you ^_^

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: March 14, 2014, 07:07:23 AM »
Haha oh that one! Nothing happened past the first chapter. If I have time I'll eventually get to it, since i've been writing 1000 words a day, and i'm using that idea to plug words into my various stories. Heh, well the actual story was more weirder than that (she's in a house... floating in water since the galaxy has been flooded with water... Um... Yeah.) Thanks again!

Post Merge: March 15, 2014, 05:21:05 AM

Spoiler

still trying to find a way to lightly put down lines so that i'm able to draw over them. I've done it before way back when but i forgot how.

Spoiler

Simon

Spoiler

This is Haine (sp) from Blood: Bullets and Carnage. I'm very interested in this high contrast art now. They show 3d dimension with barely any shading. Of course, black ink comes in a lot to do that, but they still manage to show a detailed gun with line alone. On the top left i was just seeing how the hand matched to the waist. 

Spoiler

Lego again. Was trying to draw with reference to an image from Katanagatari. That artist sure knows how to make things look simple

Spoiler

In a challenge with a friend to draw cyberpunk. I'll try drawing something else apart from this one. This is Velley. She has a spike weapon... and that's supposed to be a digital eye

Spoiler

Marx  v1. and v.2 Ideal hero proprotions are really lanky it seems. 

Spoiler

Refrenced from young Juha Bach. Kubo! You shall teach me that shading technique one day... but not today.

Spoiler

Just some gestures... My scanner is acting up

Spoiler
#

Last two referenced from sekigan.tumblr.com. Love the images those guys come up with

« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 02:05:34 AM by reX »

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: March 16, 2014, 07:48:51 PM »
Oooh, somewhat improving on the lines and anatomy. Keep it up!
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/star-lock

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #846 on: March 17, 2014, 07:39:58 AM »
Thanks Rojas, and yes indeed on all fronts. I'm exploring the traditional and fast learning how different things are haha. Well a step at a time I guess.

Wanted to reach this level of draftmanship https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152742130798636&id=662333635&set=a.10150191583533636.380704.662333635&refid=8&_ft_=qid.5990331398976613835%3Amf_story_key.-1226705521718205367&__tn__=E&fbt_id=10152742130798636&lul&_rdr#s_58086586d1e2965b053f47cc8b28a20a

Dude doesn't usually use an eraser when teaching his classes, he he shows so much dimension in his drawings. Anyways, all I can do now is try to increase mileage. At the very least I hope when I return to digital I'll be that much better at drawing... haha

Drawings like that sure look easier than they are to do. I think the key is a good knowledge of where things fit so that it can be called upon easily :l Gawd... I need to get back on the anatomy-saddle but it's just so haaarrrd T-T

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: March 19, 2014, 03:10:23 AM »
I'm telling you, studying anatomy from the angle of 'i want to learn anatomy' and concentrating on the science of it is just draining. I'd rather go the life drawing route. But I've discovered using a master's techniques to build up a figure is important. I want to be able to draw from my mind when I like. I may end up having to visit loomis again

Offline Rojas

• Stay Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: March 19, 2014, 09:38:22 AM »
Anatomy, the the first stump in the artist's world.
I hate you ^_^

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: March 22, 2014, 04:25:41 AM »
I'll just become a surreal artist or something. Anyways, I need to seriously be making manga sometime in this century. At least I'll have some focus.

Just sat down and decided to draw, getting out of yet another artists block

Eleena. Drew heavy inspiration from Tsutomu Nihei. Gotta love his cyberpunk stuff

Meh Mech

Legomaestro. He has decided to grow longer hair. Still in a trenchcoat though

Lego again. I should've shaded behind him. And here is the classic left slant of my drawings. I only notice it when I'm done. I should do the mirror thing DB-sensei suggested.

Beo. Rhymes with Theo. His sword is an energy slicy thing, so imagine a super flexible and unpredictable light saber. Yeah, not fun to fight against.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 02:09:02 AM by reX »

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: March 23, 2014, 02:58:42 PM »

"Dialogue"

Lego: So, I'm going to die one day?

Root: Yes. Of course... Everybody does... It's the natural way of things

Lego *Blank expression*: ... I .... No...

Lego *Desperate* : But... The future isn't set in stone right?   So there's a chance-!

Root: No. You'll most certainly die. (I am your root, so I know all these things.)

Lego *Gesturing to himself*: But I can't Die! Not me-

Root: Why?

*Lego's eyes widen

Root:- Because you are you? Because you are the protagonist of your life? You are only an instance amongst a multitude. And like them one day...

"Dialogue 2"

*Lego interposed with his skeleton. Hand limp*

Root: You will most certainly Perish

Legomaestro visiting his Root, a tree manifestation that can tell you everything about yourself, your origins, and your eventual end.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 02:11:24 AM by reX »

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: March 23, 2014, 03:10:36 PM »
*sets my root on fire*

*censored* that.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: March 23, 2014, 03:12:29 PM »
Haha, the ultimate spoiler. I though Coryn would be calm in the face of that though

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: March 23, 2014, 03:15:54 PM »
No one should be cursed to know when/how they will die. That implies that fate is set in stone, and I aint about that.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: March 25, 2014, 01:11:32 PM »

Lego

Random CS fanart of sorts. Forgot to put the symbol and im pretty sure he wasnt solo when confronting Shiro (the poor bastard)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 02:12:56 AM by reX »