March 29, 2024, 02:10:20 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: How do you think?  (Read 19788 times)

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: How do you think?
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2011, 05:10:34 PM »
you actually read the story. i suppose i could send you the idea sheet. but would you really want the rest of arc two ruined for you?

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2011, 05:15:07 PM »
hmmm... but... but it's an interesting idea..

but yeah spoiling it'd suck.

Anyway i know the chapter is up there but still in my little research run. I'll announce it wide and proudly when i'm done..

Offline gstar244

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 16, 2011, 09:26:24 PM »
lol thats a psychological question, and am pretty sure you know how most people think and get there ideas.
original ideas derive from experiences with a wave of imagination.
ideas in general are usually not original(thought up) and go around the same notion.
so to be inspired is one thing and to be an inspiration is another.
but to answer your question would mean to ....... if you can know

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2011, 01:40:32 PM »
right. so i was talking about this thing earlier in the year. basically me writing out my thought process as i thought it. which it ends up representing my average brainstorming session. don't know if any of you are interested but i figure i'd post it due to shear boredom. and since arc 2 is finished and it wont serve as a spoiler for the readers. unless you havn't actually read arc 2 and plan to/ haven't read arc 2 and don't give two *censored*s. i should also note this thing has been rendered a bit obsolete in some of the things i came up with but hey that's writing for yah. well here it is.

So I started this word document to help me think. Figured just typing out thoughts like this might help for once. So here’s the dillio, I have an issue needing solved. That issue being how the *censored* shiro took coryns… what shiro did with coryn’s energy once he stole it, how he used it and why the five cant close the dam hole. What I have so far is that shiro was able to track down coryn cause both of their energies are white. Since similar colored energy means that the two users enix has a similar pattern they can interact better. So shiro sorta kinda locked onto coryn’s signature and then reached out with his own energy as a sort of…of….magnet? grabber thingy? Stoof……let’s say he intertwined the two energies and that caused coryn to get yanked through the Kurousen…yeah that works. I should underline that so I don’t forget. I’ll make up the particulars during writing with fancy language. Next issue being what he did with the energy once he got it…. I know that he basically just combined it with his own and used all of that to expand the tiny whole he had made to get in originally just enough that it began to expand exponentially until its all crazy and *censored* explosions EDIT: or so he will tell coryn and friends when in reality he only used coryns energy…. You know what that’s good enough. Next…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….i forget……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..*censored*ing hell……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..oh right! Why the 5 couldn’t close the hole! Well as explained in chapter who gives a *censored* whatever was powering the opening was obviously above the power of any one of the five so they couldn’t effect the hole. And since they can’t sinc up their energies cause that *censored*s like impossible cause I said so they can’t all just effect it simultaneously without causing an explosion or some *censored*. But here’s the kicker yeah? Since shiro used Coryn’s energy to power the opening instead of his own and since coryn at full power is the strongest member of the five and since shiro basically called upon all of coryn’s energy to open it then it’s all of coryn’s energy preventing the hole from being closed. And since the opening of the hole was done by coryn’s energy it sort of linked the two. So coryn’s very existence is basically keeping the hole open and expanding. *censored*ed up yeh? Right then. I think there was one more issue……..right how shiro…two more…no wait shiro just *censored*ing forced his way though and that messed his brains up so that’s not really an issue. The one last issue is how the *censored* we’re going to close the hole! Well there I was. Watching the entire universe collapse and no idea how to stop it. What is this song playing…..oh *censored* yes that guitar works. I think I have my new song! Hopefully. But anyway universe exploding and coryn and the others are trying to get the *censored* out of the dark side of the universe. They get onto the light side and coryn looks back all dramatic like and everyone else is like wt*censored* coryn what are you doing? And he’s like I got this! But not really cause its intense and *censored*. So he jumps back into the gap of the Kurousen but now since it’s all going beserk and *censored* he can manage to stop himself halfway. His body is being forced to existence on both sides at once an that’s seriously *censored*ing him up. Like what happened to shiro but coryn’s a badass hero so you know he comes through ok and *censored*….and I need to skip this GOD DAMN SONG@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ooooo derezzed that’s good. Anyrate who I hit return on accident, and added in some @ symbols. Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy……………………………………….so *censored*’s going down and coryn does…….coryn does…….he does something that fixes everything………………………and now you see my ultimate dilemma really. I don’t know where were/ I’m going with this so wtf on my part. I know that something about how it’s really his energy he’s fighting against helps him out but I just don’t know…..just like reabsorbing it is just a bit too bland isn’t it? Maybe now he just tries to effect it like he would his own energy? Like manipulating something foreign would be different? I never really had to think in these terms before so yeah…..but yes that could work? Yes….knowing that I’ts his energy he manipulates it as such by merging all that caotic swirling energy with his own. Intergrating himself into the kurosen if you will. At that point he rechannels it into big ass swirling mass around him which he then sucks back into this body like he did in the early chapter thing.
Ljbojosafjowhgoaofbih bejgwlhaoevghnflewfnavslohbfwHSLOFBWjhf;rqgwOFHWAL RFOQ   

