August 15, 2018, 04:36:18 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Miscellaneous Arts and Sketchbook  (Read 39208 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Miscellaneous Arts and Sketchbook
« Reply #480 on: April 30, 2017, 05:09:42 PM »
That sounds like a plan...  For some reason your images aren't showing on my PC though. Gotta use incognito mode to load them I think. That happens to me sometimes with suupertramps' images haha.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 30, 2017, 10:12:07 PM »
That's weird. I'm just using Photobucket, as always.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 02, 2017, 06:34:58 PM »
Photoshop can be really weird like that...

So I'm on a new stage of drawing, but it's no fun at all. I'm just drawing from life, trying to fill every second I can with looking at whatever is before me, whether my hand or impossible architecture out the window and drawing it.

Having an mp3 player is proving to be helpful sometimes, but oh my word there is an almost physical pain in my brain when I try to draw things I feel completely unable to comprehend, especially the more industrial things.

I had a pretty long day, but in the end it was interesting I suppose. I honestly don't know what exactly to focus on or get to next other than shoes, hands and buildings though, so I'll just keep at it.

Incoming sketch dump

Spoiler

« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 07:05:48 PM by reX »

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 02, 2017, 10:03:05 PM »
Good work on the hands. Love all the background drawings  :thumbsup:

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 03, 2017, 12:49:44 AM »
Hmm...this seems like a really cool exercise. I think I might start going around town doing the same, like I did when I found all those neat photos. It might do me a little good to get back into the game. Besides, I still have a sketchbook or two that could use some filling up. Thank you for the inspiration.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 03, 2017, 12:51:26 AM »
Cheers Mahlua, like I said in the other post you have more of the mindset for this sort of thing so I think you'll level up pretty well when you get at it. Will be looking forward to your stuff!

@Keane thank you!

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
  • Beware! Danger of sarcasm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 03, 2017, 09:20:42 AM »
Your hand studies are getting better! Keep it up!

For the next step, you could try what my father taught me. He broke down the hand into cubes and cylinders, or told me to draw simplified skeleton hands to grasp the movements of the fingers.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. (S. Hawkins)

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 12, 2017, 12:21:41 AM »
Physical pain in the brain? Yes please  ;D

That is a sign of learning and adaptation to the challenges you are giving yourself. Pain is the best. I wouldn't be surprised if all the best artists are masochists.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 12, 2017, 05:45:32 PM »
Your hand studies are getting better! Keep it up!

For the next step, you could try what my father taught me. He broke down the hand into cubes and cylinders, or told me to draw simplified skeleton hands to grasp the movements of the fingers.

I'll definitely try that out later down the line. The thing isI understand what people are aiming for when they say 'break down a form into 3d shapes' but I just don't see it. I can fake it, sure, but I don't see the invisible 3d lines behind the shapes haha. But thanks. Your father is an artist?

Thanks for commenting!

Physical pain in the brain? Yes please  ;D

That is a sign of learning and adaptation to the challenges you are giving yourself. Pain is the best. I wouldn't be surprised if all the best artists are masochists.

At this point I'll even end up accepting that title. More than masochist I'd just say I'm realistic about my faculties. I'm done searching that epic height of artistry I once wished for. I'll try to improve, but there's no chance I'm getting that absolute devestating knowledge of space and room that the likes of Kim Jung Gi have. Not fun to admit, but it is what it is. In the mean time I'll draw.

Not an excuse, but the majority of these were drawn in transit. I know it's frowned upon but I depend on my symbolic break down of things I see out my  bus/train window to draw the images. My backgrounds are sparse as it is, so if I'm able to at least use some of the elements of what I see it'd make them look at least a little more interesting.

I'm also getting a feel for drawing the pubs/bars I visit. Makes for interesting times.

When I have no reference at all that interests me, I draw my hands instead.

Incoming dump.

Spoiler

« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 07:34:40 PM by reX »

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 12, 2017, 10:37:25 PM »
Well, look at you, drawing everything under the sun. Keep it up, man, and eventually I'll be starting to do the same thing, going around town with a sketchbook, drawing everything. It'll be a fun thing. We could probably make a thread about it...Eventually.

Offline suupertramp

• Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 14, 2017, 01:17:49 PM »
wow, super large sketch dump! love it!
its a nice idea to draw while you are travelling, because other than reading or listening to music, theres not much you can do, and if yours journeys are long and frequent enough its a lot of time you can use to your advantage. plus when you draw a manga, you will be drawing a lot of these everyday items anyway :P
i sometimes use google maps street view to get some inspiration from different countries' streets :P
good work on the hands, they look really realistic. and overall, your drawings are less sketchy, probably because you are drawing them faster, but they look nicer, and more easy to see what they are clearly.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 14, 2017, 03:59:17 PM »
Actually you can spend hours on your phone forever, so yea for sure, it's either music, reading or drawing for me. I'm trying to win as few minutes as possible back from my phone as I can haha.

Cheers suuper. I've found general sketch runs and dumps have made me feel better about drawing than waiting to sit comfortably at my desk and come up with something great. I guess it all comes down to mileage, in the end.

I'll try the street view thing at one point, but for now I want to draw scenes that relate to my daily life, otherwise I could google anything at my computer and just have a folder with a thousand images = me waiting to sit at my desk or looking at my phone for reference again.

I guess because it's traditional? But yeah you could be right. Because I'm forced to be economical with my lines I don't have as much time to pet them as I usually do

Another sketch dump

Spoiler

« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 07:43:11 PM by reX »

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 14, 2017, 04:32:01 PM »
I love the building, cafe and hands :thumbsup:

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 14, 2017, 11:20:29 PM »
Particularly, I love the coffee shop. You're developing an eye for detail and constructing it. It looks like you had some perspective intricacies going on with your eyeline shifting. It makes an interesting curve.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 19, 2017, 03:10:42 PM »
Thanks Mahlua. I'm just trying to get a feel for things now. I'll need to look into drawabox.com though at a point to level up my mechanical skills.

It's been a long week: Music is always a salvation when it comes to drawing. It helps my mind drift haha.

@Keane Fox thanks!

Spoiler

« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 07:54:06 PM by reX »