November 21, 2018, 05:06:07 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Favorite kind of weapon?  (Read 18349 times)

Offline Takeo

• That One Asian DJ
  • Yo! What's Happenin'?
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite kind of weapon?
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2013, 01:50:37 PM »
Being a gun guy, I obviously love guns. But, there's very specific ones that really stand out to me in anime. First off, I can't stand 9mm, because I'm a .45 ACP type of guy. And I hate the desert eagle.

Mr. Chang's AMT Hardballer Longslide 1911's from Black Lagoon

I love 1911's. They're my all-time favorite handgun (and a travesty that Call of Duty consistently nerfs the gun in the worst possible ways. .45 ACP is SUPPOSED to be more powerful than a 9x19mm). Mr. Chang's Hardballers are freaking awesome 1911's, albeit somewhat impractical due to the long slide.

Spike's IMI Jericho 941 from Cowboy Bebop

Call this a "Baby Eagle" and I'll e-slap you. This awesome .45 handgun is related to the Desert Eagle in only one way: the manufacturer, Israeli Military Industries (aka Magnum Research). This is Spike's main weapon of choice, and is a somewhat obscure choice for an anime, but that makes it much more awesome. The Jericho is pretty underrated IMHO in anime, and more awesome anime characters need to use it more often.

AK-47, AKM, and any and all 7.62x39mm AK-Pattern Rifles used in MANY anime and manga.
This needs no picture, most of you know what the AK-47 is. And I'm going to say this now: SCREW YOUR M16's, M4's, and AR15's. If I were ever to be portrayed as an anime character that's gun crazy, I'd rather use a gun that I can beat to crap, and it'll still work and shoot accurately no matter how much dirt, mud, dust, water, crap I can throw on it. The AK is portrayed with having poor accuracy, when in actuality, in trained hands, the AK can be more accurate and less susceptible to wind than the AR-series of rifles (I've proved this with my own hands IRL. I can shoot a real AK better than I can shoot an M16 and M4) due to using a heavier bullet. The AK is my all-time favorite assault rifle, and I'd use it over an AR on my life any day.

Mossberg M500 and M590 12 Gauge used in various anime by nameless characters (mainly in Gunsmith Cats)

Another underrated weapon, it's a shame more anime characters don't use the no-nonsense all-work-no-play shotguns in the form of the Mossberg 500 and 590. IRL, these shotguns are cheap and awesome. This is especially true as Remington has been dropping the ball recently with their manufacturing. Oh, 870's, how I miss your pre-2005 shotguns.

Sousuke Sagara's Benelli M3 Super 90 Convertible Shotgun from Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu

Another cool underrated shotgun, the M3 adds to the functionality in that it's convertible, which means that you can switch back and forth between pump and semi-automatic. And given Sagara's military background, it's used to comedic effect. Again, a shame it's not used more often.

I would go on, but then I'd be going on all day about anime guns. I'll probably post again at a later time to cover non-gun weapons that I'm especially fond of, but they're few and far between.

Offline Zealapeal

• Zealous Artist
  • Anti-Despotist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2013, 04:35:05 PM »
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline joymov

• Joyous Of Mov's
  • Thinking is so mainstream, that's why i dream.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2013, 05:32:44 PM »
DEATH SCYTHE FTW!!!
Dreaming in vivid color.

Offline Hitman_71

• Creator Of G.S.A
  • Golden!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2013, 02:41:59 AM »
 :hmm: This is a hard one! I love too many weapons, but my favorite would be no doubt Mystogan's Staffs from Fairy Tail! I'm a fantasy lover!

Offline Darksquirrel

• Mine is the fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2013, 05:06:51 AM »
A cudgel. Smashing someones head in is a lot easier than slitting their throat. Alternatively a shortsword, or a Colt .45
Light novel guildsmen, Click here

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2013, 02:10:52 PM »
I'd like to say that my favorite weapon is something unique and impressive, but, honestly, I'm a sucker for a good sword, dagger, or knife. In particular, I like King Bradley's swords in FMA, Maes Hughs' knives, Hei's wire knife thing in Darker than Black, Zuko's and Jet's respective dual-wielded broadswords and hookswords in The Last Airbender...

Offline Darksquirrel

• Mine is the fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2013, 02:31:16 PM »
I'd like to say that my favorite weapon is something unique and impressive, but, honestly, I'm a sucker for a good sword, dagger, or knife. In particular, I like King Bradley's swords in FMA, Maes Hughs' knives, Hei's wire knife thing in Darker than Black, Zuko's and Jet's respective dual-wielded broadswords and hookswords in The Last Airbender...

It's quite often the simple things that get to you. The countless times when I've watched anime and the villain could have simply been defeated by a bonk over the head. Would have sort of spoiled the story though...

Congrats on 100 posts by the way.
Light novel guildsmen, Click here

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2013, 11:05:39 AM »
^Thank You. ;D

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2013, 06:33:59 PM »
The DEATHNOTE!!!  :ninja: hehehe just joking, don't think I'm a loud to pick that xD

Offline Hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2013, 12:08:14 AM »
DIAMOND KATANA WITH A DESERT EAGLE ATTACHED TO ITS HANDLE!

Offline suuper-san

• Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2013, 08:17:16 AM »
often its more how the weapon is used (ie who uses it) rather than the weapon itself.
some characters can make any weapon awesome

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2014, 01:55:07 PM »
Personally, I like scythes. I could probably never wield one without a long time of practice to enhance my upper body strength and footwork, but I would love to be able to. If not, I also love staffs and the ilk up to guan dao (or naginata). Kind of mid-range to put some distance between my opponent and I but still able to do damage and block well. I also wouldn't mind a ball and chain mace, but again, the upper body strength needed for that is.. :-\

((bringing this thread back because I think this is interesting))

Offline Nekonomicon

• =^.^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2014, 01:59:16 PM »
Japanese swords. Any Japanese sword, all Japanese swords. I love them all :3

But my favorite is probably a plain, minimalist Katana :3
Does this make me a boring person?

Offline Robin Ryuu

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2014, 02:00:36 PM »
I love claw type weapons.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2014, 02:03:43 PM »
@Nekonomicon: Not really. I feel that katanas have wonderful aesthetic value, but I personally don't find them all that useful in battle.

In general, with bladed weapons, you always have to keep in mind sharpening and how certain things can make them go blunt. Granted, though, I listed some blade weapons myself. Weapon care is just as important as training to wield it..at least, IMO.