……IGNORE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But anywase…… but he can’t figure it out until he’s in the thick of it. Desperately trying to save the universe and *censored*. He like feels its right in the back of his mind but just wont come to him. Katsumi’s all like calling out to him once he’s like intergrated but still not sure on the next step. Thinking he’ll just like. Get himself absorb and that will stop it? No that’s ridiculous. Maybe if he gets intergrating unintentially and then realizes it when he feels that It’s his own energy. So note to self shiro can’t tell him it was his energy that he used. He’ll play it off that he just wanted to kill coryn and stealing the energy was just his way as claiming a trophy. Albeit in the most confusing and pointless way possible. Or something like that. Just another side effect of being bat *censored* crazy. So yeah. Coryn reabsorbs that *censored* and like the massive whole in the universe closes up and everyone is like where the *censored* is coryn? Then the universe spits his burnt ass back up and he’s all like. “I’m ok it’s cool! But not it isn’t we’re still kinda screwed and here’s why.” Basically shiro maybe dead but the four negagirls survived and will still most likely try to settle the score in someway or another. Also are at a risk of continuing to travel to the light side of the universe and cause havoc because while the hole was once again stabilized, it still remains open and transversable since coryn is of course still alive and kicking. And still of course feeding the hole with energy. So coryn’s all like ima go hide and stuff. If *censored* hits the fan come find me.

i do have a second more tame one of these as well. let me know if any of you guys are interested in seeing it.

Offline TsukiokaLoli

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2011, 02:51:14 PM »
The way I come up with things is I get inspired and stuff. ^^

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2011, 03:33:58 PM »
Hmmm will you be convinced to post if i say i want to see more? Needless to say this is very interesting for me to read. Lol it's random as heck in some cases. Which song was cutting into your thoughts?

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 18, 2011, 01:47:22 AM »
i honestly don't remember. been a while. i'll try and get the other one up tomorrow

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 18, 2011, 03:09:02 PM »
right. second log/idea thingy. not as specific. and pretty sure it's spoiler free. so enjoy

WIBLY WOBBLY TIMEY WIMEY SPACY WACY STUFF!!! As you may have guessed I’m rather bored at the moment and typing out my thoughts is the most entertaining thing I can come up with at the moment. This is of course due to the fact that the re-siding process of my house has caused both the satellite and internet receivers (since I’m out in the country side we get our internet via radio tower so if the receiver isn’t up on the roof I don’t have jack or squat to connect to.) So I’m effectively without internet or television for the next few days. Oh joy of joys…..so yeah. Thoughts writing. Nothing in particular to think about really I guess. Several things on my mind writing wise. Got to buff up arc 1. Arc 3 still needs written but I don’t have enough material or what I have properly sorted so yeah. Which at this point it’s mostly a locations deal. And then keeping everything from transforming into dragon ball Z. It’s the issue of having to train for the big bad guy but without becoming. “Everybody serve as meat shields until Goku is ready” which it won’t be going exactly like that but I still have the dilemma of finding a place to stick a sort of mini arc so you know, it’s feasible that some of my characters don’t just get slaughtered immediately. Which until now it’s been more of a thing that I just keep the weaker characters out of harm’s way but having them do some more serious fighting will definitely be something to spice things up. Not that they weren’t fighting seriously before but I want them to clearly be advancing. I don’t know I’ll figure it out.

