December 12, 2017, 02:36:53 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Miscellaneous Arts and Sketchbook  (Read 30667 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Miscellaneous Arts and Sketchbook
« Reply #510 on: July 14, 2017, 07:51:41 AM »
I took your advice Gabryel, and will be embarking on a journey of skulls at a point in time soon as I get the chance. For now this thread like my main art one has lost too much for me to even begin to think of backing it up, so I`ll hop to a new one when I finally have something to post.

@Nairbons thanks man! Appreciate that. And yeah I`ve heard of the book. I think my library is overloaded as it is, but I shall get my hands on it the first chance I get!

Thanks again!

@Mahlua Link shall be checked. I am finally free atm so i``ll be doing a lot more reading.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 20, 2017, 09:06:52 PM »

I've been on a drawing binge for the ages. It just sort of happened when I was playing around with one point perspective (and a little on iconography/symbology)

The cubes became mind-numbing at a point, but I definitely feel a lot better about 3d these days. At least a little more hopeful. I haven't counted, but I'm pretty sure I've hit the 1,000 mark by a rough calculation. Was an interesting rush.

As for the whole iconography/symbology thing. I've been gripped by the whole concept ever since I looked into sketchnotes. Why are some things instantly recognizeable, and some others not? Is there any way to use them to relay an idea fast in the simplest way possible? Most of the doodles here are referenced, but I think I'll look into it a bit more.
Spoiler

Tired as all heaven right now, so I'll just leave the post here. Warning. Lotso scrolling.

Spoiler

Online Manimal Claus

• God of Yule & Fruitcakes To
  • We All Love Santa Christ
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 21, 2017, 08:52:09 AM »
BOXES. SO MANY. BOXES.

Really nice to see stuff like this Lego, you are drawing so fricking much! Those little sketches are really cool actually, with the array of items you have going on and man, those boxes. That's dedication, surely yer 3D skills must've improved some after all that. What yer doing with those icons is really neat though.

Offline suupertramp

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 05, 2017, 10:34:33 AM »
"ode to a Lego brick"

Spoiler

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 10, 2017, 07:36:29 PM »
suuper, you have no idea how much this comic made my day hahaha. Man how even and why!?

I shall definitely keep at it. I just need the usual bout of madness to strike me again.

Offline suupertramp

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 11, 2017, 05:25:29 PM »
@lego every now and then i feel like expressing myself in art rather than text. hopefully it will happen more often now :P

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 26, 2017, 06:09:29 PM »
Haha keep at it then. I need such insta-comic slinging skills.

Been sitting on a haphazard drawing regimen. Mostly my own hands.  I wish I had something to take me up like the stick figures thing.  Those are always fun.

As always lotso scrolling

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 26, 2017, 06:39:30 PM »
Daaayum man, makin' me look bad over here.

Looks like your next step will be to start getting your pressure consistent. I'm having a similar issue right now with my tablet pen tbh, but you can really see with the blue pen where you get a little blotchy.

I'm glad to say that your perspective has come leagues above where you started from. Congrats, Lego! Maybe someday it'll reach Maestro level...
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline suupertramp

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 29, 2017, 02:58:21 PM »
@mahlua keep it up!!!!! its better to do a little each day than a lot in one go (basically the exact opposite of what i do :P)

brilliant quantity as always. more than before i'm feeling that your style is starting to become more uniform, and among those sketches there were some brilliant hand poses and character designs. good building stuff too.

perhaps try drawing the same character more than once, in a different pose or clothes or expression, that might help you to focus on maintaining consistent details. its something im trying myself as well, because in a manga you draw the same character(s) relentlessly, so being able to keep the details the same is very important.

you still sketch while travelling?

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 29, 2017, 07:27:29 PM »
I haven't been able to find the juice for it strangely. It's really frustrating. All I do is stare catatonic like out the window haha.

I hope to be able to do it again though.

I'm getting into comics a little, so maybe I'll be able to draw the same character more than once, but if you're hoping that I somehow get some consistency and order in my drawings, then you are dreaming a pipe-dream. It's just not my thing, unfortunately...

@Mahlua nein. Don't aspire to my lazy art heights. Defeat them. As for pressure, I hear you. These liquid ink pens are quite nasty when it comes to drawing, so I'll need to get back to bic a bit it seems.

And haha. I can't make the great Mahlua look bad. You have jokes!