November 26, 2020, 01:35:27 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Legomaestro's Art Box  (Read 167836 times)

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
  • Someone who will tell you what you need to hear
    • View Profile
Re: Legomaestro's Art Box
« Reply #765 on: January 05, 2014, 04:49:14 AM »
i wouldn't suggest it. Bleach even in the early days was pretty unique to Kubo. and that becomes even more clear if you read Zombiepowder. either way, try picking up series less dragon-ball-inspired manga and try out more of the modern techniques that look much more advance.

Stop playing victim....you know what you did.

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #766 on: January 05, 2014, 05:31:10 AM »
You're right in that something entirely new is a good choice. If the new generation was was inspired by naruto or bleach that'd just lead to more unoriginality. I suggest, and I stand firm on this, going back to the roots and finding another path. I'm sorry to suggest Tezuka, I know I probably seem like I'm obsessed with him, but there is a reason. Tezuka isn't lightly coined as the Father of manga for nothing. Before his works manga didn't have deep story lines, not even shojo manga(yes, he even fathered shojo manga). Now to skip to the point, let's look at the origin of Shonen manga. After being in the War, Tezuka had become exclusive to the his trademark theme: The preciousness of life. Now, the main reason Tezuka developed Shonen manga was to reach out to the teenagers to mend the mentality that was ruined by the war. He wanted to reinstate values and dreams in them to secure a brighter future for Japan. That is the one true theme of Shonen manga. That is what makes it top of the market. And as long as there is new generations, shonen manga will never die. Now that you have the theory, you need to learn the practical. As long as your art is cool and original you'll be fine. Research what teens find appealing and move from there. But, even though bleach is popular, is copying it going to make your 'style' original? Well, you can learn from it, but you won't be doing anything new. So go back and look at what was going on in between tezuka's astro boy and toriyama's Dragonball, that was the build up to when 'mainstream' battle manga was formed.

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
  • Someone who will tell you what you need to hear
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: January 05, 2014, 06:47:27 AM »
Teuka is an amazing artist, but now too much artwork has evolved so much that its not always recognizable to Tezuka. also note that Tezuka wasn't the only one who build the manga industry, although Shotaro Ishinomori provided more on the live action sentai (power rangers in the american version for those who dont even know a thing about it) provided the artstyle that's closer to modern series. including one of the popular series Cyborg 009.

emulating or trying to get inspired by his work in these times isn't going to do much good. jeep in mind tezuka being a god of shonen manga, is no more than elvis being god of rock. you could like elvis, and he's a classic, but trying to get inspired by his work in modern times, amy not fit the bill anymore.
Stop playing victim....you know what you did.

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #768 on: January 05, 2014, 08:47:18 AM »
Tezuka's work sure is outdated. The only thing I actually like about it would be his beautiful depictions of nature. But I was referring to his story writing in my previous post, it never hurts to learn from his story writing skills.

Offline Demonfyre

• The beginner, the martyr, the loser, the victor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: January 05, 2014, 09:37:39 AM »
@KuboVsBleach -
Or you could reference real life, like all other artists do

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #770 on: January 05, 2014, 09:42:46 AM »
Can't argue with that. There's no excuse to get around fundamentals.

Offline Demonfyre

• View Profile
« Reply #771 on: January 05, 2014, 09:58:02 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EPNYWeEf1U

^Use this video series, and then try to apply it to heads to get some perspective. Tis a great video series.

Why don't you practice them then.

(Couldn't resist)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 10:27:50 AM by Demonfyre »

Offline revivedlikejesus

• Didn't take ME 3 days.
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: January 05, 2014, 10:01:05 AM »
I actually think learning from the great mangamasters is just as helpful as learning from real life fundamentals.
There's a reason Tezuka is seen as the greatest, and father, of manga. Why are we trying to reinvent the wheel? We are trying to become mangaka! We should look at the greatest: Tezuka, for inspiration and execution.

Saying he's outdated is just denying the roots of the art you are determined to practice. I like what you did Lego! Kubo is a great example of good execution in manga nowadays.

I like kage's advice, try to read some of Tezuka's best works, and emulate his anatomy and style. Hopefully you'll become as prominent and important for manga as Tezuka-sensei was!

pls die for your own sins

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #773 on: January 05, 2014, 10:25:51 AM »

Why don't you practice them then.

We're going a bit off topic here, but I'll gladly answer. I'm presuming you're judging this from my activity on the forum(in terms of posting art) and I don't blame you, I don't post often. But that doesn't mean I don't practice these things in private. But I admit, I don't practice enough, I have no excuse for that except that I was having some fun winging it. I've been planning for a few months now to seriously study the fundamentals and I start in february. You may take me up on that offer, it'll give me more determination ^_-

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #774 on: January 05, 2014, 10:38:09 AM »
I have no idea what's got you so riled up but this is not the place to discuss my works, you may take your criticisms to the appropriate topic(s) and your accusations to the PM system.

Offline Callesthe

• On a quest to conquer all man-anuses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: January 05, 2014, 10:40:11 AM »
I have no idea what's got you so riled up but this is not the place to discuss my works, you may take your criticisms to the appropriate topic(s) and your accusations to the PM system.
It's the evil warrior spirit m8.

Offline revivedlikejesus

• Didn't take ME 3 days.
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: January 05, 2014, 10:43:56 AM »

pls die for your own sins

Offline DXDEVIL13

• I really hate ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: January 05, 2014, 10:50:28 AM »
Umm guys I don't think you should fight here.....BREAK IT UP!!! :P

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #778 on: January 05, 2014, 10:52:29 AM »
That's cute. I'm glad you guys are having your fun.

Offline Demonfyre

• View Profile
« Reply #779 on: January 05, 2014, 10:54:17 AM »
That's cute. I'm glad you guys are having your fun.

Ur wlecom c: