April 21, 2018, 09:06:59 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Writer Discussion Table  (Read 78584 times)

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Writer Discussion Table
« Reply #1815 on: April 08, 2018, 12:59:13 AM »
@Fro: no one in particular I guess. Although Del Ray might be up my alley, considering their history publishing sci fi, fantasy, and science fantasy. But as I said on another topic just today, I'm going to concentrate on becoming truly good before I move on to pushing to publish. I'll never forgive myself if I rush out a product I don't feel is ready.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: April 11, 2018, 03:34:07 PM »
That awkward moment giving up sounds reasonable. Damn I'm getting too old. Or rather jaded.

I think it's too late for me though to be honest. No matter how down in the dumps I am about the quality of my stuff, or how lazy I'll get with reading literature will always be a part of my life.

Also don't underestimate the greatness of Canon. Seriously, you could just be a canon-only guy and you'd level up in all sorts of ways writing and art wise. It's simply a gold mine for inspiration.

I sound biased but it's true all across the board. No matter which community you land in if there's that RP element to it you've got to believe you're going to be firing at full pistons. It's just the way it is. It's an almost primeval need for humans to build up worlds and stuff. I imagine back in the day after a good mammoth hunt the only way to bridge the monotony of dying horribly, hunting eating and sleeping was crafting entire universes on cave walls, excitedly telling and retelling things until the stories became second nature to everyone in the commune.

Or something like that...

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: April 11, 2018, 10:40:06 PM »
And sex. Don't forget sex.

It may be too late for you to be a youn manga writer TM, Lego. But it's never to late in life to be a writer. Remember Ulysses S. Grant, who wrote his first and only book for the first time in his life the month before he died of throat cancer. He ended up being extremely well received.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• Understood Newt
  • A truly critical mind is an open mind, and vice versa.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: April 12, 2018, 12:36:22 AM »
Hard for poetry to succeed these days. Most people have a lot of preconceptions about poetry that cloud their readings. I think they forget to read what the actual words say concretely when their abstract meaning isn't immediately apparent.

I confess I haven't written a word of fiction prose in a while. One has to make economic decisions and between work, music, and dicking around on the internet, my schedule's full up.