December 07, 2019, 02:45:01 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Suuper's non-manga art  (Read 6897 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Suuper's non-manga art
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2019, 05:52:57 AM »
Hohoho naming layers like that is a low blow dude. Just how organized can a man be XD

I'll steal that.

Also love these from life drawings suuper! It really is a different feeling than when you work on a photograph, and it's such a different sense of dedication when you go out in public and sketch/draw. And trust me, when you see someone doing that it's generally a positive feeling from the side of an observer - I freak out happilly whenever I see someone going out in the park to sketch, or in the train drawing something. I swear, I don't even care if they are doodles. Actually, the more doodly the better because it makes me think more (not that photorealism isn't awesome.)

That village center looks interesting... Does it have a cafe's nearby by any chance? Cafe's are great sketching places.

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2019, 04:10:18 PM »
I find having named layers helps in that it reminds me what work is remaining, like sometimes I would forget to do highlights but now there's a named layer for it, I cant really forget now haha
Plus sometimes you want to make changes, and you have no idea what layer the thing you're trying to erase is on, so it helps to pinpoint where everything is.

It was near the middle of town, so yeah there were plenty of cafes. Although I would prefer to sit outside the cafe and draw, otherwise other than the inside of the cafe I can't sketch anything haha. If there hadn't been so much rain I might have done that more.
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2019, 03:29:00 PM »
Finished a 2 hour page. Spent about 50-90 seconds on each face.
I cant wait to get onto learning shading once I figure out placement of features.
Faces from Google images haha

Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2019, 07:10:08 AM »
Yessss. This stokes me so much to draw more with pen and ink. Love these, Suuper. Man you're really understanding the bones that make structures and protrusions depending on how the head moves (even if its' referenced, I tend to simplify things so much you don't really see those subtle bumps on the head.) Good stuff!

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2019, 01:55:57 PM »
Yeah I've been trying to increase the accuracy and keep an eye on those subtle shape changes. And it has already started to have an impact on my manga face proportions, which is kinda cool. As with pretty much everything, should have done it sooner :P

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2019, 02:40:49 AM »
923/1000 hands.
As I hinted at earlier somewhere, I've changed the way I do bulk regimes slightly, by drawing in a premade grid.
There isn't much difference to drawing without a grid, except it does make counting a lot easier.
Again in line with my larger pages, this is a 256 square grid so it took just under 2 hours to fill in. Beats saving a page every 15 minutes for sure, and I can stop at any time and just save my work, which has made it easier to start drawing if I am unsure of how much time I have to draw, knowing that I don't have to fill a whole page.

256 is convenient because 4 of them is 1024, so it's perfect for a regime. I could have done something smaller but I wanted a big square so there you go.

trouble is now I've got a random amount left to do. might do another 256 since the regime has lasted so long I think it lost its benefit a little.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 02:45:09 AM by suuper-san »