May 21, 2019, 08:59:11 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Miscellaneous Arts and Sketchbook  (Read 58523 times)

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
Re: Miscellaneous Arts and Sketchbook
« Reply #720 on: March 02, 2019, 07:55:05 AM »
great sequentials. It's not always clear whats going on without dialog, but one can certainly tell something is going on!
and keep it up you're nearly there :)
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 08, 2019, 09:54:08 PM »
(Opens thread from "new post" auto format)
(Looks at the tiny speck that is my scrollbar)
(Hits PGDN)
(Sees another page)
(Clicks)
(Another tiny speck of a scrollbar)

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

You really know how to keep the ball rolling. I barely have time to keep up on Duolingo these days, but maybe with my short break coming up at work I'll at least...finish my 100 skateboarding poses or whatever. Because your output is HRK. Makin me look bad and ish. (Well, I suppose I'm really making myself look bad for wanting to do everything and then hyperfocusing on like one thing for not long maybe twice a week at best).

Seriously, between you and Suups, this output is outrageous.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 14, 2019, 05:53:58 AM »
Hahah what does HRK mean?

And oh gawd you are so wrong Mahlua I'm getting my ass kicked majorly this time around. But step by step, right? I swear my output at the moment is one character a day at this point. It's really bad.

And we're all scatter brains. I think Coryn has got it right though: Juggle. It helps  you recharge when you're too focused on one thing. So heap on more stuff along with the skateboard thing and you might just trick yourself into getting mroe stuff done.

'Suups' takes the cake this time around. But I'll catch up to him muhuhahahhahahahaha

*Does nothing for months*

The god-awful-slant must die. How the heck do you deprogram a near decade long quirk. Holy heck I'm not looking forward to that.

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 14, 2019, 02:03:32 PM »
I've been noticing my slant coming back. Much like proportions I think it just gets better with time as you learn to recognize your drawing problems early on, and/or gain the coordination to not make the mistakes in the first place.
It takes a bit of conscious effort to keep it in mind. Like a tick list that you go through at different stages
(arms same length? check. eyes same size? check. figure slanting? damn.)
At some point it becomes subconscious.
Most of your drawings seem alright though, only some have a huge slant and that looks deliberate like #617

favorites are #602, 607, 608
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 14, 2019, 10:59:09 PM »
HRK is more of a sound effect than a word. It's like the sound you make when you get punched in the gut.

One character a day is still greater than my present average of...zero a day.

But I suppose that also means that lately I've been producing exactly zero slanted figures a day as well. Small victories.

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 15, 2019, 03:20:53 PM »
I've been producing exactly zero slanted figures a day
Thats some next level optimism there :P

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 26, 2019, 04:05:30 PM »

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 27, 2019, 04:56:18 AM »
that coffee ring is a legitimate effect. I thought he was swinging his sword or glowing or something XD
#650,646 favourites.
hows the regimes going for you at this point?

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 27, 2019, 06:08:16 PM »
Pretty nasty. The whole weight of the missed days keeps on hitting me. Knowing that I could've been done with this by now gets me stuck in a loop of self-pity where not even succesfully 'restarting' the regimen hypes me up anymore. I did 10 today for example and keep on thinking 'Now if only I did 10 consistently throughout the month. I'd have had 270 done for each of the regimens by now!

There's a lot more negative stuff going on I wish I had had it in me to record. That's another frustration: I'd learn a heck of a lot more from what is disturbing my regimens or bringing me down than my successes. I'm not only inconsistent, I'm not 'pro' enough to document my progress objectively regardless of whether it's a good or bad day. I hope, if I get more systematic down the line I'll be able to do such automatically.

That being said I'm feeling cautiously optimistic these days. I've posted twice in a row and I hope I post again tomorrow. I'm still on the lower end of my sine curve of life but I'm really looking forward to plugging away and finishing this regimen.

And haha that coffee ring was a happy accident. Which reminds me I've been wanting to play around with stencils for a minute now. I'll see if I can use them later.

Also: Gawd is it impressive how people can draw armour and stuff haha.

For 664 I imagined little red riding hood's basket being a legendary hero weapon enchanted by her mother to contain an infinite assortment of pastry based weaponry. Think blueberry pie shields and cinammon roll swords.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 06:20:35 PM by legomaestro »

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: March 28, 2019, 05:08:55 PM »
Damn I think I've got it back. The perfect zone of why I do regimens. I'm not necessarily enjoying them. They take time and eat up my mind space. They're not even leading to the completion of any of my projects, and they won't give me anything tangible per se, but i'm doing them because I want to, because I need the routine, and some times they can be fun but more than that I can look back and see that I've at least tried something.

