September 19, 2019, 05:54:24 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Writer Discussion Table  (Read 107527 times)

Offline Lirne

• The Shadow
  • Is it me or you?
    • View Profile
Re: Writer Discussion Table
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2010, 08:12:21 PM »
I have something, you should go to sleep. :O
Water, food, shelter are our needs but, should the internet be classified as a need?

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2010, 08:14:39 PM »
he does have a point. though if your dead set on staying up go to your favorite anime site and pick one you've never heard of before

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Tostificer

• Lord Conqueror Toast
  • Bigger they come, harder they fall
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2010, 07:50:17 AM »
Nah, I fell asleep even before Lirne's post.
Bros with Legomaestro since 2010. I think.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2010, 08:42:56 AM »
Good for you, toasty. I seriously had problems sleeping...
But as of now i'm attempting to write prologues to the story. I'll put them here for people to choose the best style.

Offline Tostificer

• Lord Conqueror Toast
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2010, 08:46:01 AM »
Hmmm, curious. Can't wait!

Offline Lirne

• The Shadow
  • Is it me or you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2010, 10:31:42 AM »
Haha, It takes me forever to write one chpater of my story lol. Still writing too.
Water, food, shelter are our needs but, should the internet be classified as a need?

Offline socks11

• Final Fantasy 13 :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2010, 12:47:32 PM »
Yay can't wait :D
If there was no change, there would be no butterflys.

My manga project:
http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php?topic=3208.0 http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php?topic=3221.0

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2010, 01:46:41 PM »
sounds good. hmm.....*thinks of all the projects i need to get going on*....fml

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2010, 01:53:56 PM »
The three prologues'll be up in 10 minutes. It won't be much but i got sidetracked.

*rushes to beat the clock.*

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2010, 01:59:01 PM »
will read them as soon as i can. moving out tomorrow so i got stuff to do today.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2010, 02:02:09 PM »
Moving out to... college?

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2010, 02:03:14 PM »
yes.

Offline socks11

• Final Fantasy 13 :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2010, 02:43:15 PM »
OMG college and still can't wait :D
If there was no change, there would be no butterflys.

My manga project:
http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php?topic=3208.0 http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php?topic=3221.0

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2010, 04:02:17 PM »
It's a lot more than i anticipated. May need to cut that short. Take your time, everyone. But please critic when you can!

Tell me what you think. I also want to try out a first person prologue, with Nozomi explaining her situation (and possibly other characters explaining it too.)

Any input is valued! Critic in the same chatty manner as always. I don't want scapels and magnyfiying glasses. Take your criticism from the heart. FROM THE HEART!

1: DAMNED HOSPITAL – You Know what you see. (Basically i wanted to jump straight into the action, with most descriptions provided by the characters.)

Nozomi survived being eaten alive within the first hour of the mutations because her little brother Kato was a cheekish boy, too interested in everything. Okuno saved himself from being eaten alive because he liked Nozomi, and Ishikawa survived because he was Okuno’s best friend, and he had seen the first zombies.
It all started like this: Kato had wandered away from the line of school students receiving the special vaccines prepared by the new hospital the school had been visiting. Nozomi saw him crawling away from his class line, and turning around a corner with stealth.
    Nozomi, being a very quiet girl, managed to slip away from her own line, and follow Kato. It took her ten corners to finally catch up with Kato, who entered a room with the sign “Morgue” on top of the door.
     “Kato!” Nozomi whispered furiously, and entered the room.
    The morgue room had all its cabinets and metal tables with various medical equipment on a room-wide counter, but there were thankfully no bodies. There was, however, a carton on top of one of the metal tables. Written on its side with a pental marker was “Personal effects: Suzuki Kazuhiro. Kato had pulled from this box a gleaming metal bad with a black grip.
    Nozomi whispered furiously, “Kato! What’s wrong with you? That’s someone’s things!”
     “They used to be…” Kato whispered, testing the swing of the heavy bat and carelessly banging it against a table.
     “Nozomi. What are you doing here?” A voice interrupted.
Nozomi jumped with a half scream and noticed Okuno standing in the doorway.
    “Oh… you… scared me. Who are you?”
Okonu blushed, “Well… I’m a classmate and- OOF! Hey!”
Ishikawa had bumped into Okonu in mid-sentence. His face was stretched in fear, “Somethings… Somethings wrong!”
“Wha-What are you!”
“Mr. Yama and the students… They began eating eachother!”
Before any could react, there was a loud scream, “No! Nooo! Help me! PleaaaseAAAAAAAH!”
Ishikawa and Okuno looked around to see blood had splattered the corridor they had turned through. Finally a large man in a security uniform began running out of the corner. On all fours like some sort of dog. Ishikawa and Okuno pushed through the morgue door with fear, and the zombie crashed into the door frame. He or it howled as it held its bloody head with one hand, and blood foamed at its mouth. A pure monster.
“Kato! The Bat!” Nozomi shouted as she inched back. Okuno and Ishikawa hiding behind her instinctively.
Kato threw the bat.
The zombie jumped.
Nozomi hopped backwards, grabbing the bat with one hand, then two and swung downwards, looking like some video game hero.
The zombie’s head cracked in two, and that was Kill # 1.

