September 23, 2020, 06:06:27 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Legomaestro's Art Box  (Read 157534 times)

Offline Suuper-san

• Professional Overthinker
  • We'll see.....
    • View Profile
Re: Legomaestro's Art Box
« Reply #1995 on: November 17, 2018, 10:21:36 AM »
btw GIMP is good for beginner level (and pro?) animations, if you use the pencil tool it feels like MS paint so you'll adjust real quick. I also use https://ezgif.com/maker for compiling my blink animation frames and other stuff where GIMP frames would be a pain.

if you had a premade grid in a random colour in MSpaint, you could use that to help align different frames when drawing stuff, then delete all the grid once finished by filling the grid colour and deleting.

other than using vector animation, I think MSPaint wouldn't be much slower than any other hand drawn animation software to be honest. most of the effort is in actually producing the frames methinks.

talking of MSpaint, I found this tutorial while browsing just now
https://nerdparadise.com/mspaint/opacityoverlay
also https://nerdparadise.com/mspaint/randomtips
that last tip on the second one is insanely useful, even for me.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 10:31:08 AM by suuper-san »
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: November 17, 2018, 11:28:30 AM »
Oh the GIF maker will be useful, and there's this dude who made awesome animations using GiMP on deviantart. CT Chyrsler or something if I recall.

I'll keep my eye open for more mspaint tutorials. There must be something that appeals to my kind of drawing.

@Walter B Haha well it seemed like a fun idea at the time.

General dump.

Warden. An optional hero from For Honour

From my stream

« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 01:11:12 PM by legomaestro »

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: November 17, 2018, 01:41:58 PM »
Getting woken up when dreams get good sucks!!

Facebook       Patreon

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: November 17, 2018, 01:44:43 PM »
Indeed. It should be a crime.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: November 17, 2018, 02:13:31 PM »
Honestly though, good, but unfinished dreams have probably done more for my creative output than anything else. Nothing like brainstorming how the dream would have ended to get the juices flowing freely.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: November 17, 2018, 04:51:51 PM »
Damn I missed your stream! Good hustle man, you keep getting better and better. Warden mains for life  8)

Offline Suuper-san

• We'll see.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: November 18, 2018, 04:31:23 AM »
nice sketch dump, and great character designs.
I like the sequential one although I can't follow it too well. reminds me a bit of Manhwa style manga.
I think lately you're shading a lot more of your characters than before, so it's make them feel more finished. liked the cape one and the knight one. well I liked them all. your characters are all so real and different.
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: November 18, 2018, 08:00:42 AM »
domo. Oh no those were just thumbnails with no relevance to the other.  Haha for the sake of difference I sacrifice a lot of proportion. But I'll get a handle on that some time. I hope.

@Devola wait a minute you speak as though you play For Honour!? Lies! We should team up and breach some castle walls together some time.

@Coryn I see your point there. I'm having a lot of lucid dreams lately and they beg to have stories written for them .

Offline Suuper-san

• We'll see.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: November 18, 2018, 12:42:33 PM »
that explains the lack of coherence between panels. They sort of looked like they went together though :P
I think it's better to sacrifice proportion for originality. you can always fix up an original idea to have better proportions, but it's a lot harder to make an idea more original.

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: November 18, 2018, 04:24:32 PM »
Hell yeah man, hmu if you're down to play! I'm awful at For Honor though, more of a Siege guy haha.

Offline Coach Fro

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: November 21, 2018, 08:49:06 PM »
Lego my friend, the level of detail you've been implementing in your art lately is really inspiring. The level ups don't stop, do they?

Good stuff man! Really liked the Lego in a rpg sketch. Fun little idea you got there.
Messatsu...

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: November 22, 2018, 06:28:46 PM »
Hahaha I sure hope that's the truth coach. I sure hope so.

After seeing homestuck mini-RPGs its always been a dream to see an MR RPG. But first... The VN. Then that. Maybe. Hopefully. We'll see.

@devola I shall call upon you for assistance. I'm dying badly in R6 ranked. I'm so bad lol.

@suuper you're condoning a dangerous path for me, but who am I kidding I would've done it anyways haha.

also I did a vid trying to prove something (or nothing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPt5VvdX_0w

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: November 22, 2018, 07:02:42 PM »
Lego, quick question, asking for a friend: just how tired we're you when you made that video? You sound like you're going to fall asleep a few times.

Neat ninja dude though.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Suuper-san

• We'll see.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: November 23, 2018, 06:30:48 AM »
Cool characters in the video, and good to get a behind the scenes of your workflow. do you always draw like that, or was it something you were trying out for the video?
and cool guy with cards. I like how you use a lot of black in your drawings. I must try out MSPaint some more.

and you are completely right about your observation, that's why I tend towards dissing how-to books, tutorials and the like. While you can learn some things from them (some more than others), you will always fall short because they physically can't teach you all they know, with experience comes a 6th sense of what and how to draw something that just can't be explained without learning the whole subject yourself. "super-artists" similarly have reached an apex of sorts in that regard.

I think "talent" is perhaps related to how quickly you can memorize things and fill up your library, as well as not having inhibitions about being bad so you're able to explore styles freely.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: November 23, 2018, 11:52:10 AM »
Exacta.

Haha you're also angry at how-to books huh? Man I was pissed after I finished Loomis and didn't become an art-god. Oh gawd that darned thing was thrown at my face ad-infinitum and when I finally caved... Crickets. (Was still useful but not as useful as I'd hoped).

The thing is I keep on getting super excited when I see a tutorial with the nice simple construction. I'm like "Yesss I'll finally be able to - nope still looks off somehow."

No, this is not always how I work. I usually start with the head (though I heard the chest is better because it determines the whole pose. The spinal curve and all that. Followed by legs, hands and then head. But I love anime so head with anime eyes is my favourite lel). And I don't think I've used a stick figure in ages. I'll try it. Seems preposterous not to attempt it even once.

I'm so bad with tones. Ah, I've tempted you to mspaint I see. Funny thing. I've become a traitor to mspaint a bit. Stay tuned.

@Coryn Well... Yes. Also my damn neighbour dammit. I'll vodka up one day and start singing to the rooftops until we have a confrontation. Please God give me a room with good internet and neighbours who don't mind me talking to people on skype at night. Please?

I betray MSpaint with Photoshop CS2

Guh. Something about her hunching over bothers me lel. Felt weird to colour again, and everything looked so muddy. But holy crap I forgot how smooth it feels to work with pen pressure. I literally forgot that existed hahaha. Even a ballpoint pen seems more versatile than MSpaint at this point. But I'm still addicted to it. I'll see.