March 29, 2024, 06:31:15 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Natsu Showdown  (Read 4821 times)

Offline natsu

• View Profile
Natsu Showdown
« on: March 11, 2023, 10:47:55 PM »
Here are some of my recent finished pages/draws, most of them are on spanish sorry for that. I will post the final works (translated) in the manga section eventually, just enjoy (...) and give your opinion about the artwork.

Those are some pages of Infernity (which is now fully translated and posted in the manga section). They will give you a good idea of my general mangaish art style:

These two are fully colored pages of Perfect Wife Prototype, an ecchi/love comedy story that also started as a throwaway manga (i will probably not post it unless i redraw most of it). This one will give you an idea of how my colored artwork looks like:

These are some random ilustrations i made fully on a PC. I can use this style for things like cover ilustrations and light novels, but not for your regular manga:

Hope you did enjoyed them at least a bit, i will keep updating this post when my skills get better.

That was the Natsu Showdown!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2023, 02:48:19 AM by natsu »

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Re: Natsu Showdown
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2023, 04:30:23 AM »
that's some pretty good pages of manga you have there!
a nice use of tones to make the characters pop from the page, as well as some cool effects like breaking through the panel borders which is very effective.
looking forward to seeing more!!!
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline natsu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2023, 12:47:52 AM »
that's some pretty good pages of manga you have there!
a nice use of tones to make the characters pop from the page, as well as some cool effects like breaking through the panel borders which is very effective.
looking forward to seeing more!!!

Thank you Suuper, I though on telling you that manga is now translated and posted in the manga section. Hopefully you don't struggled very hard to follow the story :-P

Also I'm updating the opening post with some new (but older) artwork, so fellow artists can see more of my different styles.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2023, 04:06:17 AM »
fortunately I can understand Spanish from my school days so I could follow pretty well, actually the hardest part was the double page spread format making the font small to read XD
I'll have a look at the full manga, can't wait to read it!

just a thought: rather than updating the original post, you might like to make a new reply with your new artworks as that makes it easier for people to comment on what you've added otherwise they have to look around to see what you've added and might miss it even!

I love the coloured artworks and the illustrations at the bottom, the quality is very good! If you plan on moving into digital then a tablet is a good investment, but your ink works are pretty solid so I'm guessing you might prefer traditional?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 04:07:48 AM by Suuper-san »
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2023, 12:14:25 PM »
You've got very clean artwork for only being into it for 3 months. Do you have a background in other forms of art?

My own Spanish is laughably poor (I can get a table at a restaurant and order beer, what else do I need?) but I could get the gist.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline natsu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2023, 06:07:29 PM »
fortunately I can understand Spanish from my school days so I could follow pretty well, actually the hardest part was the double page spread format making the font small to read XD
I'll have a look at the full manga, can't wait to read it!

just a thought: rather than updating the original post, you might like to make a new reply with your new artworks as that makes it easier for people to comment on what you've added otherwise they have to look around to see what you've added and might miss it even!

I love the coloured artworks and the illustrations at the bottom, the quality is very good! If you plan on moving into digital then a tablet is a good investment, but your ink works are pretty solid so I'm guessing you might prefer traditional?

Gracias por ser tan amable!

The double page layout is rather a necesity because of paper bein so expensive in my place, i just fold a sheet in 2 so i have two pages on each side of the sheet, 4 per sheet.

I'm inking with cheap 0.5 gel ink pens (hopefully it gives the rigth flavour to the final art).

A tablet is a somewhat expensive investment rigth now but migth do the trick (i made these draws by drawing directly on my laptop's tactile screen using a special tactile pen i found cheap elsewhere). I've tried drawing on a designer friend's tablet before and it's amazing: i do draw twice as fast and with top notch quality!

You've got very clean artwork for only being into it for 3 months. Do you have a background in other forms of art?

My own Spanish is laughably poor (I can get a table at a restaurant and order beer, what else do I need?) but I could get the gist.

I drew a lot of comics when i was 6 to 14, tried to make it in a art school but got quickly tired of the pofessors. Finally, i left the drawing table when i got my first GF at the age of 15 (a big mistake, i found later). I passed a very dark age from my 18 to 22 going from *censored*ty jobs to hikikomorying 3 years. Then one day i read an old comic i made in 2012 and something just clicked in my head. That was three months ago when i touched a pen for the first time in 8 years, and i have not stopped until i posted my first manga (Infernity) here.