Another real issue with Arc 3 is one particular bit of conflict resolution. You people reading this of course have no idea how arc 3 is going to play out at all but the important thing to know is that instead of being the usual formula of “one story inside of Coryn’s life.” It’ll be. “one story inside of another story inside of  Coryn’s life inside of someone else’s life.” Which if that doesn’t make any sense right now I promise it will eventually. But yeah. Got a bit much going on with everything right now and not entirely sure how I’ll pull it off.
Also of course have the issue of expanding arc one in a way that doesn’t mutilate the feel I produced with the original version. Which in my mind is one that’s kind of simplistic and not overly spacy wacy timey wimey. But of course the stuff that I want to add is all spacy wacey timey wimey. At which point you see my predicament. Though it’s all meant to add to Coryn as a character and break up the story a little and make it more deep it’s also bound to add quite a bit of exposition that I’m not entirely sure I want to add. I mean I have one idea for a short chapter. Maybe kinda longish depending how much I work with it. But the principle is the same I guess. Though I am leaning towards the idea since some of the readers weren’t able to pick up on the theoretical stuff right from the start. So I’m thinking that showing a little bit of it instead of just explaining it will help drive it into the reader’s mind that this is how it works. That this is what Coryn means when he’s making his long ass rants about dimensions and time travel. Which of course is much better explained in arc two and everything not explained there will be uncovered in arc three. But yeah. I’m starting to see it. Interdimensional travel is basically thrown in your face pretty well in arc 2. And while time travel is touched on it’s not really that present despite its presence. Right sure that might not ring any bells with you guys but it makes sense to me. *sigh*. So much thinking hm?

Guess I should mention something about frost bitten? Since I’m sure I won’t have finished writing it before I post this. First thing you should know. I have the story in my head. But absolutely no drive to write it at the moment. I mean I guess some of that is caused by some blank spots in my mind about the story like just what happens between the expositional phase of the story and the finale. Which is kinda annoying since I know have a beginning and an end but no cream filled center. I mean at least with arc 1 I had the general idea of “the girls fight demons and get stronger.” Which I’m flat out amazed I was able to do that over and over without dragging the story down into the depths of boredom. But here I got nothing. I mean I have my main antagonist all set up and ready to kick some ass but no one else for Jack to fight really. He has no real allies and there’s just not much except his end goal to achieve. But there must be a road. He just can’t skip from one side to the other.
Perhaps my main problem though is keeping the story as far away from captain planet as possible. Mostly because I have plans for a very similar character to one from “planet” which is my main concern. I just don’t know. Having other allies on the quest (at least the way I’m currently envisioning them) will be kinda cliché, but of course Jack’s back story isn’t exactly groundbreaking story wise. GAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!! Why didn’t I just write October’s origin first. Much easier. Damn it…..I really need to google the word “ballad” right now….. But in unrelated yet very much related news I figured out how I can explain that true vampires (that is vampires that are born vampires, not turned by another vampire) just stop aging at one point!!! So that’s fun. Also I guess Jack’s back could potentially turn into Avatar a little bit. But I’ve never actually seen the show enough to know how it all works that well so that may not be overly true. Which I hope that doesn’t serve as a spoiler too much but if you’ve read arc 2 up to date I should think you’ve got the general idea about how his back story is going to be. Anyrate though. I think the window’s guy is about ready to get in here and start replacing some windows so I’ll close this log. Hope you all liked reading my ramblings. It’s a bit more not crazy than the last one I wrote but I guess that’s cause it’s too early in my day for the madness to kick in. Anywase. Later people.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 18, 2011, 05:15:14 PM »
Strangely i can understand exactly what your saying so i guess that's cool. Yes, the time aspect in your stories always has struck me as being underexplained and left on the side. It would be great if Coryn with all his impossible power base doesn't just zap around the time stream and fix fix fix like a mad man. Perhaps even fix the time his home planet was invaded.

