March 29, 2024, 01:49:59 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: What do you LOVE about Japan?  (Read 15048 times)

Offline ferrentes

• Ancora Imparo - I'm still learning
    • View Profile
Re: What do you LOVE about Japan?
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2010, 01:25:17 PM »
Anime, Manga, Nintendo, streetwear, gothic lolitha style

Rita, My first cosplay

Offline Fnnenn Enninn

• The Metal Bard
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2010, 09:01:13 PM »
Those Gothic Lolis sure are tasty- er, nice.
Were going to party like it's 1986/ Blow in the cartridge and get ya' fix./

Offline yukihana

• Writing my way forward
  • I write my own destiny
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2011, 07:53:42 AM »
The history, the culture, the dining and entertainment (meaning like comedy shows, theatre, not referring to adult entertainment)
Alternate World - Loveless Fanfiction

Offline Captain Oran

• The bard of the Ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2011, 08:37:44 AM »
the langauge, i like hows it completely different to most langauges with the glyphs used for writing, and the pronounciation and everything

also, the lifestyle of it, the way there schools are run, how they have comic book stores (we dotn have them where i come from), it being the technological capital of the world...

that sorta stuff

Offline TsukiokaLoli

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2011, 10:21:29 PM »
I like the Anime and Manga stores, and of course, the guys. ; )

Offline KenjiMinato

• Have at thee, Coward!
  • Excited to Finally get a Voice Role! ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2013, 10:06:21 PM »
I like everything about Japan.
Kenji Minato desu~

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2013, 03:13:48 PM »
Try telling me what I wouldn't like ;)

Offline Zealapeal

• Zealous Artist
  • Anti-Despotist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2013, 04:07:24 PM »

Well... Maybe the six centimeter blade limit for knives. Can't carry them around or you're committing quite an offense!

Hospitals close at a certain hour, so if you happen to lob off a finger while doing some midnight cooking, better bandage that sucker up and suck it up 'til they open again, and even then you might have trouble getting in.

As technological as Tokyo is, the rest of Japan isn't so lucky. You'll still see cassette tapes and Walkmans, if that puts it in perspective. Central heating systems (found almost ALL houses in the US and Europe) can be excruciatingly rare outside of major cities in Japan. While their design of "open air" insulation design is innovative for their blazing hot summers, it backfires when winter comes. Have fun with the wonderfully toxic fumes of kerosine!

The incredible sense of nationalism a decent deal of the populace holds over there also lends way to a lot of racism, mainly towards foreigners (Koreans and the Chinese are no exception!). You'll still see signs that ban foreigners from particular establishments, be them tenant buildings, convenience stores, or certain restaurants.

And for the businessman, banks can be a bit of a hassle.

... but umm...
That's all the bad I can really think of.

Gothic lolita style clothing was always a turn-on for me.  :blush:  The language is beautiful, and depending on where you go, the technological displays are fantastic. Plus, good values of character are valued much more than they are here in the States. Apparently being the nice, sporty, smart, and humorous guy or girl is a big boost to popularity over yonder (being good looking always helps as well).

Of course, you know the rest of the good stuff, and the list for that alone would be pages upon pages. They've got a lot to give, and only a few things to "take".
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2013, 04:10:24 PM »
Ho Ho Ho !!! Not even a scratch! :ninja: :D

Offline Zealapeal

• Zealous Artist
  • Anti-Despotist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2013, 04:17:12 PM »
Ho Ho Ho !!! Not even a scratch! :ninja: :D

Tsk! My attack was ineffective!

Offline KenjiMinato

• Have at thee, Coward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2013, 04:32:48 PM »

Well... Maybe the six centimeter blade limit for knives. Can't carry them around or you're committing quite an offense!

Hospitals close at a certain hour, so if you happen to lob off a finger while doing some midnight cooking, better bandage that sucker up and suck it up 'til they open again, and even then you might have trouble getting in.

As technological as Tokyo is, the rest of Japan isn't so lucky. You'll still see cassette tapes and Walkmans, if that puts it in perspective. Central heating systems (found almost ALL houses in the US and Europe) can be excruciatingly rare outside of major cities in Japan. While their design of "open air" insulation design is innovative for their blazing hot summers, it backfires when winter comes. Have fun with the wonderfully toxic fumes of kerosine!

