October 18, 2019, 06:31:41 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Legomaestro's Art Box  (Read 119599 times)

Offline Demonfyre

• The beginner, the martyr, the loser, the victor.
    • View Profile
Re: Legomaestro's Art Box
« Reply #780 on: January 05, 2014, 09:58:02 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EPNYWeEf1U

^Use this video series, and then try to apply it to heads to get some perspective. Tis a great video series.

Can't argue with that. There's no excuse to get around fundamentals.

Why don't you practice them then.

(Couldn't resist)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 10:27:50 AM by Demonfyre »

Offline revivedlikejesus

• Didn't take ME 3 days.
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: January 05, 2014, 10:01:05 AM »
I actually think learning from the great mangamasters is just as helpful as learning from real life fundamentals.
There's a reason Tezuka is seen as the greatest, and father, of manga. Why are we trying to reinvent the wheel? We are trying to become mangaka! We should look at the greatest: Tezuka, for inspiration and execution.

Saying he's outdated is just denying the roots of the art you are determined to practice. I like what you did Lego! Kubo is a great example of good execution in manga nowadays.

I like kage's advice, try to read some of Tezuka's best works, and emulate his anatomy and style. Hopefully you'll become as prominent and important for manga as Tezuka-sensei was!

pls die for your own sins

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #782 on: January 05, 2014, 10:25:51 AM »

We're going a bit off topic here, but I'll gladly answer. I'm presuming you're judging this from my activity on the forum(in terms of posting art) and I don't blame you, I don't post often. But that doesn't mean I don't practice these things in private. But I admit, I don't practice enough, I have no excuse for that except that I was having some fun winging it. I've been planning for a few months now to seriously study the fundamentals and I start in february. You may take me up on that offer, it'll give me more determination ^_-

Offline Jamie

• Deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: January 05, 2014, 10:30:54 AM »

We're going a bit off topic here, but I'll gladly answer. I'm presuming you're judging this from my activity on the forum(in terms of posting art) and I don't blame you, I don't post often. But that doesn't mean I don't practice these things in private. But I admit, I don't practice enough, I have no excuse for that except that I was having some fun winging it. I've been planning for a few months now to seriously study the fundamentals and I start in february. You may take me up on that offer, it'll give me more determination ^_-

If you're trying to tell me that you practice any of the fundamentals in your spare time, I will tell you right now that's a lie.

http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s648/KagePen/PAGE02_zps8d19e093.jpg
Head shows no basis in realism whatsoever. If it did, the Jaw would collapse at the mouth, The eyes would be following the same lines (Ie, not being *censored*ing independent of eachother) and the anatomy would actually start to exist, instead of being hovering masses of bull*censored*. Even if you only practised a little, you'd be 10x better than you are currently.

"I'll start in ferbuary" means that you lack motivation and will keep making excuses like the lazy artist you are.

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #784 on: January 05, 2014, 10:38:09 AM »
I have no idea what's got you so riled up but this is not the place to discuss my works, you may take your criticisms to the appropriate topic(s) and your accusations to the PM system.

Offline Callesthe

• On a quest to conquer all man-anuses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: January 05, 2014, 10:40:11 AM »
I have no idea what's got you so riled up but this is not the place to discuss my works, you may take your criticisms to the appropriate topic(s) and your accusations to the PM system.
It's the evil warrior spirit m8.

Offline Jamie

• Deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: January 05, 2014, 10:41:15 AM »

No accusations, just observation and truth.

Anyway, keep on wasting time lego. Symbols are clearly the way to go.

http://goo.gl/E7TqaZ

Offline revivedlikejesus

• Didn't take ME 3 days.
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: January 05, 2014, 10:43:56 AM »

pls die for your own sins

Offline DXDEVIL13

• I really hate ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: January 05, 2014, 10:50:28 AM »
Umm guys I don't think you should fight here.....BREAK IT UP!!! :P

Offline Jamie

• Deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: January 05, 2014, 10:51:23 AM »
Umm guys I don't think you should fight here.....BREAK IT UP!!! :P

Fightmeirl.

[15:50:28] Jamie:

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #790 on: January 05, 2014, 10:52:29 AM »
That's cute. I'm glad you guys are having your fun.

Offline Demonfyre

• View Profile
« Reply #791 on: January 05, 2014, 10:54:17 AM »
That's cute. I'm glad you guys are having your fun.

Ur wlecom c:

Offline Thy Obsessive Freak

• From a freak of society
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: January 05, 2014, 01:15:24 PM »
Just great, would guys stop fighting, flaming and trolling all at once in a moderator's thread? I may as well bring a bar brawl right into an officer's police station... Which I may as well go and do because I think that's funny.

Offline Demonfyre

• View Profile
« Reply #793 on: January 05, 2014, 01:21:27 PM »
Just great, would guys stop fighting, flaming and trolling all at once in a moderator's thread? I may as well bring a bar brawl right into an officer's police station... Which I may as well go and do because I think that's funny.

pls stay on topic

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: January 05, 2014, 01:33:15 PM »
Okay, please stop the harassment. It's off topic and only breeds animosity. And please keep yourselves in check within the rules of the forum in the future. Please.

Note: TOF and DXDEVIL13 Thanks for pointing it out, and it's really appreciated, but it's better to leave such notices or concerns to the moderators.

Um, I'll reply to every post that was sorta addressed to me as I saw them I guess.

@ Musick yesss, join me in the dark side
@ Kage exactly what i'm doing actually haha. I've always loved the boxy chins of his original style. I've printed two old school chapters and two newer ones from the Deicide volumes
@ Lorenx I do realise that. I actually enjoyed kubo's style, but I won't stick with that for sure. I want to see if the same sort of thing happens in other manga as well. Right now I'm considering CLAMP's newer works, but i'm still working through the 4 bleach chapters i've printed. I'll move from heads to facial features and maybe even necks at the last part of my studies.
@Lorenx and Kage yeah so basically i'll do a little of both. I'm not sure which Tezuka work i'd try otu though if i went that far

@Demonfyre I don't wanna! Anatomy is boring it makes me cry-  Naw just kidding I know how important anatomy is, but I've got to have this little rebellion or i'll just crash and burn.
Yeah  bullcrappy sounding statement if there ever was one - but on the bright side it's the first time i've actually done a study or anything while taking notes of things I should improve. If I can keep up a regular schedule maybe when I finally man up and tackle anatomy I'll be that much better at regular practice *shrug that's the best I can say.
Proko vids nice. I already subscribed and... didn't watch anything at all haha. I'll watch this tomorrow mornin thanks.

@Sairyou thanks a lot haha. I appreciate that.

@ Jamie  will have to buffer for like a century and a half on that vid. The title seems interesting though. As for time wasting: If I meet an epic fail at the end of this road, then I'll have learnt something in the end ala Thomas Edison and his hundreds of failed attempts. If that doesn't convince you then i'm blocking my ears now and going lalala http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O1_3zBUKM8

In general thanks for the input, and feel free to share some more on whatever you think about it.