2. DAMNED HOSPITAL – You know more than you see (Provide Action + Detail)

The Hospital had been open a whole week, and was the talk of the town. It was strange to see such a technologically advanced centre be built in such a cozy, simple village community like Kuro Matsu. So when the trip to the massive building was decided, all students were very eager to go there.
     It was a large, white building made up of many squares. It was painted perfect white and its glass shone silver in the sunlight. Surrounded by the simple buildings and vegetation, it looked like a palace. “Kuro Matsu Central Hospital – For happy futures forever” It said on the large entrance arch.
     The building was on a height so a winding gravel road led up to it. Kuro Matsu Acadamy rolled through this road in five fairly maintained buses, and stopped at the front entrance, where three tall doctors greeted the students,
      “This way, young children, to a wonderous land.”
     The younger ones cheered, the older ones smiled, in general.
     The tour took some time, and there were so many turns and corridors. So many rooms, that each one would be lost, even with the help of the signs on the way. One of the tall doctors, who wore round glasses and smiled the most, finally announced a prize:
      “A vaccine, usually reserved for the most wealthy, is readily available for all. And no injection needed! Just a small pill and some water!”
     No one refused. For various reasons. But no one refused.
     Little did they know that things were too good to be true.
     Little did they know that the pills contained a compound that would act of its own accord to turn each consumer into a blood-thirsty zombie of any sort.
     As the total of seventeen classes, ranging from middle to high school, stood in line. A young boy Kato decided to give the group a slip and explore the hospital. His sister, Nozomi, noticed immediately and followed. Nozomi’s secret admirer, Okuno, followed Nozomi whilst Ishikawa remained a little… to witness his class teacher bite the neck of his favorite student, a smart girl, whilst three toddlers began biting others. Everyone beyond the line, who had taken a pill, were turning back in a flood. They were all biting, eating, screaming like mad things.
     Ishikawa ran, like many did, and noticed only too well how fast the zombies were. In seconds he could only hear his own breathing and footsteps, with the pathetic screams of victims filling the hallways, and finally, with luck or intuition, he found his friend. He bumped into him, screaming,
“Somethings… Somethings wrong!” But that was a badly under-explained statement.
     But he was supported by the sudden screams of a man being eaten, and a zombie ran out of a corner, foaming at the mouth and yelling madly. Ishikawa and his friend ran through the door, freaked. The zombie bashed into the side of the door and held its head and glared at the group with annoyance. It jumped towards the girl it faced and found itself smashed on the head with a metal bat, swung by Nozomi.
That was Kill # 1

3. DAMNED HOSPITAL – You know the basics (yeah, just skipped through key details to provided a quick prologue)

A large, prestigious hospital was finally completed in the small town known as Kuro Matsu, and it was the talk on everyone’s mouth. It was almost too good to be true, to finally see the silver glassed, white walled building in the middle of such a basic area.
     A week later, a school trip was organized for Kuro Matsu Acadamy to visit the place, and the students were all excited. They arrived at the entrance, and the long tour began, amazing the students with the cleanliness, the size and the amount of organization. Sometime later, the leading tour guide announced a surprise: Free vaccinations were to be provided for all.
     They were apparently of an expensive, exculisve type, and it was being given for free! Plus, it was in pill form, so none refused. The teachers took the first pills and the students followed suit, waiting in patient lines.
     In the middle of this happy distribution, a young boy known as Kato sneaked off to explore the maze of the hospital himself. His ever watchful sister, Nozomi, followed him.
     In turn, her secret admirer, Okonu, noticed and followed her, just out of impulse. Ishikawa his best friend began moving after him, then held himself and decided to stick with the line, but that was when things went wrong. People began eating eachother, the crowd of students who had already taken the pills surged back in a flood. Tackling, eating, screaming with insantity.
     Ishikawa ran from this, and out of luck or intuition, found Okuno, who had just opened the door to the morgue. Ishikawa screamed a pitiful warning, and a zombie who had once been a security guard caught up and charged for the kill.
     Ishikawa and Okuno ran into the room, the beast following. It bashed the door, and paused, allowing for a good look at it, and it jumped in the air, ready to kill, when Nozomi hit it with a baseball bat, scoring the first kill in the long day ahead, for the group of students.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 04:04:08 PM by legomaestro »

Offline Tostificer

• Lord Conqueror Toast
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2010, 04:18:11 PM »
If I'd have to choose, I'd go for the second one, although you might want to explain a bit more about the bat in that one. Furthermore, I liked it. Straight to the point, immediately to action yet subtile. It's good. Can't wait to see more.

Edit: Here's a motivating pic for ya.