December 19, 2018, 03:38:59 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Dream Thread  (Read 4787 times)

Offline Manimal Claus

• God Of Yule & Seasoned Greetings
  • We All Love Santa Christ
    • View Profile
Re: Dream Thread
« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2017, 04:38:04 PM »
I think I experienced sleep paralysis for the first time this morning.

I had a dream that Raven Symone was running around behind a McDoland's, messing in the sewers and falling down hills. Then I like kind of woke up and was in my room but I saw the door open and someone was asking me questions about going to Hawaii and I was confused, then saw a light flashing in my eyes. I realized I couldn't move and started breathing all intense until I just kind of shook it off the next second.

I don't know what that was but it was something. I think this has happened before, but I've just woke up and felt like I couldn't move, so I just push myself to move something to break it. Though this time something actually happened in my room so that was...different.

Offline MahluaandEggnog

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2018, 03:56:56 PM »
Had an MR related dream.

I was going up some old gravel road to meet with Coryn and Lego at some place called Pass church, but before you get to the church, the road winds up along the graveyard. I got weird vibes the whole time, but I'm like, it's a graveyard where none of my kin are buried. Maybe the spirits are just anxious. But, then I got to the top of the hill and saw the church. It was absolutely overrun with shadow-people (a common type of spirit that can range from annoying to malicious) and some faceless what I registered as demons. They looked either like tiny, less lanky slendermen, or, as I realized when I woke up, kind of like these things from the Galerians franchise:

Either way, I said "f*ck that" and went back down the hill and took the long way back to a Science Division base, which was hidden in a pediatric health facility. On the way down, some guy was looking for Pass church and I warned him not to go up there because it was haunted, but he went anyway. The whole way to the Science Division I was on lucid and high alert. I was probably talking in my sleep because I was very focused on my breath and intention. Pretty much the entire trip, I was chanting "The gods and the ancestors be with me." When I finally found my way back, Everlastin pointed out that a breaker had went out on Coryn's main addition to the facility, and she noticed four huge scratches up my arm, and when I turned over the other arm, there were three more up my wrist.

I'm pretty sure I had this dream because I happened to find a shadow person hanging out in the corner of my room just before bed. Actually, right after I turned out the lights. I aggressively banished it, because excuse you, bitch, where you invited into this room? No? Then get out! You're not welcome. Thankfully, none of the scratches from the dreams showed up on my physical body, although I still feel a bit of that burning sting on my left arm.
Darned magic shenanigans. I hope dream!Coryn and dream!Lego were all right with all those spirits.

Offline Santa's Little Fro Elf

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2018, 07:49:37 PM »
Ominous looking churches and spirits are never a good combo... Also, I got silent hill vibes from reading this.
Messatsu...

Offline Robin Ryuu

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2018, 08:09:03 PM »
I had an interesting dream before waking up today, though I only vaguely remember it now...  Scenery changed a few times, but...

The first scene had a sort of misty depression in between sheer cliffs. I was hiding from something using a trench system, before I hopped up and confronted whoever was there...

The second scene was sort of a secret hideout that me and someone else had infiltrated and well that turned into a fiasco. I think it exploded.

the last one was where me and a few other people were traveling far into a deep cave to deal with something and one of my companions handed me a string of rocks that I recognized to have explosive properties. I get the feeling that whatever we were going to face they would rather seal us all inside the cave than to let it escape.

Offline yulemaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has nice snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2018, 08:07:44 AM »
You're getting into a lot of dangerous situations there Robin. And if you happen to revisit your dreams, remember cool guys don't look at explosions.

Had wierd dreams. Obama was told he couldn't go to a rally because it was dangerous and was held up in traffic, ended up in a bus somehow and started talking to the people there.

There was an old man in a swanky white suit and I was just observing and a thought came to me, 'Man, I imagine this guy has everything he ever wanted but no family so he just spends all his extra money on living lavishly.

Interesting. Then I started humming a song. I knew I had to record it on my phone and spent a good time fumbling my pockets for it, but of course it was a dream. I got out of the dream with the tune still in tact and found my phone and recorded it.

Went to sleep again. This time there was another scene of some beautiful woman singing out a window with yet another tune! Woke up and recorded a sketch for that too.

The first time in years I think I've been inspired by dreams.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2018, 09:01:12 AM »
@mahlua: I can report no such weirdness on my own end, at least.

I've never had any shadow people experiences, although they seem common enough if the internet to be believed. Although they only seem like minor annoyances in comparison to the poor bastards to experience Old Hag Syndrome.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2018, 02:24:01 PM »
I had one of them try to choke my once (I was awake). It seems like seeing them is correlated with strong sleep deprivation. Never had dreams about them.

Crazy theory time: Those things are not a product of imagination, but real beings. They are some kind of spirits of aliens that dwell beyond the material realm of existence. Our brains are unable percieve them because of our own limitations, but they are always around us (Plato's cave allegory).

Facebook       Patreon

Offline MahluaandEggnog

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2018, 02:45:00 PM »
In my experience, they're definitely real. It's not just a theory. Certain "strains" of them, you might say, are responsible for things like sleep paralysis and deprivation, hence the time they are commonly spotted by "normies" for lack of a better word. They seem to feed on chaos, negativity, messiness, or just energy in general. My friend who was born into a maternal line of people who can see spirits says they're far more common in urban areas for that reason.

Usually as Coryn says they're just a minor nuisance. Can give you a right spook, though, even if you are used to seeing them. I certainly didn't expect to find one by my bed. In my dreams, though, or out in woods or parking lots, yeah. Even I see 'em.

Offline MahluaandEggnog

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2018, 04:44:43 PM »
Well, I had a helluva dream last night.

My ex, the one who I've written a lot of poetry about and for, the one who died last year, was still alive. She was with a new man, a better man, a man who took care of her and showed her love and kindness, a man any person would be blessed to have. It seemed that I was with her, too, back to the way things were before everything crashed and burned--a nice poly little household. I remember telling her about my recent problems as we were walking around downtown, and she patted my head. I wouldn't say that she was nicer so much as freer, like she wasn't scared to show her affection anymore, and it wasn't as tense. Some friends and I wound up at her place with her current boyfriend or however it was with them, and she revealed that she was pregnant. I remember kissing her tight belly and making the promise that I would protect the child, because it was her child, and therefore I would love it as my own. She couldn't have been much past the start of the second trimester, if that.

There were other weird parts of the dream, like a local villain meet up spot catching a little on fire and having to be shut down while they sued the contractor for the problem that started the fire and won an $11,000 lawsuit. (Technically it was in two parts, 7k and 4k, but whatever).