October 18, 2019, 06:51:20 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Writer Discussion Table  (Read 109560 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Writer Discussion Table
« Reply #1320 on: June 20, 2015, 06:51:10 AM »
Haha nice. You know a lot of bands I know dude.

Wait who sang the Tesseract album?

Yeah man I say go for it. I was hounded by a constant annoyance with writing and it's been pretty devoid of fun for too long... And the annoyance was turning into anger. Honestly I was just going to say 'meh, haitus time' and start watching/reading stuff until I felt better. Was really ruining my days. Not saying I'm permanently on the right track, but I'm sure as hell having fun.

Just yesternight I added more words to Rosea estranged haha.

Offline NO1SY

• Bartender for the MR Pub's Happy Hour!
  • Life is LOUD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: June 20, 2015, 07:12:24 AM »
Ashe O'Hara was the singer on the previous TesseracT album, he is releasing an album with his band Voices from the Fuselage in 2 days, which I have preordered :)

I'm not angry, just not having so much fun :P

I await more of our random story of Rosea eagerly :D

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: June 20, 2015, 07:29:45 AM »
Ah I got the spelling wrong. I'll try listening to it, then

Offline Aozora

• The Not-So-Prolific Writer
  • Occasional writing - feel free to review
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: June 21, 2015, 11:34:21 PM »
@NO1SEY:

Haha I thought you'd be partying it up after graduating man :tongue: But yeah I can imagine it being hectic with trying to get grad school all figured out. I wish you the best of luck with that. Are you gonna do a Masters first or go straight to PhD? Maybe one day when you're a big shot scientist and I'm a doctor (hopefully) we can collaborate and work together :D

Yeah I get what you mean. I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish my story this summer but trying to set some goals so that I get my lazy self to do some work.

Yeah I saw the video. It was pretty fun :)....JUST DO IT!!

@Lego:

I was planning to self publish online through Lulu which is free. The only thing that may cost money is a nice book cover...but I was hoping a fellow Raider could help this artistically deficient person out on that end. I may be thinking too optimistically however :(

Hmm I can see there being truth to that. Rather than hoping to make it big with just one story it's better to have a bunch of stories to get your name out there. Makes sense man. 

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.

Check out my stories here: http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php?topic=12492.msg213349#msg213349

Offline SwordHero16

• I am who I am!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: June 29, 2015, 06:16:00 AM »
I decide to be back here after a long time because my mind is riddled with ideas for stories and I have lot of changes from my previous works and also being disatisfied with the unoriginallity that current anime and manga are going through that I want my stories to be more original but not too noticable.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: June 29, 2015, 06:43:42 AM »
Man cheers to you if you want to try for originality, but your stories tend to revolve around the same plotlines. Japanese and Americans and the differences in their culture. It's Ok to have a niche to write around, but you need to bring something more unique in your works.

Offline SwordHero16

• I am who I am!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: June 29, 2015, 06:53:09 AM »
I did say major changes, I'm now more writing about humanity's way of life between good and evil and how it will lead them.

Offline Akane

• Hermit
  • All suffering is caused by one's incompetence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: June 29, 2015, 09:52:09 AM »
I think everyone who wants to write manga needs to watch/read Bakuman. Is it really the truth about what goes on inside Shuuisha? Amd apparently, the reason why most of the famous animanga are little boys shouting out very catchy words that almost kill everybody for their nakama/tomodachi is because that's the main attribute the shounen jump wants. It got me thinking whether a lot of us are really suites for manga.
Hidden.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: June 29, 2015, 10:00:40 AM »
There's nothing wrong with simplistic plots. In fact the simpler the core the more you can work with. Hell, I've seen Harem anime done well. I've seen good vampire romance stories. In the end there's got to be a core genre that a reader can latch onto, and then you can go along remixing things as you want.

As for making stuff suited for manga my research isn't nearly enough to know. It's also one of those things you can only know if you talk to the actual people in japanese. I think Korean too could come in handy.

Offline Lovus Eternius

• Firstborne INC. Grandmaster Chief Chief Executive Officer
  • Firstborne INC. Making life great again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: June 29, 2015, 12:28:30 PM »
If I ever write a Harem Manga it would be like Vampire Rosario in the sense that it has a serious plot with comic relief and tons of action... that reminds me...

-goes back to Project: WAR NEVER CHANGES-

Offline SwordHero16

• I am who I am!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: June 29, 2015, 07:20:01 PM »
I really dislike harem in anime or manga if it's overused or showing up all the time, just one girl liking the MC is alright for me, the others are just close friends.

Offline Lovus Eternius

• Firstborne INC. Grandmaster Chief Chief Executive Officer
  • Firstborne INC. Making life great again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: June 29, 2015, 07:47:55 PM »
I really dislike harem in anime or manga if it's overused or showing up all the time, just one girl liking the MC is alright for me, the others are just close friends.
Harem is a genre. There is no such thing as overusing a genre. I would just like to say that... because I approve of harems... fictional ones.

...Then stroke my chin philosophically as I think about what insightful thing I should say next, while being passively arrogant and egotistical. Since that is my nature... I'M A MONSTER!

Yes... yes... you are a monster, aren't you? A freak of nature... an abomination... a mixture of all your experiences and then ultimately an object of nothing more than mortal pain and suffering. Laughing on the outside... crying on the inside... HA HA HA HAAAAA HUAAA HUA HUA HUAAAAAARGH! -inhales fly, starts coughing unontrollably-

Offline Operative13

• Self-Proclaimed Writer and Anime Enthusiast
  • Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: June 29, 2015, 08:00:40 PM »
^
You Sir, are mad. Outrageously mad. I approve of this outrageous madness.
“To give of oneself is the noblest of all acts.”

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: June 29, 2015, 08:02:54 PM »
Harem is a genre. There is no such thing as overusing a genre. I would just like to say that... because I approve of harems... fictional ones.

...Then stroke my chin philosophically as I think about what insightful thing I should say next, while being passively arrogant and egotistical. Since that is my nature... I'M A MONSTER!

Yes... yes... you are a monster, aren't you? A freak of nature... an abomination... a mixture of all your experiences and then ultimately an object of nothing more than mortal pain and suffering. Laughing on the outside... crying on the inside... HA HA HA HAAAAA HUAAA HUA HUA HUAAAAAARGH! -inhales fly, starts coughing unontrollably-

Terrifying

Offline SwordHero16

• I am who I am!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: June 29, 2015, 08:14:00 PM »
Any reason for girls to like the same guy? It's been used a lot over the years :P