November 26, 2020, 10:02:19 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Miscellaneous Arts and Sketchbook  (Read 145031 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Miscellaneous Arts and Sketchbook
« Reply #885 on: September 28, 2020, 11:33:36 AM »
300 MB? dammit.

Yeah it has been quite the ride. And I can definitely retrospectively see the phases I went through. The best thing really was the grid system.

I was also really really on the fence for going at regimens again but I'm suspecting this might help.

I've been overthinking my next steps and plans and I know mileage is never the solution to improving art, but I really need to just be constantly drawing right now.

Going ballpoint as well and just going to get some drawing done. It's all I need right now.

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: September 28, 2020, 05:59:55 PM »
Shoes and cars look like they would be really interesting to do. There's so many different kinds out there. I imagine mannequins would be useful for proportion (where's the fifth one? O:). Do you own one of those? Also, your hand drawings have a good sense of form. Keep it up, Lego! Great job on the stick figures. So very satisfying to look at ^^ Wowah!
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/noteriddler

Offline Suuper-san

• Professional Overthinker
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: September 30, 2020, 03:52:28 PM »
I know mileage is never the solution to improving art, but I really need to just be constantly drawing right now.
hmmm
mileage may not be the best solution, but it certainly is a solution, in my books. You're definitely right that consistency and constant activity lead to progress for sure. As a backup I do a lot of copying on my off days to keep doing something.
I've found my largest jumps in progress were just mental blocks I had, or lack of direction. So it might help figuring out what artists style you want to draw like, and trying to figure out how they do what they do so well. That's what I've been doing lately.

But wow that's a nice set of regimes you've started. Cars and shoes are my favourites, maybe because they're new ones you havent done before. Also ones that I should be doing at some point too.
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: November 05, 2020, 05:33:29 AM »
Yeah definitely going for just doing stuff ad-infinitum. I think too much and stagnate as a result haha. I want to really look into the styles I want to draw though for real.

Very wonky this batch and still warming up. I'll try breaking down the car. It's really funky getting the proper 3d down on paper haha.

@ Echo thankee! And yes indeed I have a mannequin. And haha damn I forgot I was doing a mannequin regimen too. Jeez I have 4 1,000 regimens xD This'll take a minute to complete, but I'm looking forward to it.

Offline Suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #889 on: November 05, 2020, 06:07:13 AM »
Great sketch pages, you're definitely juggling a lot of regimes!
Yeah same here on finding a style, I have plenty of artists whose style I love but not necessarily all of them I want to draw like. But still plenty who I want to draw like and choosing which way to go when they are all equally valid is a pain.

I also am a big thinker which wastes a ton of time. These days I write down what I want to think about later so I can keep up my art momentum when I have it.
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: November 07, 2020, 06:59:16 AM »
That's actually something I'm applying more in general. Real baby steps so it's not super detailed but it's nice to just get a piece of paper and write what you plan to do. It helps unbelievably haha.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: November 11, 2020, 05:49:40 AM »

Made progress but hot daaaamn it's annoying to go at every regimen in on sitting. I'll have to make entire weeks dedicated to one regimen or it'll drive me a wee bit mad haha. Though drawing is something that combines all sorts of elements and I'm really just going for the number, I find what little concentration I have vanishes if I have to juggle such different motifs.

Tis week I'll work on shoes. Next week cars maybe.

And who knows? Blocking out themed weeks might actually help me organize other stuff. If I feel good about such structure I could plug in prompt weeks for my other drawing projects as well to streamline my process.

Just rambling.

Also oh gawd cars are impossibru to draw haha

Offline Suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #892 on: November 15, 2020, 04:52:24 AM »
Good progress.
I find I have the same problem with juggling regimes, and also juggling projects. Sometimes I'm in the mood for a specific one that I hadn't planned to do , and that throws me off because I feel that I'm being unproductive doing something outside of what I had planned. But these days I just draw whatever, and try and keep a track on what I haven't done recently. The further behind a project gets, the more inclined I feel to work on it, so everything gets progressed, just at a random rate.
I did once try having a rotating sort of schedule, and it worked sort of well while I stuck to it, so I hope that works out.

and yup I don't think I have ever seriously tried to draw a car :/

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: November 21, 2020, 10:20:36 PM »
Niiiice sketches! Those hands look great. The shading goes well with it and they feel like they have form c: And yeaaah cars must be absolutely treacherous to do. Keep up the good work! >w<
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/noteriddler