That's the feel I have from them atm.

Also, bought a mechanical pencil. Interesting times. I think truly inky pens are more unforgiving than I'd like. I suspect even ballpoint is less stressful to work with because at least then the lines aren't permanent. With pencil (and ballpoint) I can sort of 'feel out' the drawing before committing to lines. Works better with my sketchiness too I think.

( I of course reserve the right to make a 180 turn on this opinion. )

Chars 670/1000
Thumbs 688/1000

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 29, 2019, 09:40:50 AM »
I don't regimens are meant to be enjoyed. Depending on who you are or what the exact regimen is you can, but it's not a requirement haha
interesting take on the ballpoint v pencil. I would probably agree your sketchiness needs free reign to feel out the drawing and then ink the end result. I'm attacking my art from the view "I need to draw it right first time", but I can only draw within my comfort zone when I do that, so I still need to go all feely at times to experiment and boost my creativity. Trouble is my "out there" artworks can't be processed as easily as my normal generic WIPs so I don't know how to deal with improving my processing. so many things to improve.....

( I of course reserve the right to make a 180 turn on this opinion. )
XD I feel like that for most of my opinions.

loved #687 thumb.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 31, 2019, 06:28:35 PM »
Drawing characters dancing is another holy grail for being able to draw characters in motion. Looks like it'd be a hell of a thing to try to draw.

Anyhoo. Got some more churned out. Egad 300 remaining for both. I'm much better off than when I started but egad it's still 300 to go. This'll be fun.

Happy with some but wasn't feeling too inspired. But I've had a good success: I've finally managed to go through all photos I've made in the past 3 years and organized all my stuff into their appropriate folders. No dates or anything properly alphabetical, mind you, but I've greatly decluttered my digital workspace and it is an amazing feeling. I actually celebrated after I was done and it felt like I defragmented my mind a little. Good stuff.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: April 01, 2019, 05:19:19 PM »
I've reached an uncomfortable level of 'Sacred Syndrome' - The thing where I find paper or method too precious to actually get anything done, so I drew my next stuff on cheap lined paper and it really helped me feel less invested in stuff. It's insane how such little hangups can hinder my motivation. Technically it's the thing that's supposed to give me the edge when using mspaint but even there I feel too invested to get anything done.

The great holy grail of an artist is truly winning this small but important first hurdle every second of every day. This is why I never underestimate the ability to doodle. If you're able to scribble smileys even while in the middle of a conversation then you can really shut off and stop being critical about yourself and that's a healthy habit to have because you've got to believe if you ever get pro and a  deadline is coming you're going to need every single inch of mental energy to get stuff done and fighting that initial hurdle gets tougher the less you're used to getting over it.

Hope that makes sense.

Re: 708 - I was thinking of Furi when making this thumbnail. I love such self-contained super focused storylines like that. Basic premise of a badass swordsman fighting yet another badass opponent. So fun. I'd play it a gain.

Re: 709 - Was thinking about Lion King and Samurai Jack at the same time. Those circles at the bottom are bug beetles. I can't believe I get to say Samurai Jack successfully concluded. It's quite the optimistic outcome seeing as how many cartoons are axed forever without coming back. I'm going to get a DVD of all the episodes one day.

Re: 716 - Ultimate dart master about to do something funky. Also he has jelly bones

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: April 02, 2019, 06:39:38 PM »

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #734 on: April 03, 2019, 09:30:54 AM »
we often produce our best stuff when we are most relaxed and not worried, but it's very hard to reach that state when you are actually trying to do good work. it's almost like you have to not care about your work to get a good flow. how mad. I wish I had that mindset but I always get too invested in my work and I get too serious way too fast.

I can imagine a whole one shot story from that dart master image haha.
also you've been on paper the whole time until now? Most of my stuff is digital these days. need to do more paper >_<

have you though about instead of sketching a whole line/curve/shape, just draw a few dots along it, until you know that's exactly where you want it to be? it helps to clear your sketches from excess lines, especially in the unforgiving MS paint. Or draw in super faint colours first. Trouble is either way you need to keep a more clear image of what you want in your head. I can't always sketch in that way.