October 18, 2019, 06:46:52 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Writer Discussion Table  (Read 109559 times)

Offline Akane

• Hermit
  • All suffering is caused by one's incompetence.
    • View Profile
Re: Writer Discussion Table
« Reply #1425 on: July 03, 2015, 01:22:29 AM »
Wow, that escalated really quickly. I think I'll just sit in the corner to avoid making anoth argument  :ninja:
Hidden.

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
  • Someone who will tell you what you need to hear
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: July 03, 2015, 01:26:27 AM »
Akane, you're not really helping yourself if you're only going ot comment about that, and not continue the constructive side, or at least make a new topic of yourself. Must i repeat myself a 4th time since the main comment is in previous post?

i think most of you know how to improve too...I just don't see why you all trying to find an excuse NOT to improve.

It doesn't look good when one cant understand "adequacy" and "perfection". granted perfection isn't 100% possible, but it shouldn't stop any one to aim for perfection from what you do know. You know character development, proper pacing, and clear sentences is what helps make an adequate story.

The rest is making sure you convey your thoughts clearly.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 01:31:05 AM by Lorenx1 »
Stop playing victim....you know what you did.

Offline Akane

• Hermit
  • All suffering is caused by one's incompetence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: July 03, 2015, 01:54:41 AM »
Yeah, well, you see, errmm...I have the feeling I shouldn't add this but,

Akane, you're not really helping yourself if you're only going ot comment about that, and not continue the constructive side, or at least make a new topic of yourself.

When did I say I wanted to be on the constructive side? Even though I am and I can completely follow what you're and despise it when people want to make excuses for themselves, it doesn't neccessarily mean I have to say anything about it. Yes, this is a manga creation community and it was most likely made to do what you're doing, telling people the right thing (yeah, meaning I'm not really playing my role as a MangaRaider), but by the time someone says 'No' to your advice, you have to leave it at that. I kind of understand why you made a topic about wanting to leave this place, seeing as you're always giving advice and people don't want to accept it. In this case, turn your head, flare your nostrils and say 'You can drag the horse to the river, but you can't make it drink' or something along the lines of that. No offence, though, to the people with differen opinions. You aren't horses, you're humans
Hidden.

Offline Lovus Eternius

• Firstborne INC. Grandmaster Chief Chief Executive Officer
  • Firstborne INC. Making life great again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: July 03, 2015, 01:58:08 AM »
AND I AM BACK.

Now. Let's discuss my latest story. Link is in my signature. Let's try to help me improve.

I'd like a few questions answered from a beta-reader's perspective.

Did anything make you laugh? Did nothing make you laugh, did you find anything interesting, or awesome. Do you have anything to say about the realism of the whole thing... or the time frame it takes for things to happen? Is it too cliche to have action so suddenly, or does that make the chapter intersting? I just picked up the script style of writing... so try to be not too harsh.

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
  • Someone who will tell you what you need to hear
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: July 03, 2015, 02:05:42 AM »

When did I say I wanted to be on the constructive side? Even though I am and I can completely follow what you're and despise it when people want to make excuses for themselves, it doesn't neccessarily mean I have to say anything about it. Yes, this is a manga creation community and it was most likely made to do what you're doing, telling people the right thing (yeah, meaning I'm not really playing my role as a MangaRaider), but by the time someone says 'No' to your advice, you have to leave it at that. I kind of understand why you made a topic about wanting to leave this place, seeing as you're always giving advice and people don't want to accept it. In this case, turn your head, flare your nostrils and say 'You can drag the horse to the river, but you can't make it drink' or something along the lines of that. No offence, though, to the people with differen opinions. You aren't horses, you're humans

its more that the forum has endorsed immaturity, and the mods just don't know what to do when someone is clearly trying to cause problem, rather than avoid it.

THe forum had stopped trying to move toward maturity. It allowing members to be abusive. Overall though, in the other forum (granted not 100% about manga), is alla bout improving, and doesn't have to blow up in immaturity. the person normally gets shunned.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 02:12:25 AM by Lorenx1 »
Stop playing victim....you know what you did.

