March 29, 2024, 02:40:43 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Writer Discussion Table  (Read 317757 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Writer Discussion Table
« Reply #630 on: November 19, 2013, 12:14:27 PM »
Aw come on I like almost all of the characters in bleach.

Well perhaps Kubo's pacing crimes are connected to how he makes huge panels with little dialogue. I really wish he could try out one piece's methods for just a few chapters where war is involved. Lot's of dialogue, lot's of activity. The War at Marineford is the best example of this, but most epic one piece battles do a good job of following cannon fodder to minor characters to the mains.

Offline Nairbons

• A Rootin' Tootin' Cowpoke
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: November 19, 2013, 10:57:33 PM »
Yeah, I've heard a fair amount about Kubo's health problems. I guess I can forgive the guy for making work a bit easier for himself. I also like his characters a fair amount, too. It's just a shame that he keeps forgetting the established folks for the sake of introducing new peeps into the cast. Bleach really is a decent manga, but it does have a few flaws that push my buttons when I really put the show under a microscope.

Can't say I've ever read the One Piece Manga. The first time I was exposed to that particular franchise was through the 4kids dub, and it left a pretty nasty taste in my mouth. Maybe someday.

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
  • Someone who will tell you what you need to hear
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 19, 2013, 11:29:43 PM »
its not unheard of for manga artists to have health issues. but if it was to the extent of D.Gray-man's manga artist.

i can't stand one piece.......partly because everything thats ever revealed is like taken like a grain of salt. it "could" be relevant, or it could be just based under one. It doesn't take 4kids to ruin One piece it takes literally the first 3 arcs.
Stop playing victim....you know what you did.

Offline addg22

• View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 21, 2013, 11:35:15 PM »
Lol. Still one of the best 3
Read my story below tell me what you think! I need pointers !
Example: you need to add more detail in this scence i cant imagine it.! Thanks guys for reading !

http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,8760.0.html

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: December 07, 2013, 08:25:31 AM »
wooot! totally got my little flash fiction sci-fi story published at 365tomorrows.com I got rejected here once and it crushed me T-T

http://365tomorrows.com/10/14/future-war-3/

Not exactly topping the best seller lists but baby-steps right?

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: December 07, 2013, 08:43:02 AM »
I find it too early to publish. I see a lot of issues already.

If you got rejected, don't find another place to accept. Find ways to get accepted here first.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: December 07, 2013, 08:48:37 AM »
That's what I thought too. I'll keep writing until I get more likes for the story there now that I finally got one accepted.

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: December 07, 2013, 08:55:48 AM »
I suppose you forced your hand. Will you even be able to make revisions? The price of geeting accepted to early is when you finalize, your work looks worst than when you put in a place meant to be fixed.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: December 07, 2013, 10:14:09 AM »
I won't be able to make revisions there no. At least in terms of resubmitting. I could revise it elsewhere on my writing.com account, but in this case for this website I can only submit new different stories and hope they're better than this one.

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: December 07, 2013, 10:26:12 AM »
You stacked it against yourself. You should probably work on the story here before posting the final draft there. But...you won't be able to do much.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: December 07, 2013, 11:25:20 AM »
Most of them aren't exactly the anime manga genre anyways, so I write them out of the forum.

Offline Coach Fro

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: December 09, 2013, 12:05:16 PM »
Last week of School. Gotta hella stuff to write for my writing classes. I'm on straight clutch mode this week.

I Can't wait until my break tho. My partner in crime and I are going to be back on our manga grind. Gonna start reading more manga and try my hand in manga script writing. I'm gonna be using The Other Fro as practice. Then once that's finished then my partner and I can use what we learned from that and apply that knowledge to our more serious projects.
Messatsu...

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: December 09, 2013, 02:02:59 PM »
Sweet. Always good to get projects up and running.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 07, 2014, 03:04:03 PM »
An idea that popped up to me. Share your thoughts?

Endverse

Finally Armageddon came and passed. Souls were reaped, battles were fought and a final judgment took place where people were condemned saved or left in any one of the hells, purgatories and heavens that spanned across all existence.
     When all this business was sorted out time was meaningless for the longest of times. Thus, ‘Once upon a time’ is as accurate as it will get.

Once upon a time in heaven the angels and rescued souls were called into the presence of Z. The captain angel and one of the oldest ones in existence, as old as the devil himself. A highly esteemed spokesperson.
     The angel folk and the souls were a bit disturbed, but nothing more than that. It was very hard to worry about anything in heaven. They had long lost such for the lack of a better expression – ‘human’ – expressions. They came here knowing that something important was happening, but not how important.
     In hell the screaming was the same pitch as always. There was never a boring day down here. Pain it seemed could never get used to. Endlessly tortured in both body and soul there was a great immediate change in tone when the angel Michael arrived with a host to fly over the chasm. No one ran hell. There was no god here to watch the punishment. It was just a chasm that everyone had been thrown into, and any of their pleas were not to be heard.
     In the presence of the angels the souls were able to forget a fraction of their pain as they listened for what was obviously an announcement. Immediately, the single desperate thought came from most of them. One soul screamed out in desperation,
     “God has finally forgiven us! We’re free!”
     This myth had been perpetrated across time. That eventually, eventually God would have mercy and save the wretched souls.
     They waited for the confirmation of this tale. They waited with great pain in both body and soul.

And all the underworlds, purgatories and heavens in between, and indeed even some advanced alien civilizations that had stepped off the entire chessboard of things like soul and judgment on ‘good and evil’ All the smarter ones who figured out the awful truth suddenly had public announcements to make. It would be no surprise if this universal announcement was made by the leaders at the same time. Some phrased it differently though, in a way that baffled most of the listeners.
     “The world is ending.” Z finally said.
     There was a moment of silence as people looked at each other in confusion. One soul spoke up,
     “Excuse me, Z. What does that mean? The world already ended a long time ago.”
     Z wore a stony expression like he always did, “By the world I do not mean the earth, which has indeed perished long ago. I mean everything and anything. The universe.”
     “What?”
     The toneless expression of shock was repeated by more than one soul. Impossibly the thought rose to many of the audience’s mind, “Was Z making a joke?”
     That seemed an impossible thing to grasp as well.
     Z continued, “The universe is going to collapse in 2000 years. It has been going on for a long time now and God and all other spiritual entities in existence have attempted to hold things together for as long as possible, but finally it is too much. They will continue their efforts for the remaining time but the end result is inevitable. God found no reason to hide anything about the situation. This is all that I have come to say.”
     Z disappeared from their presence without a word.
     It is hard to describe the absolute all-encompassing terrific shell-shock that gripped the entire audience that was present at that moment. A free fall. The angels who had no human anatomy to speak of still felt like their gut was dropping. Some of the souls felt their hearts hammering with a vicious passion they hadn’t experienced in years.
     An angel fell to her knees and wailed. There was no sudden reaction to this. Everyone just heard her lament as it echoed across the golden city of heaven. No one responded to the wail for the longest time, and perhaps it could be heard even in places out of heaven.  7 days later it would be called The Lament of Agnes.

Offline Coach Fro

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: January 17, 2014, 09:16:57 PM »
Just read this bro. I'm definitely interested. Is this a potential project of yours? Also, does Z have a certain look to him? I kind of wanted a vivid description of him. That's just me tho.
Messatsu...