October 13, 2019, 11:33:07 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Miscellaneous Arts and Sketchbook  (Read 65594 times)

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
Re: Miscellaneous Arts and Sketchbook
« Reply #780 on: September 17, 2019, 04:43:06 PM »
great stuff and you're really keeping the output high!
lol at the pipecleaner reference figure tho
but that's just it - it seriously doesn't matter - if it works for you then it's a good method, no argument.

you've almost consistently added faces to all of these figures, which might be a possible reason why you haven't drawn as many as you expected. drawing faces takes up more time than not drawing faces, after all XD
But I think they look wayyyy cooler with faces. I can totally see them in a manga.
#2334 - is that you? verrrry nice style and proportions, I will steal that style for sure.
you're nearly at the 25% mark, a respectable checkpoint indeed.
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: September 25, 2019, 12:18:15 PM »
I see what you mean, and that's totally it.

I've had an intense mind-numbing session but I see it's my impatience that made it worse than it was. I've learnt that folding my A4 paper and working on each side is pretty good for making my average paper worth 12 figures though. It makes it nice to think 10 pages = 100 figures and 100 pages =1,000. Thinking of 10,000 still leaves me in despair sometimes, but I'm dealing well enough.

I'll be doing a lot of standard poses for the next few because idea exhaustion. But I do hope to come out of this being able to do sword swooshy effects for sword fights.

Thinking of starting a manga is sooo tempting. Excited about when I finally get done with this. I will celebrate.

Also, I'm having way too much fun drawing eyes. If you have any ideas or tutorials for eyes throw them at me!

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: September 25, 2019, 10:41:28 PM »
Noticed that for sure. Unfortunately I have already deposited my secret for drawing eyes in your notebook, so I am of no further use in that realm.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: September 26, 2019, 08:29:26 AM »
To be honest for eyes, I just pick an artists style I like and draw it. The only guidelines I use are a line for the "horizon" - (pupil to pupil usually), and a box to contain each eye, then just fit it all in haha. Manga eyes are a lot simpler than real eyes and also can be stylized almost any way, which makes them a bit easier to draw.

For me I also generally find that the same number of sketches fill up a page, it's kinda of the rhythm you get into. Makes it a bit easier to figure out how many pages you'll use up and so on. Also it usually takes the same amount of time to do a set of drawings.

For pose ideas, try and think of groups of actions or poses and then draw as many poses as you can in that group, from different angles as well, i.e. sports poses - you can break down by sport. Action/weapon/combat poses, still poses, everyday poses, "posing for the camera" poses, multiple people poses, for example. And also specific camera angle sets i.e. forshortening, low angle, high angle etc. And also pose category from the body point of view - symetrical, dynamic, flexible/stretching,sitting,standing, prop interaction - breakdown by prop. That's how I got inspiration for my 1000 figures and I didn't feel like I was racking my brain too hard to come up with them. You can break down the pose categories into subcategories and so on, to get an almost inexhaustible list of ideas (this is the basis for my inspiration handbook that I am making)

10000 is still a mad goal but if you break down the number into 100 sets of 100 genres, it sounds a lot more doable, no?
This seriously makes me want to try out 10000 of something haha
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!