May 28, 2022, 11:17:49 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Hey guys just random literature  (Read 974 times)

Offline evand498

• wedktommorrow
  • weekly schedule and my fire
    • View Profile
Hey guys just random literature
« on: September 29, 2021, 10:42:07 AM »
Hey i'm just confused when it comes to literature I don't really like fantasy stuff that much I like horses and war. I like reality also but also with things that little bit not real. Just like Gantz in a way but Idk i'm trying to figure out literature I like mixing social studies with literature as well like when it comes about war. I'm researching lu bu wei I want to understand the literature like something similar like what is lu bu wei when it is applied to literature something like that or something similar in a different term so I can compromise
Like rowing a boat, we enter the future backwards. All we see are the scenes of the past, and no one cannot see the views of tomorrow
Coryn, MK and Suuper-san helped me out I wish there were more people like them
https://lf-empire.de/forum/member.php?action=profile&uid=4156
I sacrifice my future to rewrite my past

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Hey guys just random literature
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2021, 11:36:34 AM »
Just to be clear: are you looking for book recommendations here? I'm not sure exactly what you're asking.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2021, 12:35:42 PM »
Sounds like you are looking for the term “Historical Fiction”?? This is basically where the writer inserts made up elements into historical events, or simply just dramatises historical events a bit. A popular literary example of this is Wolf of the Plains by Conn Iggulden, or maybe at a stretch Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman. I just got finished reading The Day of The Jackal by Frederick Forsyth which I would also loosely call historical fiction.

But then Gantz is pretty much just “Science Fiction” with dark elements. A lot of top class Sci-Fi is less about space battles and more about exploring extrapolations of where technological and/or societal trends/experiments/questions may lead. The Forever War by Joe Haldeman, I Am Legend by Richard Matheson, Neuromancer by William Gibson, Dune by Frank Herbert, etc.

There is a whole lot out there to read, and if you have a kindle or tablet then a lot of it you can find for free or dirt cheap on the Amazon Kindle Books Store by just sorting the list by “price: low to high”.

Offline evand498

• wedktommorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2021, 01:40:20 PM »
Lu Bu Wei is a term in kingdom anime just wonder how to my make own term of writing something like that.

I wonder what would happen if posted my résume here and tapastic and ask different ways and opinions to help me grow responsibe, mental health ways and ways to coop up everyday, life skills and so on

Yeah I think i'm going to the doctor today i'll check these post when I have a chance
Like rowing a boat, we enter the future backwards. All we see are the scenes of the past, and no one cannot see the views of tomorrow

Offline evand498

• wedktommorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2021, 01:43:53 PM »

I don't want to break my head too much on this just taking it little at a time
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 01:51:20 PM by evand498 »

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2021, 05:38:38 PM »

Lu Bu Wei is a term in kingdom anime just wonder how to my make own term of writing something like that.

I didn't realise it was a "term" in Kingdom... Isn't the character Ryo Fu based off of/inspired by the real life politician Lu Buwei? Again this is an example of historical fiction or dramatisation.

I wonder what would happen if posted my résume here and tapastic and ask different ways and opinions to help me grow responsibe, mental health ways and ways to coop up everyday, life skills and so on

I don't recommend posting your resume on this forum... Don't post personal documents/information in public spaces on the internet - this can be quite dangerous.

Feel free to keep asking generalized questions though.

Offline evand498

• wedktommorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2021, 08:34:27 PM »
yeah ok let me know if you know what I talk about in this thread

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2021, 12:02:10 PM »
I have to agree with NO1SY both that you seem to be dancing around the Historical Fiction genre and that it's a bad idea to openly post your resume.

If you're looking to coin a term for yourself, or your writing style, then the only way you can do that is to get out there and write some stuff then let others read it. It's like how you can't give yourself your own nickname. It has to come from without.

And if you want help with your resume, there are a lot of free guides out there for you to use. You can take the tips presented just one at a time too. For instance, you can start by just working on the formatting of the bullet points. Then you can work on clean up your sentences one by one, distilling them to only the critical elements. Then you can cut out what you need to get it down to a single page. Then you can review your word choices to see what synonyms might work better.

It might seem daunting all taken together, but going through things one at a time makes it easier.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline evand498

• wedktommorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2021, 01:01:49 PM »
yeah it's ok don't worry about it I'm more concerned about the literature and drawing artwork skills. I'm working on my life skills also