The incredible sense of nationalism a decent deal of the populace holds over there also lends way to a lot of racism, mainly towards foreigners (Koreans and the Chinese are no exception!). You'll still see signs that ban foreigners from particular establishments, be them tenant buildings, convenience stores, or certain restaurants.

And for the businessman, banks can be a bit of a hassle.

... but umm...
That's all the bad I can really think of.

Gothic lolita style clothing was always a turn-on for me.  :blush:  The language is beautiful, and depending on where you go, the technological displays are fantastic. Plus, good values of character are valued much more than they are here in the States. Apparently being the nice, sporty, smart, and humorous guy or girl is a big boost to popularity over yonder (being good looking always helps as well).

Of course, you know the rest of the good stuff, and the list for that alone would be pages upon pages. They've got a lot to give, and only a few things to "take".

Just a slight gripe about that, why would you want to carry a pocket knife, guns and knives aren't self defence weapons, period; use your fists or a blunt object with non lethal force.
Kenji Minato desu~

Offline Zealapeal

• Zealous Artist
  • Anti-Despotist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2013, 04:50:41 PM »
Just a slight gripe about that, why would you want to carry a pocket knife, guns and knives aren't self defence weapons, period; use your fists or a blunt object with non lethal force.

Even a blunt object, if used incorrectly, can kill.

Though, I won't debate this topic much with you, as I know it's already a really big heated discussion in the political realm already, but I will bring up some food for thought.

Statistics have shown, and I recommend you do a little bit of research on it yourself, that in cities that allow open carry or concealed carry of firearms, crime goes down significantly. Why? Because if you attempt to commit a crime with a weapon capable of deadly force, who knows how many people around you are carrying a weapon of equal force.

Non-lethal force is great, but self-defense isn't something to be taken lightly. As much as I'd say I'd love to keep my attacker alive, if he's threatening my life, it is going to be a do-or-die situation. It's me or him, and I would darn well prefer it be him.

People will, can, and most likely shall, get their hands on illegal weapons regardless. If people aren't given the right to defend themselves, who will when someone's life is on the line?
"The police are only a phone call away!"
When you have a gun put to your head, calling the police is going to be the last thing you think. After the event, maybe, but only if you're still alive.

Also, take into consideration the choices you put up for non-lethal neutralization. Fists and blunt weapons. A small arms weapon is a ranged weapon, capable of taking out a target from point blank (0m) to over 2 miles (3200+m). As much as I'd love to say you're going to hit him with your fists when he's standing 5m away, I'd highly doubt you'd reach him before he can simply squeeze the trigger with his index finger.

If you believe someone will come save you, yes, there are people who can. But in most realities, nobody will be around or they'll be too far to assist in time. Or, in another sad and unfortunate reality, they'd pull out their HD-cameras and record you getting mugged with a deadly weapon so they can get a few views on YouTube.

Are there going to be stupid people who do stupid things with deadly weapons? Yes.
But when we take weapons away from smart, capable folk who might have their lives threatened by a stupid person with a stupid agenda, we're trekking in dangerous territory.

Offline KenjiMinato

• Have at thee, Coward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2013, 07:12:43 PM »
I am aware of that, by non lethal I meant control yourself, I have wooden weapons, if someone attacked me it'd hit there torso or legs with it rather than Cave there skull in.

Also the fact that there is a huge crackdown on knives is good, there is a very low crime rate in Japan, also Firearms are damn near unattainable in Japan.

Needless to say the changes of being Mugged at Knife or Gunpoint is damn near zilch.
Kenji Minato desu~

Offline FlossAndChaos

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2013, 02:02:57 PM »
@KenjiMinato
I read somewhere that the low crime rate in Japan is mostly due to the extremely strict social structure. If someone commits a crime, they bring themselves, and their family shame. They will be a social outcast, no one talking to, or acknowledging them.   
Also, Japanese people tend to commit suicide, rather than crimes :/

Using only a small amount of force to defend yourself is ideal, but you also risk getting in a 'brawl.' If you hit someone in the leg with a stick, they could grab it, and you just lost your advantage.

To get back on topic:
Aside from Anime/Manga, I do really like the Japanese culture. They fight to keep it pure.
I also like the the various Paper Crafts: Origami, Lanterns, ect.
And Sushi! It's delicious~