Youre never too old to follow your dream. I gess :-\

Here are the pages that made me believe in the path of manga again:

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2023, 10:19:58 AM »
Don't even think the words "too old" at 23, lol. I'm 31, and have been writing since I was 16. That inner fire comes and goes, but as long as you don't let the ember burn out it will always come back.

Reading your pages, I'm honestly a little surprised there hasn't been a snot pokemon yet.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline natsu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2023, 02:47:57 AM »
Don't even think the words "too old" at 23, lol. I'm 31, and have been writing since I was 16. That inner fire comes and goes, but as long as you don't let the ember burn out it will always come back.

Reading your pages, I'm honestly a little surprised there hasn't been a snot pokemon yet.

Thank you guys for being so nice, i love the good vibes in this board.

What i regret most is taking 8 years to let the fire blaze again.

@Coryn there's a new topic in the general section i would like to hear your take on, its Novel VS Manga VS Anime by natsu.

Also, a girl friend of mine who is also into manga just got a G-Pen i want to try, i will upload some new art as soon as i can! I heard G-Pens are hard to handle at first, any input?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 11:57:01 PM by natsu »

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2023, 07:54:35 AM »
that's a great couple of pages, love the motion and energy in them!
and glad they revived your passion :D

I have minimal traditional experience outside of ballpoint pen but IMO just play around for a couple of hours and you'll soon learn a fair bit about how to use any new tool, digital or traditional. And general experience will help with learning new things so the more you know, the easier it is to learn more.

And as a 30+ person myself I also am shocked to hear such speech from a youngster :P
I had art as a casual hobby for around 6-8 years and I now regret not taking it seriously sooner, but at the time I was trying to avoid getting too obsessed as I'm very one-track minded XD So I can relate to your regret very much. Sometimes we only find out what we want to do by doing other stuff that we do'nt like and then we suddenly realize what we really want to do down the line.

Offline natsu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2023, 03:41:07 AM »
I'm updating the OP with a color remake of the original pages, they are still on spanish though :-z

I've dicovered my mangaish art is very clean and easy to color (and edit in general), so this colored style will become my primary goto style when drawing manga of any kind.

Enjoy!

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2023, 04:32:25 AM »
looks nice!
full colour manga is somewhat rare so it's pretty cool to see :P
keep it up!

Offline Operative13

• Self-Proclaimed Writer and Anime Enthusiast
  • Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2023, 10:41:18 AM »
Not bad, I must say! Keep working on your characters, and in due time you'll definitely get to the level of professionals in no time!  :thumbsup: Suuper here has been participating in the Sketch Surivival thread for sometime now. It might be a good habit for you to get in and make your own additions as well  8)
“To give of oneself is the noblest of all acts.”

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ope1ativ3
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/OPHolden

Offline natsu

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2023, 08:10:39 PM »
Those are some ilust i made taking random jap gravure idol images as reference, i call this character Mana (the same i used for the OPs last few ones):

Those are 4 pages of the first manga i did three and a half months ago, migth as well give you an idea of how bad i was after 8 years of not touching a pen:

The story, if you wonder, is one of the darker ones i like writing about. The main chara discovers a website full of hidden cameras that allows him to spy anyone. It uses his new power to spy on the girl he likes, just to find an obscure secret about her.

Will update tomorrow with G-Pen inked art, whish me luck!

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2023, 06:46:27 AM »
great copies, especially at the difficult angles, you got the foreshortening done well!

Offline natsu

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2023, 12:56:49 AM »
Some G-Pen practices:

I like how the pen feels on contact with the paper, and it gives flavour to draws very easily but its probably going to take me 6 months of practice to even reach the level i have with liquid ink pens right now. Liquid ink is the easy way, you can get good quality draws with little effort.

On another topic, im working on a program prototype to speed up my digital art. I notice most of the time i invest is in sketching as drawing on a laptops screen is less accurate than a tablet, i end up using lots of undo to finish.

This program is a tool to do the page design and sketching of charactets without even touching the pen. I can finish sketching 2 pages regulairly in 5 minutes. This means i can work 25 minutes in just inking and editing the page, and the result is 2 great looking pages in just 1 hour (effectively DOUBLING the speed of traditional method)

I have to test it on a real manga though, but results are promising. ^ v ^