Offline Wasted_Dragon

• View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: July 03, 2015, 02:38:55 AM »
I think we should all stop bein super cereal and go to the MR beach trip thread.....not cause I'm bored and have nothing better to do or anything.

Offline Operative13

• Self-Proclaimed Writer and Anime Enthusiast
  • Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: July 03, 2015, 03:10:21 AM »
@Wasted_Dragon
I'm guessing we're all stuffed into that bus(es?) for the sake of inflating attendance... not implying I hate the beach or anything...  :sure:

AND I AM BACK.

Now. Let's discuss my latest story. Link is in my signature. Let's try to help me improve.

I'd like a few questions answered from a beta-reader's perspective.

Did anything make you laugh? Did nothing make you laugh, did you find anything interesting, or awesome. Do you have anything to say about the realism of the whole thing... or the time frame it takes for things to happen? Is it too cliche to have action so suddenly, or does that make the chapter intersting? I just picked up the script style of writing... so try to be not too harsh.

Give this man a medal! I haven't laughed this much all day!  :D

I remember Crackhead Johny writing something along the lines of this style... imagine a duet with the both of you! It'd be a killer!  :biggrin:
“To give of oneself is the noblest of all acts.”

Offline Wasted_Dragon

• View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: July 03, 2015, 03:45:48 AM »
@Wasted_Dragon
I'm guessing we're all stuffed into that bus(es?) for the sake of inflating attendance... not implying I hate the beach or anything...  :sure:

According to Coryns' setting? yes. Anything goes? I guess so. What should we write? {input evil laughter here}

Offline Operative13

• Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: July 03, 2015, 03:47:15 AM »
Plans for World Domination via Harem Scenario?   :sure:

Offline NO1SY

• Bartender for the MR Pub's Happy Hour!
  • Life is LOUD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: July 03, 2015, 03:50:04 AM »
^^ Ah but then you have to get roped into working at a beach cafe for the mess you cause...

Oh wait... that was Squid Girl...

Erm... how would a harem scenario be a plan for world domination!?

Offline Operative13

• Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: July 03, 2015, 03:52:40 AM »
Simple! Conquest of all the women in the world! The one who rules the gene pool... rules the world  :ninja:

Offline Wasted_Dragon

• View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: July 03, 2015, 03:53:09 AM »

Erm... how would a harem scenario be a plan for world domination!?[/size]

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou was like that I think, if I recall correctly lol. It's been a while.

Offline MisterSherbetLemon

• The MangaRaiders Political Correctness Enforcer...Ha!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: July 03, 2015, 04:43:08 AM »
Wow sparks have been flying while I slept o.O

To the beach thread for happy times then!

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: July 03, 2015, 09:20:07 AM »
I thought I made it clear last time. You 2 don't speak publicly, period. Doesn't matter the reason whatever unless it's a life and death situation. Even if it's life and death just call a mod. So there shouldn't be a next time since this is the second warning. Whoever speak first to other person directly or indirectly get a vacation. And other party Must report it rather than reply or both get a vacation.

Sorry guys but there's nothing else we can do about it. You 2 guys simply can't get along and I don't to have a next time. You both guys are contribute forum in your own unique way and it's really great but just stay completely out of each others way.

It will be really unfortunate if I have to hand over temp ban for either of you since you both are good regular members.  But THIS does not happen again I don't care whatever the reason. Just don't make me do it. There won't be warnings for next time. and That's from right now after my post.

Use PM system if anyone have a question or anything.

I'm heading to this check this beach topic ...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 09:57:30 AM by Hasith »

Offline SwordHero16

• I am who I am!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: July 04, 2015, 04:35:51 AM »
You guys need to talk to each other about writing, not your own stories here. I learn that mistake and now I have the strong feeling to talk to others about their writing and mines too. I want to get along with everyone here.