February 21, 2019, 06:39:21 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Miscellaneous Arts and Sketchbook  (Read 53602 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Miscellaneous Arts and Sketchbook
« Reply #705 on: January 22, 2019, 08:52:48 PM »
Haha that'd be quite legendary. I'm going to start stealing stuff from your work too when I get around to it. Cheers man.

Also you're totally right. Basically the more accurate and experienced you are the thinner your drawing instrument. I'll try to use thicker brushes in my mspaint to see how it works out.

And yeah, halfway but the end feels so far away haha.

Anyhoo here is my update

Offline suuper-san

• Proportions are just an illusion...
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: January 23, 2019, 05:22:11 PM »
Quote from: Suuper
I'm going to just take all of your characters
Quote from: Lego
I'm going to start stealing stuff from your work
Join MangaRaiders!!!!! The only site where the members are honest enough to tell you that they are going to steal your ideas!! I'd certainly love to see what you make of any of my doodles, and I almost have my method in place to steal yours (^-^)/

439,432 nice characters
437,442 nice thumbs

well doing 2 regimes at once means you would be on 900/1000, nearly done if you were just doing one, so it's definitely going to be slow going.

I'm almost worried that we will eventually end up getting addicted to doing the regimes instead of doing actual manga/illustrations lol
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other
Manga: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft
Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: January 23, 2019, 11:38:03 PM »
Hahah honesty makes the world go round.

And you know I know what you mean, but I'm going to be super out of character (pun half intended) and say we shouldn't be too worried about that. I think when we want to get a project done we do it. You have mangas under your belt, some useful softwares to assist drawing, programming AND illustrating chops and even booklets. I guess you need to clear the 'sell artwork' bar as I do to make sure you know, but you're able to do this stuff. And you know what, me too. I've made comics and stuff. It's just that I want to be more reliable on that front because the biggest problem isn't execution, it's consistency and stamina. It's fine to be a fast sprinter for 20 metres but it's better to be a marathon runner who can go 10 kilometres on a whim.

Not sure if any of that made sense? Anyhow I reiterate a real sell of our stuff will be infinitely more convincing than nice words I guess, but I really am confident about them. Just look at the regimens we've already completed now. Stupid amount of drawing for no benefit other than our own.

Also side note: I have a vague expectation to be doing more creations than regimens two years from now. But my true ideal is to have drawing so much a part of my daily life that I just stop counting really because it's as natural as brushing my teeth every day.  ( I won't. It's much more fun seeing the numbers stack up)

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #708 on: January 24, 2019, 04:28:15 PM »
It's fine to be a fast sprinter for 20 metres but it's better to be a marathon runner who can go 10 kilometres on a whim.
Yup I totally agree on the front, partly why I am so obsessed with speed and efficiency. Getting the maximum level of productivity ensures that I can handle any project in the future.
yeah I'm totally aiming at the "whip out a 40 page manga chapter on a weekend" kinda stamina level XD

It would be totally great to sell some art this year. I need to get some pricing down for styles and whatnot, partly another good reason to keep track of timings is to be sure I'm selling my skill at the right amount. if I could sell one artwork this year it would be great, but really I would love to average one a week by the end of the year. (Not sure if I want to permanently do commissions or get paid for my own story/manga etc but time will tell)

When drawing faces this lunchbreak I had a sudden realization about how much more natural it has become to draw faces and poses from previously. Hopefully that's just the beginning :P

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
  • Beware! Danger of sarcasm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: January 27, 2019, 06:19:41 AM »
geez you're actually pulling it of. I draw mah hat, sir
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. (S. Hawkins)

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: February 18, 2019, 08:59:38 AM »
Hit a huge roadblock. Life because very interesting the past two weeks, but soon I'll be free from the thick of it.

I've come to realize more than ever that I'm not professional at all. Any slight divergence from my planned days makes me unmotivated to draw like at all. I'm glad I've still doodled consistently, but my regimen just hit a major full stop for days.

I know now mroe than anything that consistency is what'll get me places. It really doesn't help to be this sporadic. Whatever. I'll see what happens.

Here is a slight dump. Halfway done, 500 thumbs 500 chars to go.

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #711 on: February 18, 2019, 04:39:29 PM »
It's definitely hard to keep going when you dont have an actual commitment like a job. Even on bad days when I dont want to go to work, I know I have to, and I do. It's a LOT harder with basically a hobby on those lazy days. Don't feel too bad about it. Maybe have a backup plan for what you can do when you're not feeling great. I normally do my first iteration WIPs, since I can always fix them up on the next iteration, I don't feel any pressure to get anything right. having a regime can help, although it might hinder just as easily.

and nice bunch of works. It looks like the characters feel a bit more natural than the previous ones, and it's nice to see some 3/4 views and poses other than standing in there as well.

Thumbnails look good too. I think it's harder to come up with a variety compared to clothes, since clothes is comparatively a smaller category and you can mix details a lot more easily than in buildings and backgrounds I think. although it looks like you're balancing drawing different kinda of shots, closeups, cityscapes, buildings, characters, action and so on. keep it up!
it might help to maybe do 2 or 3 or 4 sequential thumbnails every now and then, because that's training your mind for manga paneling.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: February 18, 2019, 05:01:42 PM »
Well I was still doodling and drawing pretty much, but nothing that made me break any ground I wanted to break. I'll see what I can plug in there other than the regimens. Storyboarding maybe? There's some comics I need to get to.

Other than 500 and 501 I really haven't done much sequential stuff. Could do more of that

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
  • Beware! Danger of sarcasm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: February 19, 2019, 05:49:34 AM »
Hmm I dunno if that'S what makes a pro, y'know. And you're like producing so much more than I did in any time of my life lmao. I struck road blocks that made me stop drawing for years, so I wouldn't worry about that much. There is this thing, if you draw because it gives you something to draw and finish something, I think that's what makes an artist. I mean, it's nice to have feedback, yeah. But every time I finish something that is better than my last piece and I look at it and I'm just so happy and fascinated by the way how I got there, and that's what keeps me driving. There are people who are fascinated by techniques or tools, like me, others are with stories of the past, etc. And still, there will always be days where you don't have any motivation at all. I'd say you're doing pretty well lego. whenever I drop back to the forum and see you're all up and drawing, I get my motivation back  :heart:
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. (S. Hawkins)

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: February 20, 2019, 08:18:31 PM »
Haha cheers.

I don't want to rely on motivation or inspiration anymore though. Things have let me down more than I can count. I just need good habits that'll have me reliably able to produce work.

580 Thumbs
577 Chars