February 19, 2018, 10:43:21 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Miscellaneous Arts and Sketchbook  (Read 32588 times)

Offline suupertramp

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
Re: Miscellaneous Arts and Sketchbook
« Reply #495 on: May 20, 2017, 05:11:12 PM »
I could google anything at my computer and just have a folder with a thousand images
that is 100% me lol

and you are seriously pumping out the sketches!
something you might want to try to help improve your memory, is after drawing something, try and draw it again from memory. because you have drawn it recently, a lot more details will be in your memory, but you still get the practice drawing it from memory which strengthens the details in your head.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 25, 2017, 01:51:13 PM »
I could google anything at my computer and just have a folder with a thousand images
that is 100% me lol

and you are seriously pumping out the sketches!
something you might want to try to help improve your memory, is after drawing something, try and draw it again from memory. because you have drawn it recently, a lot more details will be in your memory, but you still get the practice drawing it from memory which strengthens the details in your head.

Haha, I just really got a boost by the stick figure thing. Now that I know how much time I actually have in my day I've put aside more time for drawing. It's even cutting into my novel reading time! I never thought that't happen.

I'll try the drawing thing from memory after a bit. A lot of my routes tend to have the same objects, and right now I'm just trying to flex my muscles and reduce the headache when I stare at complicated shapes. When that fades away I'll think about really attacking the forms I see and 'breaking them down' as they all say you should do. I still see jack cheese when it comes to looking at forms in life. My xray doesn't exist.

It was a nasty week for more reasons than the bad drawing trips. Bad sleep patterns only made it worse. I'm so glad for the long weekend I get to have right now. Really needed it.

I think I might end up using the inkier pen more when I'm really low energy. The thing just glides across the page and ets me put down ideas clearer.

But the ballpoint is still king of versatility when it comes to being able to shade and put in light lines.

Circles and straight long lines still prove to be impossible.

Bumpy buses destroy all accuracy.

3d forms refuse to be seen.

Same old, same old.
sketch dump

« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 08:15:50 PM by reX »

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 07, 2017, 04:43:45 PM »
sketch dump

« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 08:23:30 PM by reX »

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 07, 2017, 10:08:19 PM »
Noice. I see that people have started popping up more in your sketches. A day or two ago I drew some stuff that was hanging out in one of my classrooms, but it's in my notebook, so I'll have to scan it at some point because pencil doesn't show up well with my phone, as we have discovered.

It's always a pleasure to see your updates. Sketchdumps give me life.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
  • Beware! Danger of sarcasm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 09, 2017, 08:47:55 AM »
You're improving alot, lego! The sketches are great, especially the third page with the bottle and the bag and stuff, and some like the view from the back of the bus. I'm getting into that kind of sketches atm too, to get a better feeling for perspectie and proportion. Sadly my scanner died on me T_T I need a new smartphone that makes some decent pictures, then I could maybe use instagram to show some of them ... anyway, great stuff!

Also, the hand drawing the bicyle (guess it's yours XD) is so much better already than the last hand studies I saw from you. Good job! And thank you, because seeing you guys sketching and improving motivates me to do so too.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. (S. Hawkins)

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 28, 2017, 06:19:46 PM »
Thanks, Gabryel. I know the feeling of scanner blues. Those things are indespensible when it cmoes to uploading drawings really. I used to work with a camera too but it was too frustrating haha. Wishyou luck on finding that phone.

Yeaup I haven`t yet gotten the nerve to draw other people`s hands, but I will try.

Glad I could inspire you a bit! I`ve been having the worst of times, but I`m glad to see that after looking up from it all I was still drawing more or less.

@Mahlua Yeah. Dat anime sickness got me bad, though. I look at collected works of renaissance artists and just melt at how good they are at capturing faces. They draw noses and cheeks well enough without making women look ugly or men like babies. I don`t know how it`s done.

How is the sketch game going your side?

latest sketch dump

« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 08:32:26 PM by reX »

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 28, 2017, 06:33:09 PM »
Keeping up with the sketches, cool stuff. A lot of it to. Seeing all the faces is neat especially because there is variety there. You get the shapes of things down pretty well with some very fast lines. The object studies and settings look cool here.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 28, 2017, 06:52:32 PM »
Cheers, Manimal muchly appreciated

Offline MahluaandMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 28, 2017, 07:15:25 PM »
It's nice to see your stuff around again. Seriously, where've you been all month? Haha, out sketching, looks like.

As for me, I haven't had much of a chance to do a lot. I've actually been working on letters as a side thing, but that involves a lot of writing over myself so the pages are illegible at this point (but it was a good exercise nonetheless). I've been busy elsewhere, though, as I'm sure your "evil twin" will tell you.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 28, 2017, 07:22:52 PM »
I wish it were that glamorous. Damn dragons.

Ah, penmanship. Wherever you`re updating your progress on that I`d like to see it because I have a doctor`s handwriting and no excuse to back that up.

Do you mean legoc? Haven`t met him in a while, but I`m curious. I`ll go digging around the city to see what`s up. Unfortunately I`ll look like a spam ninja for a while as I catch up with everything, but meh, everything`s got a price.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 28, 2017, 07:24:51 PM »
Do you mean legoc?

I dunno. It's the one who knows how to deal with those color-coded death puzzle cubes. :glare:
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 28, 2017, 07:34:33 PM »
Well now colour me concerned.

color-coded death puzzle cubes

Coryn? Or the tans?

Offline MahluaandMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 28, 2017, 07:37:39 PM »
...Yes?

Or I could ruin the fun and just point out the fact that there's literally a link in my description.
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline Nairbons

• A Rootin' Tootin' Cowpoke
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 30, 2017, 01:11:40 AM »
I don't know if it's the skazillion stick figures or the life drawings, but it's always fun to see you improving. Especially when you keep cranking out sketches (and bonus guest star Poetry) like you do. Makes me all warm and fuzzy to see you drawing on the right side of the brain.

Which brings me to my question: have you heard of or read that book "drawing on the right side of the brain?" I may have left and right mixed up here. Your drawings of hands just remind me of the high school art class I took that used that book.

Keeeeeeep it up!

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
  • Beware! Danger of sarcasm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 30, 2017, 05:51:09 AM »
Whooop! That café sketch, awesome!

Have you ever tried to draw human skulls, lego? I did that alot and it helped me to grasp the hape of the human head, because if you draw people you see, your mind always "helps" with informations or the feeling of knowing how it should look. That is difficult to overcome because we have so many informations about human heads and faces in our brain, and abstracting it by drawing skulls was a very good training to get away from that. Should integrate that in my drawing lessons ... *mumbles*
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. (S. Hawkins)