Talk about exposition... that would be something great to explain.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2011, 05:31:03 PM »
well i think fixing his own origin story so it didn't happen would fall under the paradox thing i mentioned in arc two. least i think i mentioned it. damn it's been a while since i wrote that chapter. but i'm pretty sure i included it in the bottomless hole chapter.

this would be the short version though. paradoxes don't occur because on the individual dimension level those who mess with the time stream are just shifted into an alternate reality where it only appears that they have changed time. On the larger multiverse scale paradoxes dont occur because of an unspecified reason that will be explained later.

and similarly Coryn doesn't go around fixing things in such a way. for if he were to go somewhere and see it was messed up. then attempt to go back along that dimensions time stream and fix the event. he would create a paradox. which as said doesn't happened for reason to be explained later. so he is forced into fixing the situation linearly from the point at which he enters it.

though as anyone who watches doctor who knows; technobabble and different spacy wacy timey wimey events can make anything possible. but for the most part the above rules are pretty much absolute. much more so than such rules are in the Who universe.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2011, 05:42:33 PM »
It's always great to match up with the surrounding fiction.

But that does clear things up. Although, it's pretty frustrating you know? For some reason when reading the story i'm not a critic who wants action to continue for the sake of it (okay, i don't mind the sword slashing mind boggling action) but i want Coryn to go Dues Ex Machina on everyone's asses and end everything in one fell swoop. That'd be nice. He goes through too many problems.

The Katsumi thing sucked as well.

But this internet business you wrote about in the intro of your thought process... you wrote this recently or earlier? makes me a little confused

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 18, 2011, 06:06:32 PM »
ah. well this one was wrote at the beginning of the summer when i was back home from college. and as noted the internet was down so i wrote this up. the first one was written in april when i was still in college and just racking my brains with the issues noted.

back on teh subject of the log: though that's the thing with Coryn. it's too easy to make him the god from the machine that makes everything just go away. (hence his god complex). it's why you see so many of his tasks being so monumental and ridiculous. it's all about making situations where he can't just end things in a second and move on with life. ie. the final battle with shiro. the two stood nearly equal in power, leaving experience as the only real variable.  of course its not like he doesn't do that at points. such as when he fights the grand demon in arc 1. he takes it out in about 30 seconds. similarly when i had him fighting the three proto humans in the follow up to your fan fic.

on the other hand of course he has to hold back because going all out can lead to unexpected consequences. as noted in arc 1, he rarely if ever goes all out. as reality has a tendency to buckle and collapse around him.

so i think the moral of the story here is that he only does what is needed and little more. for example. for the most part you always have the capacity to run. yet you're probably going to walk right? you aren't going to full on if the situation doesn't call for it.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 18, 2011, 06:17:25 PM »
Yeah that last sentence is the perfect way to sum it up. I shouldn't be asking questions especially since you've shown what Colt can do. Really i find Colt and Coryn to be nuclear bombs on a dimensional scale. And i must make it clear i in no way underestimate Jack and October, it's just that they don't quite strike me as scary as those two.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 18, 2011, 06:30:52 PM »
well that's a good thing really. October and Jack are supposed to be the lighter half of the group. as well as the more relatable characters. and really if you go on a scale of pure destructive power it does go something like Colt > Coryn > Jack > October. most of that has to do with age and therefore higher energy levels though. though with Colt his full power on this scale can only be realized once he transforms.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 18, 2011, 06:58:40 PM »
I must tell you though i'm not looking forward to that. He's a pretty BAD proto human if i remember correctly. I need to read that segment again.

Oh and yes, i fear i may have overlooked the important allusions to Jack's backstory. Yeah i really am interested in seeing that go through, but i do understand your reasons for not getting with it just yet. All in all though i'm interested in how he fell in with Coryn and the crew. In how everyone joined up really, and Frost Bitten is an important piece to that puzzle no matter how cliche it's path of story telling seems to be