August 14, 2018, 10:48:20 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Favourite Manga Artist?  (Read 13355 times)

Offline Iceh

• I punch cheap hookers like you for breakfast
    • View Profile
Favourite Manga Artist?
« on: December 22, 2009, 08:49:46 PM »
I guess this is kinda like the "What manga artist would you like to meet.." question.. but in a way, totally different.
So guys- What artist in the professional mangaka world to you most look up to? Are most influenced by- art-wise? Would possibly like to train under? Etc, etc? And why?

I guess I'll go first, hmm. :)
I would love, love, love to be able to train under Yusuke Murata (genius artist behind Eyeshield 21). His artwork.. whew... just blows me away. Maybe, hmm, to the untrained eye it would be like, "Eh! Standard shonen!" No, no way in hell. Just look at the panel layouts, and how varied he is! The perspective in every single panel and unique face angles.. ahh.. I could just drool over it all day. I find, a good way to learn, is not.. nessasarly to COPY his art... but to study it. And don't just stare at it.. figure out where he's placing his lines! So yeah, I'm deeply influenced by his artistic style.. and hope (in my wildest dreams) to be even half as good as he is. Ok... maybe 3/4 as he is.. Siiiiiiiigh.. well enough about me.. your turn!

Offline SaiHawkeye

• Producer-san
    • View Profile
Re: Favourite Manga Artist?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 08:54:50 PM »
I would have too many to list because I'm a sucker for beautiful art. I follow Chinese, Korean, and Japanese manga so the names go into the hundreds. Right now though, I would mention CLAMP, Myung-Jin Lee, Masakazu Katsura, and Yuu Watase.

I do agree with you that studying your favorite author's work is as important as reading it if you want to learn from them. This is one of the first tips I give to people who want to start their own manga but don't know how to do panel layouts or create a manga altogether.
I'm back~~~

Offline Fallen Kite

• Fallen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 06:49:20 AM »
My favorite artist? I don't know :o Why don't I know?!  :'(
Work in progress: Everything.
Alternative title: Nothing.

Offline AnimeDoodler

• Life's a pencil and someone is chewing my eraser..
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 05:07:04 PM »
hmmmm....probably Nobuyuki Anzai (MAR, Flame of Recca) orr.....FMA artist ( name eludes me  -.-)

Offline Iceh

• I punch cheap hookers like you for breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 05:57:38 PM »

If you don't know.. maybe it's because you don't pay attention to the artists that create your favourite manga? You should try paying attention more often.. usually these names can help you find your new favourites in the future. Also, it's always good to look up to an artist, that way you can get inspired and pick up tips more easily. : )

Offline trio-jam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 08:44:35 PM »
I like many manga, but my favorite artist should be...Panu Nateenon...(He's Thai, and I'm not sure how to spell his name - -")

His works are quite well, and I like his attitude!
MY ENGLISH IS REALLY BAD!! (- -"

Offline Fallen Kite

• Fallen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 09:12:06 AM »

If you don't know.. maybe it's because you don't pay attention to the artists that create your favourite manga? You should try paying attention more often.. usually these names can help you find your new favourites in the future. Also, it's always good to look up to an artist, that way you can get inspired and pick up tips more easily. : )
My favorite manga's artist isn't my favorite manga artist... And sometimes the artwork differs, so I can't say that there's one at the top  :secret:

Offline crowheart7

• Help me, there is a gun pointed to my temple!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2009, 07:37:53 PM »
The man who drew Akira, I think his name is Otomo

The people look actually look Japanese

Although, he cannot really draw attractive women (He said so himself)

The creator of Full Metal Alchemist also has an awesome art style  (I am terrible with names)

The manga artist who does Black Lagoon is also great   
Beyond the reach of human range

A drop of hell, a touch of strange
 -Stephen King: The Dark Tower I-The Gunslinger

Offline animeABC

• Laughter is the best medicine! So SMILE!! ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 03:42:10 AM »
the mangaka of shakugan no shana and d. gray man,  Yashichiro Takahashi and Katsura Hoshino. Even though not really good drawings, the manga they make for me is really good. The characters are well created well, maybe because I love mystery and science! ^^
and now The mangaka of Maid-sama!
Usually I used the style of Shakugan no Shana because of the eyes and IM trying to learn Maid Sama style..
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 03:39:42 AM by animeABC »
I'm going to be a future mangaka!

Offline Fallen Kite

• Fallen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 03:05:57 PM »
Hmmm... rethinking the question/answer

I don't think I'm (=my work -is-) inspired by any mangakas... I did Doodle's tutorial, which may have been inspiring me a lot (by making me to consider clothes- and heads)  :hmm: But if I were to choose a style right now, I would choose Kumeta Kohji (Zetsubou Sensei), but maybe it's just because I'm really into it right now? Anyway, the drawings are somehow plain, yet...

Offline Account Disabled

• I'll write my own life's story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 04:00:29 PM »
Interesting and unique, that's what Zetsubou sensei focuses on, more the philosophy, the art is different, simple, yet it catches the eye. Is that something like you wanted to say Kite?
Arcane Judgement - Chapter 5 END (Now being reworked):
http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php?topic=2972.0

Offline Fallen Kite

• Fallen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 04:13:31 PM »
Interesting and unique, that's what Zetsubou sensei focuses on, more the philosophy, the art is different, simple, yet it catches the eye. Is that something like you wanted to say Kite?
You took my thoughts and translated 'n' transformed them into words... Or said in another way: That's it  :JC_cheesy:

dawood

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 04:22:20 PM »
my favourite manga artist is the awesome echiiro oda creator of one piece....
some say is art style is simple... i say its unique.. the character designs are totally awesome

Offline matsurinoaoi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2010, 07:10:50 PM »
Waah...there's so many art styles I like...Yukiru Sugisaki, Yun Kouga, Masashi Kishimoto, Takeshi Obata...but I think the one I admire most would be Natsuki Takaya...more so through the middle of her series, Fruits Basket. I think she doesn't have a lot of assistants, so she draws a lot the backrounds. I lack ability to draw nonliving things, so I wish I could draw in that sense, too...And the way that she places characters and dialouge in panels...yes, I admire that, too...and sometimes I look at the fine linery in the hair of the characters and it makes me want to cry...so...yeah.

Offline matsurinoaoi

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2010, 07:12:07 PM »
Also, the manga-ka of FullMetal Alchemist is Hiromu Arakawa.