April 19, 2024, 02:20:58 AM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Xseos "The Lone Raven" - Book 1  (Read 3707 times)

Offline Xseos

• View Profile
Re: Xseos "The Lone Raven" - Book 1
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2022, 12:49:31 PM »
Spoiler

👋  Hi and thank you!! I have been drawing since I was a young child. First actual drawing was Goku in super Saiyan 3 form, I was around 5, that being siad for approximately 25 years or so. I draw with both left and right hand my left is smooth and patient my right it's the cleaner, copy, shade and detailer. I learned that I could use both hands last year 2021. If you are interested in my method I can point out the pros and cons of it. ^_^. Down below I will post the left hand drawing of one of my book character villain.
G.N.D

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2022, 07:24:21 AM »
Wow so many lovely sketches!
I like the simplified shading on the wolf, and the details on the clothing and armour of all the characters!
I draw with both hands as well since I'm mostly ambidextrous, but on my screen tablet I can only calibrate for one hand at a time :/
I would definitely be interested in the pros and cons of your method for future reference :)
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2022, 12:58:25 PM »
Whoa, I can't imagine finding out at our age (I'm just a few years behind you), that I could write with both hands, let alone draw, lol. I'm pretty handy with my left, but no way ambidextrous.

That's an impressive amount of time to put into a skill though! As we grow older it gets so much harder to put time into the hobbies we love. So it's very impressive you're taking this step now!

I should mention to you too, that if you switch from Photobucket to Imgur, you shouldn't have to deal with a big watermark across your images.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Xseos

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2022, 01:41:18 PM »
@Suuper-san, thank you for your feedback! The cons of your left hand or opposite non dominant hand is that it can be very frustrating getting something down on paper if you have an idea or working from reference. But there is more pros than cons because you can be certain to always bring something new to the table. For instance, I can contemplate many ideas but when I use my right hand (Dominant hand) I tend to focus too much on the details, shading complexity  and so on. But when I use my left hand (Non-Dominant hand)  I am free for being restricted. I can use that freedom to create something completely new and refreshing, if I wanted to draw something without thinking that would be my first choice. My dominant hand can then finish it up by doing what it does best fine-tuning.

@Coryn thank you for the acknowledgment and praise! I can only day that I was always interested in comic strip and building my own. I never stopped drawing but I had been on and off with it, I did paintings and portraits for a few dollars here and there. But always took long breaks. Down below is a small panel I made a few years ago experimenting with the panel layout and more. Just thought I should share. 😀

Spoiler
G.N.D

Offline Xseos

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2022, 01:52:59 PM »
Spoiler

I tried using imgur but had problems uploading, I'm still fairly new to these networks...T_T
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 05:08:48 PM by Xseos »
G.N.D

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2022, 04:31:02 PM »
Understandable. Just make sure the web address you're linking ends with the files type (.jpg or whatever).

Also, please avoid double posting. You have the ability to edit a post if you need to.

Offline Xseos

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2022, 06:27:22 PM »
Understandable. Just make sure the web address you're linking ends with the files type (.jpg or whatever).

Also, please avoid double posting. You have the ability to edit a post if you need to.

How do I delete? I have been looking for this option...please help thank you
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 05:55:52 AM by Xseos »
G.N.D

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2022, 11:46:41 AM »
Top right of your post when viewing the thread.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2022, 02:10:12 PM »
@Xseos I see what you mean about using right/left hands to get different styles, I used to be like that when I first started using my left hand more, but nowadays I'm just very sketchy with both hands XD
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Xseos

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2022, 06:03:31 AM »
Deleted
G.N.D

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2022, 11:52:27 AM »
I should say, if you hit "Remove" you can get rid of the post entirely. It will make your post count go down by one, but from experience: it ain't worth worrying about. Quality of discussion matters more.

Offline Xseos

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2022, 05:42:13 PM »
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Did a few sketches for some upcoming characters and practiced different angles. ^_^
G.N.D