March 29, 2024, 01:05:42 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Latest Naruto Manga chapter  (Read 179206 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Latest Naruto Manga chapter
« Reply #720 on: November 06, 2014, 02:27:32 PM »
You mean Oda did something too at the end? Loved when I saw the easter egg he left at the end of Naruto.

Stupidly only read 699 and realized it was a double release.

Really enjoyed this ending. Bravo and props to Kishimoto-sensei. So emotionally overwhelmed

Offline Robin Rain

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: November 06, 2014, 02:32:17 PM »
I'm guessing that you didn't click on the links that I left.  ;)

Offline MissChurro

• ~Queen of Kawaii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 06, 2014, 02:49:15 PM »
I saw that earlier! I thought it was awesome hehe.

Did anyone click the link I left? I'm pretty excited that it's not completely over! I wonder what the spin-off is gonna follow? I wonder if it'll pick up in the time the manga ended, following their lives as adults.

Offline Shisko

• Theoretical Astrophysicist
  • I am a writer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: November 06, 2014, 03:51:32 PM »
The ending was not good, nothing but fan service in 700. 699 was fine, it should have been the ending, I still think Sasuke should not have had such a rapid change fro ma simple fight, but from learning himself over time. I can deal with it though, but I hate Naruto's kids, those fruit basket's and the rest are nothing but exact clones with little too no creativity.

Kishi too me ruined it with 700, yet at the same time bringing a good end too it. However the manga continues with the kids in another manga by some other guy. Sucks Neji is gone.
"Science is a way to keep from fooling our self and each other..." Dr. Tyson

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
  • Will eat your cookies
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: November 06, 2014, 05:57:22 PM »
Wow... I'm stuck working my ass off 10am to 11:30pm for a week and I log back in and feel like i've slept through the apocalypse!!!

That fan service ending was exactly what I imagined would happen (and the predicted ships sailed too... I know a lot of people that will be happy :P). Really appreciated the full colour chapter though and it's always nice to see all of the familiar faces all grown up :)

To me this all feels like a bigger version of Shaman king and Flowers. It's not bad, although I'm sure many people could think of loads of ways to end Naruto better.

Are we sure that the story will continue with the kids? What are people's opinions of a continuation story? There is a title of a new Kishi work at the end of the chapter, is that it or is that something different? Regardless it says "Spring time".
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 06:13:33 PM by NO1SEY »

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
  • Someone who will tell you what you need to hear
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: November 06, 2014, 06:24:27 PM »
i think 700 was exactly what the fans wanted at least. not exactly seeing what we wanted to see, but got what we wanted to have happened in the end. At least Naruto is with Hinata, Sakura is with Sasuke.

But what worries me is the city above the faces of the Hokage. it feels like we're going to be seeing a far more modern interpretation of Naruto. I just hope for the most part they don't invent something new for Bolt series spin off (if that's what it will be).

There's still unanswered questions. Kaguya and all....it seems like if you think about it, Naruto's ending can only be redeemed if the spin off answers all the questions. if it even is a spin off....it will most likely be considered a direct sequel.
Stop playing victim....you know what you did.

Offline MissChurro

• ~Queen of Kawaii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: November 06, 2014, 06:30:57 PM »
I was worried about the modernization myself... I mean, they've had laptops and such a time or two before, but nothing has been as extreme as that city. I hope they don't do much with that, because I've always found the Naruto world enchanting... I think too much modernization would ruin it. :hmm:

I also heard the "spin-off" called a "mini series" in a few articles... So it may be a direct sequel. Well, spring isn't too far away, so I guess we'll found out soon enough. ::)

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
  • Will eat your cookies
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: November 06, 2014, 06:35:31 PM »
I did notice the city in the background and the laptop Naruto was using...

But then I did think to myself, the world of Nauto went through a time jump where Kekkashi became Hokage and then quit, and then Naruto took over and grew up, and all of the Ninjas are grown up, a lot have kids. What are we talking... 20-35 years? Think how far the modern world came in such a short time... the difference between 1915 during world war one and 1940 during world war 2 was drastic, and the difference between then and 1990's was even more so, and then the technological advancements since then that have just been at insane paces.

So it's not unbelievable in my mind, but at the same time I understand your apprehension of a spin-off/sequel following a more modern interpretation, especially with the traditional style village sitting right in front of a bustling metropolis... On the whole I'm more interested to see what they do with it really.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 06:37:18 PM by NO1SEY »

Offline MissChurro

• ~Queen of Kawaii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: November 06, 2014, 06:40:42 PM »
Oh goodness, that long? I wasn't thinking 25-30 years at all... The characters look much to young for that. :hmm:
Don't forget, Naruto and the gang were 16-18 during the war, and the adults were mostly around 30. So I was thinking 10 years at the most, if we judge by their appearances.
If it was that long, dang, that puts things in an entirely new perspective...

Offline hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: November 06, 2014, 06:58:39 PM »
It was a very fast paced ending but i enjoyed it til the end, Thanks and good work Kishimoto-sensei.

Btw, am i the only one who was surprised at who Chouji was married to?

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: November 06, 2014, 06:59:28 PM »
Well even for a 20 year difference, the advancements still do appear to skyrocket. Its not the technology part, but the aesthetics that are more bothersome.

But i just hope "Bolt" series will answer the questions that the original Naruto. I have a feeling that Bolt and Sasuke's daughter will end up together and that will be the one that ends it all. I hope however that we see more uchiha. i know their importance has been overplayed, but i really feel like their presence made the story that much more interesting.

Also, no you're not the only one who is surprised.

Offline MissChurro

• ~Queen of Kawaii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: November 06, 2014, 07:07:58 PM »
I was surprised with who Chouji married, I didn't even recognize who Kiba married, and was it ever even shown who Lee married? :hmm:

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
  • Will eat your cookies
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: November 06, 2014, 07:30:22 PM »
Chouji looked freakin awesome with the beard :P

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: November 06, 2014, 07:31:48 PM »
So do you think Bolt will have the Byakugan?

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
  • Will eat your cookies
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: November 06, 2014, 07:37:56 PM »
if he does it won't develop for a while... especially if he has inherited Naruto's propensity for learning... or lack thereof...

That's a thing i'm interested in seeing. We have gotten used to huuuuuge and devastatingly powerful jutsus. Now they have to tone it back again... I'd like to see some really nicely thought out and creative, new, small scale techniques.

I actually like Bolts design a lot... looks like a kid Minato. It's pretty standard... but I think it works and would also fit in a modern setting too.