May 23, 2019, 03:42:14 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Monster Hunter  (Read 2268 times)

Offline Account Disabled

• I'll write my own life's story.
    • View Profile
Monster Hunter
« on: July 12, 2010, 08:23:41 PM »
All things Monster Hunter here, I didn't see another topic for it and I recently got the game. Since I enjoy it I thought I'd create a topic for it, also so I can get a few tips :tongue:

So, let's discuss the game. I'd like to say it's fun, but I'm bad at it, very bad, I always want a stronger weapon because the bigger monsters I fight end up making me run for my life to the base camp to sleep all the time. Barroth, when will I ever defeat you?
Arcane Judgement - Chapter 5 END (Now being reworked):
http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php?topic=2972.0

Offline Monsterful

• Retired
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 09:49:47 PM »
Oh matey! Me and my little brother have been slaying a lot of beasties, and the game just keeps getting better and better.

I'm a great sword user Lad, what about you?

I'm also having hell trying to play online, though there's where the TRUE action is, I should add you as a friend Litt, My character name is PabJosep.

Offline Account Disabled

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 09:59:40 PM »
Ah, well I'm not doing as great, keep being slayed myself by the monsters, I managed to take the objective of the game and twist it around. I try though, I plan to head to a friend's tomorrow so he can get a taste of the monsters himself.

I'm a switch axe user, love the ability to switch between and axe and a sword, waiting to get a longsword though.

Adding you would be great though I lack Wii speak and so I'll have to "borrow" my sister's wireless keyboard when she isn't on the desktop to type well enough to converse. I ended up disconnecting halfway through a mission online, though that's my internet acting up lately, I'll get that checked out there, as for adding, my character is simply Jason, I'll get to it after tomorrow though, for sure. :D

Offline Monsterful

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 01:55:09 PM »
My lil bro and I have been slaying and slaying xP, we such a great teamwork! i have the little 10 yr old fella pretty well trained since he was a sprout!

we have finished all the Namco Tales together, he even finished simphonia by himself when he was 6 yrs old LOL

rite now we just fended off the Lagiacrus! Such a mighty beasty xP

Offline Account Disabled

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 04:16:42 PM »
I remember beating Tales...then beating it again....and again....and then a third time, still have yet to even bother getting all the costumes, Tales games are so fun.

Lagiacrus...still so far away from me, tried fighting him during the Monster Guts Quest, it was a horrible idea. Lightning everywhere. :confused: I'll have to try stocking up on some potions and beating the Barroth so I can catch up. >.<

Offline Monsterful

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 04:32:00 PM »
Try doing my special super duper trap! PIT OF HELL!

just lay a pitfall trap and 2 large bombs and one L+ bomb, then when the barroth falls in the trap just put a small bomb AND RUN LIKE HELL!

The uber explosion causes enormous damage to the barroth.

Offline Account Disabled

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 04:35:48 PM »
I actually don't use traps, the only thing I've ever made on my own was the tinged meat. But doing that sounds like a great idea, thanks for the tip, the Barroth and his mud armor will now be blown to little bits of dust. :naughty:

Offline Monsterful

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 06:12:34 PM »
Oh my fellow hunter, you MUST use traps, you see I actually carry with me 2 nets, 2 trap tools and a pitfall trap, that's carrying 3 pitfall traps! (Net+Trap tool= Pitfall trap).

Offline Account Disabled

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2010, 06:30:46 PM »
Oooh, that helps, I have nets...I think. I must now head to my Wii and make these traps. Really though, I believed my plan of hack and slash would have always proved itself true to me, guess not unless I get a bigger sword. :devil:

Offline Account Disabled

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2010, 08:01:13 PM »
Just spent over an hour beating down that Barroth! It took forever and I used up all my bombs! The thing just doesn't give, it doesn't even show signs of weakness too often while it's ripping apart the desert, close call near the end but I nicked it and it just fell and died. Exciting battle but right after I have to fight a Gobul...this game doesn't let up!

Offline Monsterful

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2010, 11:08:47 PM »
The gobul is a very nasty fella, watch out for the tail! It paralyzes very badly, and the lantern will blind you.

You can actually FISH OUT the gobul with a frog on a stick... get a frog in the area 10 of the island and then fish with it in area 4 of the flooded forest, you will actually FISH the thing. Amazing.

Offline Account Disabled

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 11:30:39 PM »
Thanks for the tips again Monster, I always have to do trial and error, and lemme tell you, there's a lot of trials and even more errors. I already have a bunch of frogs, so I'll tell them they must make a noble sacrifice for the greater good of Moga and my job.

Offline Monsterful

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2010, 01:52:32 AM »
We're fighting the Dragon lady now, The Rathian, SHE'S ONE MEAN BEAST XD!

It poisons you all the freaking time! and this poison isnt like all those other game poisons were your hp just reaches minimum... THIS THING ACTUALLY KILLS YOU! not to mention that she moves like lighting and she can also burn and stun you... and dont forget the poison >.<.

She actually stunned-burned-poisoned me, all at the same time X_x

Offline Account Disabled

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2010, 02:39:49 AM »
I think I can say that you experienced megadeath, when something greater than death occurs. Dragon lady makes me think of a reptilian like Harpy, but since it's Monster Hunter I think giant dragon.

Does it fly? Can it move faster than you can dodge? I can only look at my future as a Monster Hunter as bleak, I should have become a watchmaker.

Offline Monsterful

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2010, 11:01:53 AM »
My lil bro just killed her ( yes she's a giant female dragon), he had a super stroke of luck and use my special traps xD, he had like 5 traps and 10 blinding bombs.