October 17, 2018, 06:24:14 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: [Issue 3] Half-Ton Woman  (Read 3947 times)

Offline SaiHawkeye

• Producer-san
    • View Profile
[Issue 3] Half-Ton Woman
« on: April 01, 2010, 02:55:47 AM »
(Originally thread for Royal Teardrop Fragment 2: Roles and Repentance)

I will be experimenting different drawing programs later today to choose the one that works best for me this time around. Manga Studio kept on giving me strange memory and tablet problems and Photoshop keeps crashing on me when I create 4 layers so now it looks like openCanvas and GIMP are my top two choices for the moment. xD

Roles and Repentance will focus on the difference in treatment of children in the royal court. There is a large divide between how the first-born child Princess Chae Ri (name subject to change) and the first born male Crown Prince Yong-Mu are treated. The events that occur in this chapter help to shape King Yang-Mu's (Yong-Mu's younger brother) character in my story Assassin's Guild.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 04:29:13 PM by SaiHawkeye »
I'm back~~~

Offline SaiHawkeye

• Producer-san
    • View Profile
[Issue 3] Half-Ton Woman
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 04:28:22 PM »
I'm having trouble with the backgrounds for Royal Teardrop so I'm putting it on hold for now.

Instead, I will be working on a new series that breaks away from my usual tragic themes in favor of a daily life comedy. The working title so far is Half-Ton Woman. More details to come tonight.
I'm back~~~

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: [Issue 3] Half-Ton Woman
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 01:52:23 PM »
O.o....seems like a strange subject

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline [aero]

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 02:06:03 PM »
[intrigued]

Offline SaiHawkeye

• Producer-san
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 02:05:51 AM »
I forgot to post about the story a few days ago. xD Sorry about that, I was busy attempting to design the character but I'm not satisfied with the designs I have so far.

The title Half Ton Woman is meant to be misleading. The title isn't given because of her weight, although there is something strange about it. Instead, the title is about her ability to lift half a ton.

The story is a slice of life comedy based around a young woman named Mayu. Back in high school, she accidentally became the hostage in a crime scene and somehow stopped the crime by herself. Watching from afar was the city's slick female superhero. Seeing hope in Mayu's abilities this superhero decides to share some of her power with Mayu. Little did the young girl know that these powers would bring with them some unwanted side effects.

There really isn't a point to this series other than comedy so I haven't designed a villain or plot yet.
I'm back~~~

Offline [aero]

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 02:10:12 AM »
XD

this sounds awesoem sai

Offline SaiHawkeye

• Producer-san
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 02:14:59 AM »
Hopefully it will be.

Right now, I'm having trouble figuring out where to start with her story. My original plan was to do it when she's 20 or 21 years old but she first gets her power when she's 16. A lot can happen in four years and the beginning of her struggles is just hilarious.

One of the first side effects she discovers the day after she gets the powers is her weight gain. Her physique didn't change but for some reason, she weighs twice as much as she should during her school physical examination. The doctor taking her measurements first thinks the scale is broken and asks for another one but the second scale reports the same weight. Oh, how her day is ruined. xD
I'm back~~~

Offline [aero]

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 02:23:53 AM »
so woulden't this need to take place when shes younger, possibly 17, or 18?

or were you planning on it being during college?

EDIT: i was also thinking that writing about her discovering the power as she goes (just after the hostage thing) would lead to some fun scenarios...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 02:27:26 AM by [aero] »

Offline SaiHawkeye

• Producer-san
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 02:28:36 AM »
My idea was to maybe work in her past at planned parts throughout the manga. She didn't continue education after high school and gets jobs that pay her well based on her strength.
I'm back~~~

Offline [aero]

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 02:29:55 AM »
ah

hmm, i actually dont think ive seen a slice of life comedy at a workplace... atleast anything like what you have

Offline Monsterful

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 02:30:44 AM »
She wouldn't fit in a high school and I think 17-18 it's the best age, young adult.

btw sounds very nice for a comedy!

Offline [aero]

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 02:33:53 AM »
jobS?

so shes gunna be switching a lot?

also, what kind of comedy? (crazy, romantic, reference etc.)

Offline SaiHawkeye

• Producer-san
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 02:41:56 AM »
Yes, she will be changing jobs many times. It will be a mixed comedy including romance, slap-stick, and strange occurrences.

The reason I wanted to make her a little older is because of a few things I wanted to work out with her first true crush later in life. She fell in love with a boy back in high school but he moved away for the first two years of college. After a few years, he's returned to the city and I wanted to play around with their relationship a bit.

I'm also still working on the rest of the cast. I don't even have a name for the superhero yet. xD  So far, she has a genius scientist friend that's been trying to help her cure her side effects but those cures just end up bringing more trouble.
I'm back~~~

Offline [aero]

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 05:57:11 AM »
sounds great sai, i cant wait to see what you come up with for this

btw, are you writing, drawing, or both?

Offline SaiHawkeye

• Producer-san
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2010, 12:29:21 AM »
I will be drawing this story for the anthology to take a break from Royal Teardrop. I'm bad at doing backgrounds so I decided to make the castle scene in 3D and use a cel-shading effect to use it in the manga. Also, I broke three of my fingers in a fight so I didn't feel like working on my main project. >.<
I'm back~~~