June 19, 2018, 02:56:10 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Kohaku's Improvement Gallery. C and C ENCOURAGED!!  (Read 49 times)

Offline KohakuRiver

• View Profile
Kohaku's Improvement Gallery. C and C ENCOURAGED!!
« on: June 17, 2018, 08:50:34 PM »
Hi I'm a first-time poster. Call me Haku. I love anime and manga. I've been mostly doodling since I was a kid but I want to get a bit more serious. I really want to focus on anatomy and coloring. I have a lot of stories I've written and a  comic idea, so later on once I fix plot errors I will post most of it up.

I have a work in progress right here. Just a sketch and some beginning stuff. I really want to fix the shape of her back but I'm not sure how. The background is supposed to be at a beach. I used a reference which really helped with the pose but I can't really get the back. I guess I'll come back to it tomorrow and I'll probably be able to fix it. :tongue:

Spoiler

Here is some finished stuff I did quite a while ago. I just need to get back into the groove. If you guys have your own threads let me know.
Spoiler

« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 09:10:02 PM by KohakuRiver »

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Kohaku's Improvement Gallery. C and C ENCOURAGED!!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 08:55:52 PM »
Welcome! Sorry, but we don't allow links until you'veade 25 posts, and we ask that all images be embedded (you did good with those three finished works)

Please also introduce yourself in the welcome center! It's the best way to let people know who you are and that you've arrived on the scene.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline KohakuRiver

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 09:08:41 PM »
Oh okay, thanks for the FYI, I will update it.
It's nice that you like those old pictures. I made them about 2 years ago! But they're the most recent finished thing I have sadly. After my sketch though thats all gonna change!

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 11:39:59 PM »
Oooooh that newbie trademark of the gradient sky background on that red-headed girl's image. It's so nice to see people's journeys. I know some of my first posts are broken links now but I've had my days that are worse than that, that's for sure.

As for the sketch you have right now, I wonder if the neck is wide enough, or if the legs (particularly the one further from the viewer) are crooked. Maybe I'm just seeing things or you're still sorting out the anatomical details. Ah, well. Sketches will be gross. That's the way it goes.

And if your sketches aren't gross are you really an artist though?

Offline EffulgentFirefly

• Student writer with no other talents whatsoever
  • Spectating until I'm invited into a game
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 09:23:28 PM »
Your backgrounds are sweet. They fit with the theme of each image too, which is nice.
I'm too shy to initiate... But I'm open to anyone else doing it. Just tell me if you need to say something :D